CM 01/02 annoyances (1 Viewer)

Most annoying bug/"feature" of CM 01/02?

• English teams dominating Europe

• Roma unbeatable

• Impossible to sign certain players due to contracts being signed 2 seconds after expiry

• Other, please state

Results are only viewable after voting.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
CM4 is by no means a finished product, and I think we all have CM3 fresh in mind. What bugs you most about it?

I noticed two main problems.

1. English teams dominate Europe. Looking back at history, Real Madrid has won the CL 3 times the past decade, ManU, Arsenal and Liverpool a combined of one. Yet in my games Real never win jack in Europe, somehow they always self destruct around the quarter finals, while one of the English win most often. It very much looks like a group of British programmers catered to a public mostly British. :rolleyes:

2. Roma unbeatable. No matter how many times I've played, in the first season Roma are always unbeatable. Often I've taken control of them to mess them up just cause it bugged me. Fair enough they won the league but this is ridiculous! :fero:

EDIT: I got another..

3. Whether it's a player you're following or one of your own players, it's friggin moronic how the game is played out. You are notified that a player's contact has expired in a news message, then in the next message you learn a contract has been offered by another party, yet in another you learn it has been signed. And all those messages come with no time passed in between them. So basically, you can lose a player all in one go, from the time the contract expires to the time it's signed takes about 3 milliseconds and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. WTF is that about?? :fero:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
ROMA:fero:

it never fails...in my first season i had them in the coppa and Cl finals-that explains why i'm playing 00/01 now.;)

Sep 28, 2002
actally i dont find english teams unstoppale. when i played with juve, most oftenly 3 cl semifinalists were italians. man are dominating in epl, but in europe they didn't do anything good. what bothered me was the results of borussia, that won 2 WCCs in a row. and arsenal didnt even make to 2002/03 cl because of their place in epl. only man utd was against the best team in europe, but certainly not the best

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    I don't know how many games you played then, I know I played quite a few, maybe 7-10 different games and more often than not the English dominated in Europe.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I have to admit that I usually play as the English teams, but I've not found them to dominate europe. In fact, the game I'm in the middle of at the moment is with Chelsea, and 3-4 games into the second group stage, Man U, Arsenal, Newcastle and Leeds are on the verge of elimination (Arsenal did win it last season, I think).

I have found that the Spanish teams underachieve to a stupid extrent. When I played with Oldham for 25 or so seasons, I dominated Europe totally, but the teams closest to me were always Italian, or to a lesser extent, English, never Spanish.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    - when you totally dominate games but lose 3-0 with your keeper getting a 4 and theirs a 10
    - when it keeps happening about 10 times a season
    - roma being so damn good

'part from that its cool

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    - when you totally dominate games but lose 3-0 with your keeper getting a 4 and theirs a 10 - when it keeps happening about 10 times a season
    - roma being so damn good

'part from that its cool

That is totally frustrating!!!!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    - when you totally dominate games but lose 3-0 with your keeper getting a 4 and theirs a 10
    It's even worse when you lose 1-0, having dominated, putting 20+ shots on target, and they score with their only shot on target (sometimes their only shot, period).

And has anyone else ever had a guy score two goals, and still play a five? :fero:

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I have another annoyance. In my current game, I have a 20 year old CD who came out of my youth scheme, and has already been capped twice by England. Real Madrid have bid the same 3.8M + 600k after 20 appearances five times in the last week. :mad:

I've had to raise his price to £17M to shut them up, which may piss him off if he stays on my bench.

bubba

Apr 6, 2003
    Roma being damn good but i choose my own...Juventus being so lousy and every juve player average rating so terrible...never has a juve player,in the my gaming history, win the topscorer or best player...another one, manutd's strikers :eek:

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    Aaahh, I don't like CM 01/01 at all, it's just so full of bugs and it doesn't really have anything new from CM2. The interface is horrible and it's just so slow....

;)

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++
    Aaahh, I don't like CM 01/01 at all, it's just so full of bugs and it doesn't really have anything new from CM2. The interface is horrible and it's just so slow....

;)
    And CM2 itself had nothing on the original and best CM... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)