Claudio Ranieri (6 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Yeah Gasperini would be nice...he was my vote, however would he use the 3 at the back?
even if he uses 5 at the back , it will not help us considering quality we have

Yeah Spalletti doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. Sure, he's a more savvy attack minded coach but I still wouldn't want to trust him with the team.
his team is so good going forward that they could not even score against Chievo at home..
We dont have any problems with scoring, but with defense

Roma is too weak and I'm sure he'd be great in here.
According to former Roma coach in interview few days old, he said that Roma have better team than Juve and that we quality wise deserve to be in 4th place.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Roma aren't that weak. Some of his decisions don't really instill confidence with me, and I don't exactly like his use of Totti through the years as the lone striker.
They are...this year they were/are pathetic. I don't even remember the last time I saw Mexes next to Juan. It's either Cassetti, Panucci or Loria. Riise is pretty as well so their defense is even weaker than ours. Actually Totti did a good job before he didn't pick up that injury and many times he played behind Vucinic.

IMO he's not doing a good job right now because it's not even possible. I don't think any other coach would get them into the top 4 this season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
According to former Roma coach in interview few days old, he said that Roma have better team than Juve and that we quality wise deserve to be in 4th place.
Bullshit. Even you can compare the two teams and that's not possible. It's not weird if he said it because he's a former coach though.

Right now they don't deserve the 4th place because they were horrible but I'd still pick to see them instead of Viola/Genoa in the CL next season.

Showdown25

Dag-nabit!
Apr 17, 2009
his team is so good going forward that they could not even score against Chievo at home..
We dont have any problems with scoring, but with defense
I never said his team were good at going forward. I said he's a more savvy attack minded coach. The style of play he prefers, the ideas he conveys to his players, formations... you know the stuff the coach usually takes care of. It's not like he can get on the pitch and score for them.

I was just comparing him to Ranieri though because if Spalletti came I doubt we'd see that ever predictable and easily counterable, Ranieri 4-4-2.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Bullshit. Even you can compare the two teams and that's not possible. It's not weird if he said it because he's a former coach though.

Right now they don't deserve the 4th place because they were horrible but I'd still pick to see them instead of Viola/Genoa in the CL next season.
I think this guy knows much more than both of us together..He was their ex coach, and of course watches every game etc..

Zeman questions Inter
Thursday 30 April, 2009

Former Roma and Lazio Coach Zdenek Zeman has questioned Inter's ability to do well in the Champions League.

The Nerazzurri finished second in their group and drew European champions Manchester United in Round Two.

Inter were given a harsh lesson and went out 2-0 on aggregate, disappointing their players and fans, who expected the team to go further.

“Mourinho's team has run its own race since last summer,” Zeman told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “There was no competition.

“The other clubs have participated in another championship. Inter are too strong for the abundance of choices they have between alternative solutions and also for the quality of their so-called regulars.”

Inter are seven points clear at the top of the table, but Milan, who are seven points behind them, believe the title race is still on.

“Milan risk not finishing second. They have a more difficult fixture list than Juventus,” Zeman explained.

“For the Bianconeri, second place would be an exceptional achievement! Because, for the richness and quality of their squad, I believe Juventus are inferior to Inter, Roma and Milan.”

Zeman then turned his attention to his former club Roma, who have struggled this season and currently lie sixth in Serie A.

“Roma have failed this season because they should have fought for the Scudetto. They failed not only for the net deterioration in their position in the table, but also for the involution of their play.

“I don't believe the 'glaring' problem to be the Sensi family's limited economic ability. Roma's squad is inferior only to Inter's,” Zeman said.

When asked to explain why Italian teams suffered in Europe this year, Zeman replied: “They lack the mentality.

“Mourinho started out with a 4-3-3 but abandoned it. Evidently, for the singular characteristics, the team is more effective in other formations.

“The result is the only thing privileged,” Zeman complained. “Instead, when you face European clubs, the play counts, too.”

Zeman was then asked to describe how good this current Inter side is and whether it's actually any better than last year.

“I'll only say that Mourinho has revealed himself to be an exceptional communicator. But Inter have also been able to dominate on a football level.”

The former Foggia and Lecce Coach had special praise for Genoa and Udinese, who have entertained the public this year.

“Gian Piero Gasperini and Pasquale Marino deserve to be cemented in a big team,” Zeman concluded enthusiastically.

I never said his team were good at going forward. I said he's a more savvy attack minded coach. The style of play he prefers, the ideas he conveys to his players, formations... you know the stuff the coach usually takes care of. It's not like he can get on the pitch and score for them.

I was just comparing him to Ranieri though because if Spalletti came I doubt we'd see that ever predictable and easily counterable, Ranieri 4-4-2.
its not very straight 422. also we saw what happened to us with 433 in last game, and what when we changed back to "predictable" formation.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Platini encourages Juve as Ranieri is set to leave

By Alberto Cagliano May 5, 2009, 11:14 GMT

Rome - Claudio Ranieri's days as Juventus coach seem numbered, regardless of the team's final placing in Serie A.

The firing of the coach a year before his contract expires was taken for granted Tuesday in the Italian media, while the club could discuss the choice of a replacement at a board meeting set for May 13.

Names of possible new coaches have begun to circulate, with Luciano Spalletti ready to leave struggling giants Roma and Genoa's Giampiero Gasperini likely to consider rejoining the Turin club, where he was youth-team coach.

Also rumoured are former Juve midfielders Cesare Prandelli and Antonio Conte, now respectively with Fiorentina and Serie B side Bari.

'Juve-Ranieri, it's over,' titled La Gazzetta dello Sport, as Turin's daily La Stampa expected 'a change in June' and la Repubblica described 'a showdown within Juve.'

Four draws and one defeat with 11 goals conceded have dropped Juve to third place, just five points above Fiorentina, who could snatch the last berth securing direct access to the next Champions League.

But a worse, fifth-place scenario, as Genoa are a single point below Fiorentina, could confine Juve to the Europa League, a new, lower-grade continental tournament set to replace the UEFA Cup.

A 2-2 home draw with Serie A minnows Lecce at the weekend exasperated the tense mood of players and coach, who reportedly bickered in the changing rooms, while the fans booed Ranieri, the team and the club management.

Michel Platini, a star with Juve in the 1980s and currently the president of European body UEFA, disagreed with the fans' angry criticism.

'They are wrong,' he told la Repubblica. 'It's easy to destroy and end in the Serie B (in 2006 after a match-rigging trial), but it's difficult to rebuild in just two years.

'And Juve are doing it. The fans were used to the 1980s when we won everything. But do we remember the list of players who left after the (2006) scandal? (Gianluca) Zambrotta, (Zlatan) Ibrahimovic, (Lilian) Thuram, (Fabio) Cannavaro. Amazing, isn't it?

'(Club president Giovanni) Cobolli Gigli, (director general Jean-Claude) Blanc and Ranieri are rebuilding. Let's give them time.'

A tough hurdle, however, awaits the black-whites next weekend away to in-form AC Milan, who leapfrogged them and still have an outside chance of catching leaders Inter Milan, who are seven points ahead.

Striker Vincenzo Iaquinta tried to resort to Juve's seemingly lost grit and resilience as he told the club's web site that the game in Milan is very important.

'We must lower our heads and work well to prepare it,' he said. 'Knowing that we must begin to look behind us because (Fiorentina and Genoa) are drawing closer.'

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
haha i wasn't bashing you. I am saying "right now" as in this last part of the season you can't compare us to teams who are cruising to victories while we struggle to get a tie. Earlier in the season then yes perhaps to an extent but we just aren't strong enough yet to enjoy that status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)