Confirmed! Totti is still a jerk! (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2002
from Soccernet:

DUBAI, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Italy's Francesco Totti said on Tuesday he would not quit Serie A 'under any circumstances.'

The AS Roma striker told reporters the absence of players like Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo had not affected the Italian league.

Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid in 2001. Ronaldo joined Real from Inter Milan last year.

Totti said: 'We have one of the strongest national leagues in the world and our clubs invariably make it to the finals of the European competitions. Perhaps, Zidane and his colleagues felt lost in Italy.'

Totti was in Dubai to publicise the launch of a website for a local club.

Asked about 34-year-old Gabriel Batistuta's move from Italy to a club in Qatar, Totti said: 'Batistuta is an asset for any national league because he has played in different parts of the world and has accumulated a great amount of experience but the only problem is that he is too old now.'

What an arrogant and disrespectful thing to say...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Disrespectful or just plain ignorant, both of which I find equally likely.

The mentality of a 14 year old in the head of a 27 year old it seems.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
He might be arrognat, but he is right too... Batistuta is too passe to play anywhere except America or Saudi Arabia/Quatar/Japan ;)

OP
Ian
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    He might be arrognat, but he is right too... Batistuta is too passe to play anywhere except America or Saudi Arabia/Quatar/Japan ;)
    I'm sure that there are a bunch of lesser teams in Italy who would love to have him.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    True, but he is nowhere near the top level anymore. Better to earn easy money in Quatar than to try to score in Italy ;)

Hell, I'd do the same :D

Kiko

Jun 2, 2003
    Well I wouldnt call him a jerk because of that comment, I mean say it as you will but 34 is quite old for playing football in such a competitive league. But like he said before, he means it with no direspect towards Batistuta and says he is a great player.

Darin

Sep 8, 2002
    i guess wat he said is true :D

he was asked in some TV interview wether he will go 2 visit Batistuta in Qatar n he said that he wishes 2 but he has 2 go back 2 rome

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    True, but he is nowhere near the top level anymore. Better to earn easy money in Quatar than to try to score in Italy ;)
    I agree with GOAT on this.

Totti is right, that Batistuta is too old.
    He said the truth, and this is not his fault, that the truth is harsh.
    However, maybe he should keep his mouth closed, than to say such things about a guy, he played with.

Maybe it's not even about his age, but his shape right now.
    I always think, that players should leave, when they are in not in bad shape, cause people will remember about last bad matches than about the great past.
    Example: Seaman.

OP
    Ian
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Kiko ] ++
    Well I wouldnt call him a jerk because of that comment, I mean say it as you will but 34 is quite old for playing football in such a competitive league. But like he said before, he means it with no direspect towards Batistuta and says he is a great player.
    Hold your horses people! You all forgot the part where he says Zidane wasn't good enough for Serie A, with the obivous implication that he is. Totti has declared himself to be better than Zidane!

Majed

Jul 17, 2002

do you know what that means?! ;) :D

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++

I agree with GOAT on this.

Totti is right, that Batistuta is too old.
    He said the truth, and this is not his fault, that the truth is harsh.
    However, maybe he should keep his mouth closed, than to say such things about a guy, he played with.

Maybe it's not even about his age, but his shape right now.
    I always think, that players should leave, when they are in not in bad shape, cause people will remember about last bad matches than about the great past.
    Example: Seaman.

yea yea.... i agree with you.

Also, Totti diddn't phrase it an an insultive manner. He said what is more or less a fact...... but yeah... like you said.... sometimes, it would be better just not to say it.

Hold your horses people! You all forgot the part where he says Zidane wasn't good enough for Serie A, with the obivous implication that he is. Totti has declared himself to be better than Zidane!
    I don't know what exactly he really meant with that Zidane comment, if he really meant to say that Zidane isn't good enough like what you have said, then yeah..... Totti's a brianless jerk.

But then....... if you don't read between the lines.... then actually Totti may not have said anything wrong.....

"Totti said: 'We have one of the strongest national leagues in the world and our clubs invariably make it to the finals of the European competitions. "

This is true..... no dout

"Perhaps, Zidane and his colleagues felt lost in Italy."

and this??? Well.... Totti diddn't exactly say anything bad about Zidane. It never exited his mouth that Zidane was not good enough or anything of the sort. I think it really depends on how you interpret this. Yeah i know it does look very much like he's implicating that he's better than Zidane, but if this is the truth, at least he's being smarter about this than Raul.

Anyways. that's just my view :)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

he merely implied that he MIGHT be better than zidane in SERIE A and not overall.

i think he is kinda arrogant, but you can't be as bad as the media and issume all sorts of things....

Sep 28, 2002
    stupid bastard. italian teams make to the finals? well yeah, last season, than 7 years ago. :wallbang:

batistuta too old? look at hubner, hes old, he smokes and was top scorer just a year ago. baggio is doing well. i'm not blaming batistuta for sucking arse. roma, inter are strong teams with much expectations, every grandpa would've choked int hese conditions but in some lower team he could've bagged 15+ goals easily

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    I don't find this that arrogant, to me it seems like he's just trying to backup and support Serie A, something that surely sits well with Italian NT fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)