Cm 3 | 4 (5 Viewers)

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #343
    i have won all but 1 match 8/9, unbeaten....still this...

maybe i should just buy a star...;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++
    is it just me or is this version incredibily slow? i hope they fix this for the the release
    It is, I hope it's just not my computer. Is yours any good?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Just a little somin somin...

CM4 demo: flaws
    User interface
    Nationality select drop down box on add manager screen. Takes a 22 seconds to scroll or a million years in computer terms.
    Screen resolution has been increased to 1024*768 but there is nothing to warrant that change. The most important buttons have been placed at the very bottom, made very small and are miles away from the left menu. The general tendency is to make buttons small, which makes usage inconvenient.
    Stupid horrible popup boxes asking for confirmation. I start a new game, set up my tactics, do you want to keep these changes? No, I'm an idiot. It was infinitely better to have the buttons from the confirmation screens right where the other buttons were, at the bottom of the screen. That way you can navigate swiftly through those screens when you are playing for the 534th time.
    Back button is placed on the left menu only, yet another inconvenience. I'm looking at my squad, I click on a player, want to go back to the squad and I have to find that tiny back button on the left.
    Player search screen now has a scroll box instead of page spanning. Page spanning is much more precise, I know exactly where I am, on which page I find Smicer etc. With the giant scrolling I am totally lost.
    On the tactics screen, if I set up my own tactics, move the positions around the pitch, the order of the players to pick becomes messed up. In CM3 there was a way to fix that by rearranging the positions when there are no players picked. Now that is gone so when I pick my squad in the squad menu, I pick two defenders, an attacking midfielder, then another defender etc.
    The Next Match screen is gone, shame that was good thing.
    While playing a match, the team stats is completely unreadable. No color selection, no coloring by columns, nothing. The column titles are also as good as unreadable.
    During the match, clicking on the team names won't get you to the tactics screen anymore, those buttons are hidden at the bottom of the screen.
    The very fast speed of watching a game is too slow.
    Squad number selection screen doesn't have any numbers to drag, no way to swap numbers of two players, only option is to click on the players one by one and a number will be assigned, user has little option to change that.

EDIT:

And worst of all, ABSOLUTELY NO KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS! It looks like they have taken lessons from EA Sports on how to make the screens a pain in the ass. In Fifa200x, when trying to save a game, you'll have to click away 3-4 popup boxes to accomplish that, of course keyboard is unusable. Back to CM4, when that stupid confirmation popup comes, you have to drag the mouse pointer to the button, thus wasting time instead of doing a simple keyboard shortcut. Think how much time you waste on that function alone if you play 50 seasons altogether!!!

This may be irrelevant for a new user but for someone who's been CMing for 7-8 years, CM2 was infinitely better on user interface.

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Just a little somin somin...

CM4 demo: flaws
    User interface
    Nationality select drop down box on add manager screen. Takes a 22 seconds to scroll or a million years in computer terms.
    Screen resolution has been increased to 1024*768 but there is nothing to warrant that change. The most important buttons have been placed at the very bottom, made very small and are miles away from the left menu. The general tendency is to make buttons small, which makes usage inconvenient.
    Stupid horrible popup boxes asking for confirmation. I start a new game, set up my tactics, do you want to keep these changes? No, I'm an idiot. It was infinitely better to have the buttons from the confirmation screens right where the other buttons were, at the bottom of the screen. That way you can navigate swiftly through those screens when you are playing for the 534th time.
    Back button is placed on the left menu only, yet another inconvenience. I'm looking at my squad, I click on a player, want to go back to the squad and I have to find that tiny back button on the left.
    Player search screen now has a scroll box instead of page spanning. Page spanning is much more precise, I know exactly where I am, on which page I find Smicer etc. With the giant scrolling I am totally lost.
    On the tactics screen, if I set up my own tactics, move the positions around the pitch, the order of the players to pick becomes messed up. In CM3 there was a way to fix that by rearranging the positions when there are no players picked. Now that is gone so when I pick my squad in the squad menu, I pick two defenders, an attacking midfielder, then another defender etc.
    The Next Match screen is gone, shame that was good thing.
    While playing a match, the team stats is completely unreadable. No color selection, no coloring by columns, nothing. The column titles are also as good as unreadable.
    During the match, clicking on the team names won't get you to the tactics screen anymore, those buttons are hidden at the bottom of the screen.
    The very fast speed of watching a game is too slow.
    Squad number selection screen doesn't have any numbers to drag, no way to swap numbers of two players, only option is to click on the players one by one and a number will be assigned, user has little option to change that.

EDIT:

And worst of all, ABSOLUTELY NO KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS! It looks like they have taken lessons from EA Sports on how to make the screens a pain in the ass. In Fifa200x, when trying to save a game, you'll have to click away 3-4 popup boxes to accomplish that, of course keyboard is unusable. Back to CM4, when that stupid confirmation popup comes, you have to drag the mouse pointer to the button, thus wasting time instead of doing a simple keyboard shortcut. Think how much time you waste on that function alone if you play 50 seasons altogether!!!

This may be irrelevant for a new user but for someone who's been CMing for 7-8 years, CM2 was infinitely better on user interface.
    everything you say is true and bothers me aswell.
    have you posted these complaints on the sports interactive website forum? I'm sure they have some sort of thread were you can say what's wrong with the game. I wouldn't know however, since i can't access their website.

which reminds me: is there anywhere I could download an italian quickstart (anywhere but www.sigames.com)? england bores me.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++

It is extremely slow for me, but I only have 450 MHz.
    It's slow because it hasn't been optimised yet. It will be for the final version.

I'd expect it to still be a little slow on a 450 though.

danielão

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sivori ] ++

everything you say is true and bothers me aswell.
    have you posted these complaints on the sports interactive website forum? I'm sure they have some sort of thread were you can say what's wrong with the game. I wouldn't know however, since i can't access their website.
    Please don't. All of these have been brought up before, probably about 10 times for each thing you stated.

which reminds me: is there anywhere I could download an italian quickstart (anywhere but www.sigames.com)? england bores me.
    There are no quickstarts for CM4, and definitely not for a beta demo.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I'm sorry but if the full version is gonna be anything like this demo, I'm sticking with CM3..I'm just totally lost on this terrible new interface..basically the entire list of Martin's bothers me as well, and I hate the way player's attributes are divided into three sections :confused:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    CM 03/04? what is that?

anyway I am boycotting CM4 until they iron out the sevral (hundred) major flaws in the demo

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I'm sorry but if the full version is gonna be anything like this demo, I'm sticking with CM3..I'm just totally lost on this terrible new interface..basically the entire list of Martin's bothers me as well, and I hate the way player's attributes are divided into three sections :confused:
    I remember people complaining about how CM2 was much better than CM3, I think people will accept CM4 after some time.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    I remember people complaining about how CM2 was much better than CM3, I think people will accept CM4 after some time.
    personally I hated Cm2 but instantly loved cm3!

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    I remember my uncle never managed the transition from CM2 to CM3, got too advanced for him:D
    :howler:

I actually think they were quite similar, whereas cm4 is totally different (and crap :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)