Computer-related help (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
2 things i need help for.

1. Im getting a new 60gb HD installed on my comp soon(upgraded from a 4, yes 4 GB :eek:) and I want to format my hard drive. I dont have anything important on my computer right now because everything I need I have on cds.

So how do i format my drive?

2. Whenever I turn on my PC it says I have 22 processes running. But when I C-A-D I dont see 22 applications. Is there a program that will let me see all the processes running on my computer at any given time?

Any help will me appreciated and will be repayed with my love.

Buy on AliExpress.com

maxmc

Jul 27, 2002
phew haven't worked on a pc for ages, but here's what u have to do when using an OS with the option to re-start in dos....:
simply go to the DOS modus and enter:
format "the letter of ur drive - probably c:"

from what when u're in windows u cannot format the disk with the OS on it....
but i've never worked with the newest OS...

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Josh , there is 2 ways to do format and partition your hard drive :

1- Boot your Pc using a startup disk then use Fdisk A:\Fdisk to partition your disk then Exit Fdisk and use this command to format the created partitions A:\format C: where C: is the Drive letter of the drive you want to format. repeat this step for all other drives.

2- If you still have windows get a program called Partition magic 8 or any version you can find and use it to Divide your new drive into partitions.it's very easy to use.you won't need help to use it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)