Confirmed! Totti is still a jerk! (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ian, are you saying you take offence when the homosexual reference is made in a negative context only or at all times? When people joke around and call each other gay, is that a problem with you? Cause frankly I don't see a difference between the two, if I were to take offence to one, I would to both.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
Ian, are you saying you take offence when the homosexual reference is made in a negative context only or at all times? When people joke around and call each other gay, is that a problem with you? Cause frankly I don't see a difference between the two, if I were to take offence to one, I would to both.
Actually, I must disagree . I guess it really depends who the people involved are. If someone from this forum who i have a decent relationship with made a homosexual reference to me (which has probably been done), I wouldn't be offended. However, even if someone like walu_ex came here and called me a ___, I wouldn't really be offended, since I'm not homosexual myself. The only time I would find this offensive is if someone started talking about homosexuals in general and started making judgments and unjustified statements about them in general.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Hmmm again, I'm not too sure. I actually think that if it's not in an attacking way, it's not so offensive. I guess I wouldn't know, so it's not fair for me to make a judgment...

Maybe it's worth mentioning that homosexuals have adopted the name "queer" for themselves (e.g.), so maybe they're not so offended by 'name-calling'.

It's like me calling myself a gook or black people calling eachother niggers. I'd be fine with being called a gook by most people, but if it's in a blatantly offensive way, of course I wouldn't be okay with that...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Actually, I must disagree . I guess it really depends who the people involved are. If someone from this forum who i have a decent relationship with made a homosexual reference to me (which has probably been done), I wouldn't be offended. However, even if someone like walu_ex came here and called me a ___, I wouldn't really be offended, since I'm not homosexual myself. The only time I would find this offensive is if someone started talking about homosexuals in general and started making judgments and unjustified statements about them in general.

I'm sure I have done it :undecide:

If not, than remind me to do so in the future :D :p

And no, I am not a homophobe, I have nothing against homosexuals :stuckup:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I use the word often to joke and insult. About the human thing, im not sayin that they deserve death or something like that, is just they kind f life and i definitely not support it as i see it very shemafull and disrecpectfull. Surely ill not agree with everyone in my point of view.

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #111
    Ian, are you saying you take offence when the homosexual reference is made in a negative context only or at all times?
    I do not have a problem with people using the words to describe something an appropriate manner. For instnce the only appropriate manner that I can think of is when describing someone's sexual preference.

When people joke around and call each other gay, is that a problem with you? Cause frankly I don't see a difference between the two, if I were to take offence to one, I would to both.
    Yes, it is a problem for me. When people use the term "gay", they say things like "Man, we lost to Roma, that's so gay", or "You let in a goal, you faggot." Do you not see how those terms are being used in a derogatory manner, adjusting the connotation of the word to be negative.

For instance, I imagine that very few people would be okay with it if, if I said, "Man buffon let is the winning goal , that nigger!" or "Moggi never spends any money, what a jew!" Both of those statements use terms which might otherwise be considered acceptable, but the way that they are used makes them offensive. I hope that you see my point with that.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #112
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    But that's exxactly what you are doing when you use the terms in a derogatory manner! By making the terms that describe homosexuals into negative terms, you generalise the entire homosexual population and degrade them.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Yes, it is a problem for me. When people use the term "gay", they say things like "Man, we lost to Roma, that's so gay", or "You let in a goal, you faggot." Do you not see how those terms are being used in a derogatory manner, adjusting the connotation of the word to be negative.

For instance, I imagine that very few people would be okay with it if, if I said, "Man buffon let is the winning goal , that nigger!" or "Moggi never spends any money, what a jew!" Both of those statements use terms which might otherwise be considered acceptable, but the way that they are used makes them offensive. I hope that you see my point with that.
    What if I say... "Aw man, Buffon let in 3 goals, what a frikkin' idiot", will I be offending all idiots? Or maybe if I say "Totti is such a dumbass", will all dumb people and their asses be sad?

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #114
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    What if I say... "Aw man, Buffon let in 3 goals, what a frikkin' idiot", will I be offending all idiots? Or maybe if I say "Totti is such a dumbass", will all dumb people and their asses be sad?
    You are offending idiots, but I believe that the general consensus is that being an idiot is you rown fault and a negative attribute, while being homosexual is not. Meanwhile, I would like it to be known that the use of the term gay or faggot or any other similar one in a derogatory manner is offensive to a more people than just homosexuals.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

I do not have a problem with people using the words to describe something an appropriate manner. For instnce the only appropriate manner that I can think of is when describing someone's sexual preference.

It's been a while since you started making sense...... ;)

well said Ian :)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

You are offending idiots, but I believe that the general consensus is that being an idiot is you rown fault and a negative attribute, while being homosexual is not. Meanwhile, I would like it to be known that the use of the term gay or faggot or any other similar one in a derogatory manner is offensive to a more people than just homosexuals.
    You knew I was kiddin' right?

Anyways, aren't you talking a bit of horsecrap yourself, when you describe a gay human being as a failure? When saying that it's not their fault, you also say that there is a fault, and thereby state that a gay dude is a failure.

Don't worry... I'm just twisting your words, and it's fun! :D

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #119
    You knew I was kiddin' right?
    No.

Anyways, aren't you talking a bit of horsecrap yourself, when you describe a gay human being as a failure? When saying that it's not their fault, you also say that there is a fault, and thereby state that a gay dude is a failure.
    I did not say "It is not their fault', I said that being an idiot and being homosexual are very different things and can not be compared in the same way.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

No.
    hehe... I may be a wack-ass, but I'm not that stupid. ;)

I did not say "It is not their fault', I said that being an idiot and being homosexual are very different things and can not be compared in the same way.
    As I said, I was twisting your words for the fun of it.
    I ask you again. You know I'm kiddin' right?

I'll stop f*ckin' around, cuz I can tell you're taking this very seriously. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)