Concerts (1 Viewer)

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Rage Against the Machine at Roseland Ballroom in 1999. About 2,000 people were there, all Gen. Admission. Probably one of the most intense expierences of my life.

My other vote would be seeing Dave Matthews Band at Giants Stadium last year. We were tailgating all afternoon so we were good and drunk by the time the show came. The whole day it was overcast and looked like it was going to rain but it never did. As Dave played, you could see clouds rolling and lighting off in the distance. As they prepared to play thier final song, "Two Step" it started to rain. Right when the song starts, it begins raining as hard as it can. Hail is even coming down. The band was on stage, tearing it up, as the audience was sitting through this torrential downpour with wind, thunder, lighting and hail. After the song was over, the band went off stage. The energy in the tunnell leaving the Stadium was amazing, everyone was yelling and screaming, people were carrying each other on thier shoulders. Then we get outside and all the rain had stopped. It became a cool, peaceful summer night in a matter of minutes. It seemed as if the energy was building througout the entire day and just as the band played thier encore, the heavens unleased all of thier fury. It was the most surreal expierence of my life.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Pearl Jams final Concert : Seattle 2000...Words cannot describe!!

Rage Against the Machine, STP, Therapy?, RHCP at reading festival

Lollapallozza 92: Especially STP and even more especially the 2 tracks they did with RHCP

Little Angels supporting Bryan Adams at wembley stadium

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I've only been to one concert like that, it was the Michael Jackson world tour in 1991, I was a huge fan at the time and it was simply the best :thumb:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    i went to a Pearl Jam concert, i thought finally a good concert, but then when the concert came, i had a high fever(high temp.,migrains etc) :groan: what timing.....i still went, but i didnt stay long, i went back....and the jam didnt help much...

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    How do you define magic? ;) Did you stagedive? I saw a piece of a Slipknot concert in Holland on tv and people were going mad there! Looked like a happy bunch! :D

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by ErikP ] ++
    How do you define magic? ;) Did you stagedive? I saw a piece of a Slipknot concert in Holland on tv and people were going mad there! Looked like a happy bunch! :D
    It was pretty wild, yes :D

I friend of mine bought a VHS from someone who had recorded the whole thing from the stands, he gave it to me and I converted it onto my comp. It brings back the memories :cool:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    He's very loyal :D

I forgot to mention New York Salsa All Stars - would won in the category the best dance concert!

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    I've got 3 Polish fav groups, And I always go to their concerts, when I can. I'm sure you've never heard about them: Perfect, Hey and Wilki (Wolves).
    Perfect is a Polish music legend: They'd started in70's/80's and now they are listened by next generation - like me :D
    And their concerts gather huge number of people.

And all 3: pure magic :)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
    But, there is sth more in this thread.
    It about concert I would love to be I couldn't, so it will remain a dream, that won't come true.
    And the reason is rather obviously :D....

1986 year.... :D

London, Wembley Stadium, on 11th and 12th July 1986.
    Concert starts approx. 4 pm
    Tickets Ł14.50 incl VAT ;)
    (Sorry, that should be pounds, but not on my keyboard ;))

Whenever..................... went on tour they always prodused the most spectacular shows of their time. This was very much the case on 11th and 12th July 1986, when they played their first ever Wembley Staduim dates on a UK tour that played to 400,000 people - breaking all previous attendance records.
    At Wembley alone they played to 150,000 people over two nights.
    The show itself incorporated the largest lighting ever assembled for a live show and features the biggest stage; 160 feet wide and capable of filing one entire end of Wembley Stadium. The set was so large, that supports had to be bored into the concrete foundation of the stadium.

And all concerts they played in 4, only with some exceptions in few songs, when they needed additional keyboard. No useless staff.

Let me intoduce:
    Freddie Mercury
    Brian May
    Roger Taylor
    John Deacon

Ladies and gentelmen, it's a king of magic:

Queen :heart:

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
    the best concert ive seen. thats easy and predictable.

RHCP, Slane Castle, Dublin. This year.

Soooooooo cool.

John Frusciante is even better live :D

Give it away, Give it away, Give it Away now. :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)