Claudio Ranieri (8 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Well, in that case those who wish Ranieri to be fired are indirectly wishing Juve to lose every match and end up in mid-table, because we all know Ranieri won't be fired unless something like that happens.
should he leave after that, in the end of the season?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ranieri's Coppa confession

Claudio Ranieri admits the Coppa Italia lacks the allure of the FA Cup but is determined to beat Napoli on Wednesday evening.

Ranieri is preparing to lead his struggling Old Lady side out against Napoli in Wednesday night's Coppa Italia quarter-final.

But the Roman tactician agrees with Inter boss Jose Mourinho that the competition isn't as exciting as the English equivalent, which he led Chelsea to the Final of in 2002.

“Mourinho was right when he said that the Coppa Italia lacks the charm of the FA Cup,” Ranieri told Sky Sport Italia.

“But times are changing and we are improving. Still, the atmosphere is different in England when it comes to Cup games.

“We will fight for the Coppa Italia. We have always said that it is important to us and that we want to do well in all three competitions. We will have to see what happens in the end.

“Napoli are an excellent side and they are right behind us in the League table.

“They will come here with determination and it will be a very difficult game.”

channel 4

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Juventus.com

Ranieri: «We want the semi-fina

With the championship put aside for a while it is once again time for the Coppa Italia. On Wednesday night, Juventus will once again be playing a knock-out match. This time the opponents are Napoli and the bianconeri will be seeking to win a place in the semi-final against Lazio.

After having eliminated Catania on the 14th of January it is once again the Olimpico that is to be the stage of the match of Ranieri’s team. Another for the coach who had this to say: «For us the Coppa Italia is very important just like the other competitions. At the beginning of the season we said that it was our intention to advance on all fronts and then make the bills at the end. We know that we will be meeting Napoli ho will want to make it to the semi-final. We are counting on doing well and will try to win in all ways».

The competition is different but the uninterrupted series of matches proceeds. After the mid-week championship tie a week ago here comes another match, another test for the whole squad. Mr Ranieri will not be able to count on Chiellini and Zanetti but neither on Buffon and Marchisio (the goalkeeper is suffering from a fever, the midfielder to be rested) and not even Tiago who is also feverish. The options in midfield are diminished: «Poulsen who is recovering will play. Even Camoranesi is better. He does not have any problems with his calf and only needs to play to strengthen his legs. This goes also for those who are recvovering from Trezeguet to Zebina».

The match against Napoli comes after a not so positive week. The defeats against Udinese and Cagliari have slowed down the run to the championship title but will not prejudice the rest of the season. Ranieri concluded: «The match against Napoli is important irrespective of the moment we are going through. The two defeats were different from one another. In Udine we weren’t ourselves while against Cagliari we played an excellent match but lost. We were too careless when we were winning. We continued attacking in search of the 3-1 and were punished for our want to close the game».

So no Marshisio, but Poulsen will play as well as Camo, and Trez???

mondo1

May 14, 2006
Juventus.com

Ranieri: «We want the semi-fina

With the championship put aside for a while it is once again time for the Coppa Italia. On Wednesday night, Juventus will once again be playing a knock-out match. This time the opponents are Napoli and the bianconeri will be seeking to win a place in the semi-final against Lazio.

After having eliminated Catania on the 14th of January it is once again the Olimpico that is to be the stage of the match of Ranieri’s team. Another for the coach who had this to say: «For us the Coppa Italia is very important just like the other competitions. At the beginning of the season we said that it was our intention to advance on all fronts and then make the bills at the end. We know that we will be meeting Napoli ho will want to make it to the semi-final. We are counting on doing well and will try to win in all ways».

The competition is different but the uninterrupted series of matches proceeds. After the mid-week championship tie a week ago here comes another match, another test for the whole squad. Mr Ranieri will not be able to count on Chiellini and Zanetti but neither on Buffon and Marchisio (the goalkeeper is suffering from a fever, the midfielder to be rested) and not even Tiago who is also feverish. The options in midfield are diminished: «Poulsen who is recovering will play. Even Camoranesi is better. He does not have any problems with his calf and only needs to play to strengthen his legs. This goes also for those who are recvovering from Trezeguet to Zebina».

The match against Napoli comes after a not so positive week. The defeats against Udinese and Cagliari have slowed down the run to the championship title but will not prejudice the rest of the season. Ranieri concluded: «The match against Napoli is important irrespective of the moment we are going through. The two defeats were different from one another. In Udine we weren’t ourselves while against Cagliari we played an excellent match but lost. We were too careless when we were winning. We continued attacking in search of the 3-1 and were punished for our want to close the game».

So no Marshisio, but Poulsen will play as well as Camo, and Trez???
i think he meant that camo is recovering and only need to train.... would be stupid to risk him in coppa... trez might start he is at the bench for a nearly 2 weeks now.... and played a few minutes...

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
Душан;1884807 said:
Which won't happen.

Anyway,there isn't anyone good available.

What do u think about Ferrara or Conte taking over next season?Yeah I know they have little experience,but so did Pepe Guardiola before he got the Barca job.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
While we're still on the issue of CR consider this fact:

Last season we had Palladino,Nocerino and Criscito at Juventus...Today ALL THREE of them are gone(okay,Criscito is still technically ours!)

ATM we have Marchisio,Giovinco,DeCeglie and mebbe Ariaudo on the cusp of the 1st team,but how many of them will be here in the 2009/2010 season?

My point?CR is often touted as a great team-builder,but that does'nt look like great team-building to me

tibike

Dec 11, 2007
What do u think about Ferrara or Conte taking over next season?Yeah I know they have little experience,but so did Pepe Guardiola before he got the Barca job.
Conte is doing fairly well with Bari, he could be worth the risk. And we should hire Ciro as his assistant.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
While we're still on the issue of CR consider this fact:

Last season we had Palladino,Nocerino and Criscito at Juventus...Today ALL THREE of them are gone(okay,Criscito is still technically ours!)

ATM we have Marchisio,Giovinco,DeCeglie and mebbe Ariaudo on the cusp of the 1st team,but how many of them will be here in the 2009/2010 season?

My point?CR is often touted as a great team-builder,but that does'nt look like great team-building to me
Of last season's youngsters, how many were really good enough? None of them were really ready to play regularly for a top team and only Criscito, and maybe Nocerino one day, will be good enough to play for a big team at some point.

He may not be doing particularly well with youngsters, but I would hold it against him that last season's players weren't good enough.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
We have a good squad.

Funny how excuses shift around the ballpark from time to time.
We have good team but not winning team and that's a big difference.I mean,we have some good,great players but we are weak on too many positions.Like,

DL,Molinaro is just decent now while De Ceglie is not so good defensivly
DR -Grygera should be just a sub while he's in our first team
ML -Nedved lost it,Giovinco didn't get many chances...same as De Ceglie
MR - We lost a lot due to Camo's absence where Marchionni couldn't fill his boots

it can't be compared to Inter's team plus coach for example and not to mention Champions League.

I don't know if that would be smart thing to do.If we're going to change our coach eventually I prefer some with experience.

Even I could coach Barca with that team.If you look it that way Rijkaard would be great...but he pretty much sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)