Claudio Pizarro (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2004
Rummenigge kicked me in the balls once, true story, there was a football tournament sponsored by Addidas for little kids in the American University of Beirut. He was the guest of honor. I had no idea who he was back then, it was in 2000. I shook hands with him. Later on he was playing with the kids and he shot on goal, me being very smart, was standing right behind the net of the goal and it goes straight at my nads. My friend who was watching this live on TV saw Rummenige waving apologetically to me, I was too busy in pain. and to add insult to injury, he's an Interista!!

Seriously?

I would love that to happen to me.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Pizarro issues Bayern quit threat

Claudio Pizarro has laid down the gauntlet to Bayern Munich after issuing new demands in their latest round of contract negotiations.The Peruvian's current deal expires in the summer and he is chasing a new four-year deal, but has threatened to walk away on a free transfer if no agreement is reached in the next six weeks.

"I would really like to stay here, but I am not forced to," the 28-year-old striker told kicker magazine.

"I have other options and there is interest from big clubs."

And according to reports in the Italian media, one of those clubs is Juventus.

The Serie B club are building a squad ready for their return to the top flight and have already guaranteed themselves the services of Pizarro's Bayern team-mate Hasan Salihamidzic.

Furthermore, Pizarro's grandfather hails from Turin and he also possesses an Italian passport.

However, he would rather give Bayern the option to keep hold of him, but "only on a four-year deal".

He said: "This is my last contract so, of course, money plays a role."

Last year, Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge laughed of the Peruvian's wage demands, claiming: "if he wants to earn like Andrei Shevchenko, then he has to play like him".

But Pizarro now feels he has matched the form of Chelsea's Ukrainian hitman, and would like his true worth to be reflected in any new deal.

"When he [Rummenigge] said that, I was playing better than Shevchenko," he added.

"I have also done a lot for this club."

TeamTalk.com

----------------------------------------

I don't like his attitude at all...

Durden

May 11, 2006
he just has a couple of years and then his career will end so he better take as much money as he could

can't blame him
I'm not saying I wouldn't do the same, but money isn't everything in life. Hopefully one day you have to tell your children and grand children about your life. If I was in the same situation I like to think that I would put heart over money like some of our own heroes have done and like Gerrard did last year. Such actions will never be forgotten by the fans.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I agree to certain extent about our players, coz they still have their wages as last year!
As for Gerrard, he had a huge raise in his salary that made him stay (beside his love to Liverpool)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)