Clubs to follow this year? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well we all have our favorites but there's usually a couple of clubs that stir our interest for various reasons, either they play an exceptionally good game, have a lot of exciting players or whatever other reasons that may attract our interest. The season is about to start and I ask you who looks good this year, which clubs will you keep an eye on?

Barcelona
Their market moves prove why they are a giant, they've signed a lot of top players, exciting players. Whether this means they'll have a breakthrough season is anyone's guess but they really look good to me right now. Giuly is given his big break, I'm really curious to what he can do in Spain. If he can reproduce half of what he did at Monaco, he'll be a key asset to Barca. Then there's Deco, a pointless transfer by all accounts, since they had Gaucho and Xavi already. Still, he's a good player and could make an impact coming off the bench. I'm still in awe over how good Larsson is. You would think that playing in Scotland would have made him average by "top class" standards but he must have an enormous drive to improve all the time and I'm confident that just doing what he does without much added effort he'll be very successful. Finally Ronaldinho, it's hard not to mention him in this context. Possibly the best player in the world and for my money he wipes the floor with Totti. He's a match winner, which is a crucial quality, as is Giuly of course. Otherwise, they have completed a bunch of other transfers and it looks like they have depth in abundance this term.

PSG
At the end of last season, they made a strong comeback and grabbed 2nd place ahead of Monaco. Now they have been reinforced with several strong names, like Mario Yepes, Edouard Cissé (back from loan at Monaco), Sylvain Armand and the brilliant Jérôme Rothen. In the past, a lot has rested on the shoulders of Pauleta and it looks like he's getting old. By all accounts, they should have enough depth to make up for that through Ogbeche, Reinaldo, and Ljuboja. Like Barcelona, they are seeded for the CL this year and hopefully they'll go quite far.

Meanwhile, I think it would be very satisfying to have Real Madrid eliminated in the CL qualifiers by Wisla Krakow, who's with me? :devil::D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Seeing Fiorentina again will be exciting... Barcelona and roma will be very interesting teams to follow too...

Jul 19, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Meanwhile, I think it would be very satisfying to have Real Madrid eliminated in the CL qualifiers by Wisla Krakow, who's with me? :devil::D
I'm definitely with you. :devil: Wisla Krakow is a pretty decent side and might just screw up Madrid if they're not careful.......and I hope they're not. :p

Anyway.......we should probably be more worried about Juve getting past Djurgardens. :scared:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Yeah, Fiorentina, forgot about them. They've got some good players, Nakata, Ujfaluši, maresca, portillo, and they said they'll sign three more. Could be in the fight for the Intertoto Cup maybe, but I dont expect more from them.

EDIT: PSG also.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I personaly dont think so. Why would Chelsea agree to their terms but not ours? And I dont believe that Fiorentina can agree to Chelseas terms, or pay what Mutu wants in wages.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I personaly dont think so. Why would Chelsea agree to their terms but not ours? And I dont believe that Fiorentina can agree to Chelseas terms, or pay what Mutu wants in wages.
Chelsea will still cover alot of his wages. And I hope to god he stays. It sucks being a chelsea fan now, im not used to all this crap.

Anyways to answer Martins question... CHELSEA!!! :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Thats not what I ment. I mean, if Chelsea want the same terms with Fiorentina, they'll want them to permanently buy Mutu, and, unless they agree to pay part of his wages even when he's completely sold, I dont think Fiorentina could afford that.

Jan 7, 2004
# 1 club to follow will be Chelsea and Valencia, after them it is gonna be Barca and Inter. Arsenal and Milan will not go down without a fight as always and Man U could get back to its level also. as for seria a, lecce, fiore, and palermo could become surprises

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
I like to see AS Roma playing, I dunno but I think it's more interesting than before with so many primavera players in the squad.
But it doesn't mean they're gonna be my fav.
And yeah, It's very interesting to see Fiorentina back again.

++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Ah, NO thank you ;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)