Cm 3 | 4 (6 Viewers)

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
There is now a new demo of CM4, the "gold" demo. Runs a lot faster than the beta demo, has some of the bugs ironed out(keyword: some), and there are a few "new" bugs that you might not have come across in the beta demo. :)

The release date in the UK is set for next Friday, March 28. A patch will be available for download, much like CM 01/02 which had a patch on the day of release.

Here is the link for the demo..
http://www.sigames.com/downloads_view.php?id=303

And in this demo, you can use quick starts to manage a different league other than England. Here's the link to the Italy quickstart...
http://www.sigames.com/downloads_view.php?id=304

Other quickstarts, Spain, Scotland, Germany, France and Holland can be found on the SI website.

Oh, and there is a website for skins, so you can try a few different ones if you don't like what comes with the game...
http://www.cmskins.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
a few things abou the game:

a few new features were added eg.description of a player and the player's minor concerns.for all TCM junkies out there it's all fine but it's totally crap for long time CMers.the description of ale says:complete forward.no,i can't see that in his value and from his stats.miccoli is described as 'quick striker and i wouldn't know if his pace and accelaration were at 20.

the resolution is at 1024xXXX and it makes the fonts so small and messy.numbers are all over the screen and half of which are pretty much irrelavant to what i'm looking for.in CM3 the player screens were divided into many(5,i think) sections(eg.transfer,contract,hiistory etc) and now it's just three.player's worths are either hugely decreased or ballooned out of proportion.can you believe zamby is worth 6m and ale 30m?

i know CM should be difficult but c'mon,juve doesn't have a 6.75m transfer budget!even if i were a first-time manager i would at least be given,say,15 million pounds to work with!

ok,now on to the good things.the transfer market is now more responsive and there are many more things to do on the training and message screens.i like the first option thingy as it lets you explore new and unproven players without taking too much of a gamble.more transfer options e.g. loan with option to permanent deal and you can enquire about a player's availability, a function they should have added looong ago.

btw anyone has found any skins for CM4?the original one sucks.:p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
What always bugged me about CM3 is how biased it was towards the English clubs. I never saw Real win shit in Europe, somehow they always fell to pieces around the quarter finals. Instead, ManU, Arsenal not to mention Liverpool frequently won the CL. Yeah, incredibly realistic that is, considering in the past 10 years Real won it 3 times and the English altogether have a sum of 1. :rolleyes:

It doesn't seem to be quite as bad in CM4.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
you're right martin to a point, certainly about real, but it was actually roma who were the most overrated team in cm3 (the most recent one anyway). Having said that arsenal are vastly overrated, 'pool too

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Roma in Serie A, yes, not that that was any less annoying. But at least they did win it the year before. Whereas none of the English ever did and it just very much looked like a group of Brit programmers were catering to the market being majorly British :groan:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
later :lazy:

after England lose i'll be in a worse mood, better to rant and rave about the shortcomigs of this game :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)