Co-ownership wrap-up (1 Viewer)

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
Moggi is pure class. Love the guy.

Our squad will have A LOT of depth this coming season. A lot more then this past year, when our bench was BARE.

Cant wait to see how it all pans out. This latest co-ownership news got me really excited.

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Eeeeer, Trezeguet?
WOW!!!!!!!!!! How did I NOT remember that. HAHAAAAA
Im sitting here laughing. WOW.

I honestly just forgot. WOW.

Benjamin would make it 7 then, maybe even someothers, though not sure if they'd be considered first team players. But ya, 6 good-world class forwards, intense. Someones gotta go, Trez and Miccoli, and Zalayeta, and bring in Cassano.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Maresca's must be the deal of the century. Such a technically gifted player bought for just 12,000 Euros is incredible nowadays.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Dio, I hope they keep both Maresca and Miccoli as it will provide Juventus with an edge in terms of mid-season injuries. However, the morale of Maresca and Miccoli is extremely low since they don't want to play for Juve, so they'll probably play like shit.

So, how's Cassano + Mancini sounding? :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Juventus director general Luciano Moggi is all smiles as he takes Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca back to Turin for a bargain, but Fiorentina are fuming.

“Last summer we gave Miccoli and Maresca to the Viola for £6.3m,” explained the transfer guru. “A year later we’re taking them back for £1.6m. It seems like a bargain to me.”

Talks over the future of the players at the end of the co-ownership deal failed to find a breakthrough last night, so the matter went to a blind auction – both clubs submit one secret bid to the Italian Football League, with the team who offers more money taking control of the player.

It seems the Bianconeri did not need to bust the bank in order to complete the signings, as both players arrived for under £2m – giving Juve a £4m profit on the overall transaction.

“We had taken on a large financial commitment to other clubs and nobody took that into account,” fumed Fiorentina director Pantaleo Corvino. “We tried to keep all our players, but could not accept the figures we were being asked for.”

Maresca has been one of the Viola’s most impressive players this season, but both clubs offered just a few thousand Euros in the blind auction.

“The main problem with Maresca was his wage deal and the fact we’d already spent £1.6m for him. It was a financial bloodbath.”

Meanwhile, their future at Juve is far from certain, as there are already strong reports that Miccoli and Maresca will be offered to Roma in part-exchange for Antonio Cassano.

“Cassano will absolutely not join us this year,” insisted the master media manipulator Moggi. “We’ll see if the two ex-Fiorentina men will stay or not. When you have good players in your hands, you have a lot more options at your disposal.”

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
:D:D:D

I can't believe the prices for those two...

:D:D:D:D

++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
“Cassano will absolutely not join us this year,” insisted the master media manipulator Moggi. “We’ll see if the two ex-Fiorentina men will stay or not. When you have good players in your hands, you have a lot more options at your disposal.”
Probably the best description for good ol' Luciano...

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

“Cassano will absolutely not join us this year,”
NExt year on free transfer.

BTw, great Business Moggi has done for US, just gave us almost 7 million euros out of nowhere, like a loan fee for one year!....Hahahaha

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Lets offer Miccoli to Udinese in a straight swap for Pizarro and retain Maresca. And we'll be set in midfield. But i have this dirty feeling Miccoli and Maresca will be the pawns used for the Cassano/Mancini swap. Ideally though, Maresca would be a great option in midfield, if we are to retain his services, because im pretty sure his market value is going to be lower than what it should be, given our bargain for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)