Claudio Ranieri (20 Viewers)

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
The Juventus coach believes that the real Bianconeri's squad will be seen in the coming weeks once all the new players have gelled together.

Claudio Ranieri is not too happy to lose out nine players because of the national teams just one week before the start of the new Serie A campaign.

"Not having nine national team players is disheartening, it would have been better to prepare for the return to Serie A with all of the team available.

"Everyone will be back on Thursday and at that point we shall have a couple of days to prepare the match against Livorno.

“This Juve has changed a lot and let's not forget that it has surpassed a tsunami," he said referring to the Calciopoli scandal and Serie B demotion.

"So far we have always played against teams which are already teams, whereas we must still become so. A mother takes nine months to give birth to a child, so give us a bit more time."

goal.com

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Ranieri: We’re ready to go
Thursday 23 August, 2007

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri has insisted that his squad doesn’t need any reinforcements to reach the Champions League.

It is widely agreed that the Bianconeri’s realistic target for their first season back in Serie A is to finish in the top four and book a place in Europe’s showpiece club competition.

While there have been murmerings that the Old Lady haven’t made enough significant signing during the summer, Ranieri seems content.

“We don’t need any more players whatever people say,” the ex-Parma man told the Juventus Channel.

“Emerson and Fabio Cannavaro are two great players, but their time with Juve is over. They are two players who have reached their peak and we need to develop young talent.

“Next year we will make the Champions League and I’m convimced that we will have a very satisfying year – we just need to trust the players.”

The Cadetti champions start their season at home to Livorno on Saturday night and Ranieri is ready for some ring-rustiness.

“It’s important to start well because I know how tough this championship can be,” he concluded.

“It’ll take all the players four or five games to get into their stride.”

Football Italia

francesco

Till death do us part!
Jul 25, 2006
Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri has joined the chorus of complainants against the timing of the recent round of international fixtures which has hampered his preparations for the season opener against Livorno on Saturday.

"At this point to not have nine international players available is discouraging,” sighed the coach, who famously was dubbed ‘Tinkerman’ by the British press for the frequency and at times questionable nature of his substitutions while at the helm of Chelsea.

"Preparations for a return to the Serie A with the whole squad available would surely have been better," he added.

Ranieri’s gripe was more so directed against the Lega Calcio, who earlier this summer were unmoved by calls to move the Serie A season forward by a week in light of the fixture congestion caused by the Euro qualifiers.

Italy play France and Ukraine in two crucial Euro 2008 qualifiers in early September, games which could make or break their qualification campaign.

goal.com

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
he must be on the board's good books; he isn't complaining that he wants another player. I can only hope he is right on this one
At THIS juncture...he definitely is.It's hard enuf blooding in the palyers we brot in over the summer,let alone bringin in new players 24 hours 2 d start of d season.....Let's give the squad a chance

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Ranieri: We’re ready to go
Thursday 23 August, 2007

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri has insisted that his squad doesn’t need any reinforcements to reach the Champions League.

It is widely agreed that the Bianconeri’s realistic target for their first season back in Serie A is to finish in the top four and book a place in Europe’s showpiece club competition.

While there have been murmerings that the Old Lady haven’t made enough significant signing during the summer, Ranieri seems content.

“We don’t need any more players whatever people say,” the ex-Parma man told the Juventus Channel.

“Emerson and Fabio Cannavaro are two great players, but their time with Juve is over. They are two players who have reached their peak and we need to develop young talent.

“Next year we will make the Champions League and I’m convimced that we will have a very satisfying year – we just need to trust the players.”

The Cadetti champions start their season at home to Livorno on Saturday night and Ranieri is ready for some ring-rustiness.

“It’s important to start well because I know how tough this championship can be,” he concluded.

“It’ll take all the players four or five games to get into their stride.”

Football Italia
good mentality. not an easy task, but hope it works. Forza Ranieri!

Midzata®

Jan 26, 2007
I think ranieri is bad solution for Juve. I only felt sorry ewhen Abramovic given him the CL & Premier League ultimatum... But that is kind a funny! :D

I rather like Juve with defensive mantality, actualy strong defence, like in time with Montero, Capello the bitch, and one & only Mr. Lippi!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
I think ranieri is bad solution for Juve. I only felt sorry ewhen Abramovic given him the CL & Premier League ultimatum... But that is kind a funny! :D

I rather like Juve with defensive mantality, actualy strong defence, like in time with Montero, Capello the bitch, and one & only Mr. Lippi!
Totally agree.

i rather have Capello the bitch any day of the week .. he dont take time to wins everywhere he goes..
It is amazing how many people hate him when all he does is win. Fans like to worship players too much.

you mean you are a gloryhunter eh?
Yes, winning is the whole point of playing sports. The whole "having fun" thing is for movies and losers. Winning = Fun.... YAY!

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
exactly, football is more than just winning, its passions, spirit, support and tradition, and most of all sticking to hat you believe.
Passion, Spirit, Support and Tradition is all built on winning. I think you guys watch too many movies. None of you would be Juventus fans if they didn't win. Winning builds tradition, it creates spirit. With winning comes fans (support) and passion. Obviously, we all believe in a team that wins. Lets step back and have a reality check.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
It is amazing how many people hate him when all he does is win. Fans like to worship players too much.
I would say that I agree, but then I had a look at Juventus performances in Champions League in 2004/05 and 2005/06 and my God, what a disgrace. With that team Juventus should have gone far more, instead of looking ridicolous againt objectively speaking, weaker teams. Because thre is no way Arsenal, Liverpool or Werder are actually a better team than Juve. And Juve didn´t win just because of his cold professionalism, wrong approach and disastrous tactics and decisions. Since I care more about Champions League than Scudetto I would never bring Capello again.

Passion, Spirit, Support and Tradition is all built on winning. I think you guys watch too many movies. None of you would be Juventus fans if they didn't win. Winning builds tradition, it creates spirit. With winning comes fans (support) and passion. Obviously, we all believe in a team that wins. Lets step back and have a reality check.
Exactly.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
I would say that I agree, but then I had a look at Juventus performances in Champions League in 2004/05 and 2005/06 and my God, what a disgrace. With that team Juventus should have gone far more, instead of looking ridicolous againt objectively speaking, weaker teams. Because thre is no way Arsenal, Liverpool or Werder are actually a better team than Juve. And Juve didn´t win just because of his cold professionalism, wrong approach and disastrous tactics and decisions. Since I care more about Champions League than Scudetto I would never bring Capello again.
Totally agree. IMO with the squad we had those years any coach could get one championship. we only struggled against teams with proper coaches.
I know that capello wins wherever he goes but those two years were his worst technically.

people criticize ranieri for not winning CL or a major league but he was not supposed to. he took two mid table teams that never dreamed of competing (chelsea and velencia) plus he provided them with a great youth players that are now heroes ( lampard, terry, Vicente, Angolo .....)

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
IMO its a two way street. winning also comes from Passion, Spirit, Support and Tradition. we also need to believe in team to win.

this does not rubbish the fact that winning comes from a proper foundation not only romantic notions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)