Claudio Ranieri (12 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ranieri: We Can Win The Title

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri believes that Juventus have a chance of winning the Scudetto and hopes that Inter and Roma meet in the final of the Champions League so that they will be tired in the final weeks of the league season.

After their year spent in purgatory in Serie B last season, Juventus were expected to struggle upon their return to top-flight football. However the Bianconeri have had a magnificent start to the new campaign and currently sit in second place in the Serie A standings.

“It is possible we can win the title,” said Ranieri. “I do not know exactly the chances are of us winning it but it is our objective to try.

“Of course we will need a bit of luck along the way. It would be beautiful if Roma and Inter were to meet in the final of the Champions League as they would both lose something in the championship.

“However I do not think Totti and his Roma companions are ready to challenge in Europe yet. They still need another year of experience.

“The squad of Inter are one of the three favourites for the Champions League, along with Barcelona and Milan. Yes, I do mean the Milan that have had a delicate start to the season. Europe is the natural home of Milan.

“The fourth semi-finalist I think will be an English team, probably Manchester United.”
does anyone else just wish he'd shut his mouth, and just coach ??

Him and Legro have the same "foot in mouth" disease :D

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ranieri Wants Mclaren’s Job!

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has admitted that he would fancy a stint as the coach of either England or Spain.

Ranieri has made a name for himself abroad by managing major clubs in both countries, and is also drawn by the fact that the national teams of both England and Spain are considered two of international football's great under-achievers.

"After winning everything I would like to finish my career with a national team,” revealed Ranieri, who has made a positive start to his tenure in charge of Juve.

"I have worked in Spain and England (Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Valencia)where there are big teams and big players. "And I often ask myself why their national teams have not won for so long. That would be a good bet!"

Within the same interview with Gazzetto dello Sport, Ranieri was asked whether he was surprised by his former club Chelsea’s decision to part ways with his successor Jose Mourinho.

"Yes," he admitted. "It's not Abramovich's style. But Chelsea are still growing.

"I remember Abramovich telling me the team should be able to run itself in a few years. Chelsea, even with the big salaries it offers, is a long way from reaching that goal.

"Abramovich wants to win the Champions League at all costs but maybe he is starting to ask himself questions."

Ranieri took over the reigns of Juventus from Didier Deschamps in June, after the Frenchman had successfully guided the Italian giants back into Serie A following their demotion due to the infamous match-fixing scandal dubbed Calciopoli.

goal.com

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I think we can win the title too. We've been playing like shit, yet we are winning. We can win this title on grit, heart and determination. Players like Zanetti, Nocerino and Chiellini are the faces of this season's juventus.
A slight chance, but not impossible, let's see what happens

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
@Dominic : let's not forget the in-form scorer " trezeguet". May i add that we did actually play shit because teams like torino requires a shit and a tough play. We played good against roma and reggina though.

Dec 26, 2004
Ranieri Wants Mclaren’s Job!

Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has admitted that he would fancy a stint as the coach of either England or Spain.

Ranieri has made a name for himself abroad by managing major clubs in both countries, and is also drawn by the fact that the national teams of both England and Spain are considered two of international football's great under-achievers.

"After winning everything I would like to finish my career with a national team,” revealed Ranieri, who has made a positive start to his tenure in charge of Juve.

"I have worked in Spain and England (Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Valencia)where there are big teams and big players. "And I often ask myself why their national teams have not won for so long. That would be a good bet!"

Within the same interview with Gazzetto dello Sport, Ranieri was asked whether he was surprised by his former club Chelsea’s decision to part ways with his successor Jose Mourinho.

"Yes," he admitted. "It's not Abramovich's style. But Chelsea are still growing.

"I remember Abramovich telling me the team should be able to run itself in a few years. Chelsea, even with the big salaries it offers, is a long way from reaching that goal.

"Abramovich wants to win the Champions League at all costs but maybe he is starting to ask himself questions."

Ranieri took over the reigns of Juventus from Didier Deschamps in June, after the Frenchman had successfully guided the Italian giants back into Serie A following their demotion due to the infamous match-fixing scandal dubbed Calciopoli.

goal.com
I would say:

"And I often ask myself why Claudio Ranieri's teams have not won for so long"

What I like the most about this article is how tinker first said that he will only move after winning everything with Juve... few seconds later he imagine he already did win everthing and start talking as an established winner coach:rofl:

Jul 5, 2005
Ranieri is only for a few period of time just for setting up the team as he did in Chelse and Valencia and then he will be sucked like DD. And as i see he does't like the idea to stay here for a long so i think it's time to think a replace for him. I don't care if is Mourinho or not. I want to be the best for Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)