Claudio Marchisio (32 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Eh, 3.5M is not a small sum for a player who will not contribute on the pitch, and can be reallocated to wages for contract extensions or new signings.

Also, Max may not want to have a player in the locker room who he does intend on using at all.

Those are pretty good reasons to let a player go.

I don't blame the management if they want to release him, although I wish he would stay.

If it's true that he asked for the termination, I would prefer that. But I don't believe it.
its not small if you look at it that way. if you look at it that he was a youth product and didnt cost anything in transfer fee, then you realize that hes one of the lowest costing players on the team annually. for example, if you pay for a player 10M and give him 1M wages for 4 years, he would cost you the same as Marchisio over 4 years, 3.5M annually. but he was due to a wage reduction on his next contract anyway (which would come soon i guess if he stayed), so his cost would be even lower.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/juventus-turin/jugendarbeit/verein/506

these are the players we would potentially replace him with (if we replace him at all). note: click on "Market value" on the right to list them by relevance in the world of football. also, not all of them are homegrown, as you need to be owned by a club for 3 seasons between age 15 and 21 to count as homegrown in Serie A, and play (as in, spend time at the club, not be loaned out) for a club for 3 seasons between age 15-21 to count as homegrown in CL.

if you gave this list of players to Max, who do you think he would take over Marchisio? or do you think he would rather have 24 players than 25 players, if one of the 25 if Marchisio? if Marchisio is happy to stay and play 5-10 games a year, why would Allegris want him out? a veteran player whos been at the club his whole life, never complains about playing time, shows up for training every day and works hard. its a role model for everyone else, every coach would love to have such character in the dressing room. unless, Marchisio does want to play more? and Allegri cant promise him more playing time as hes a 3rd option for him at the moment? fits in the mutual termination story atleast

i want him to stay as well. even if i didnt like him (which isnt the case), just losing such a presence would hurt. and decreasing the squad as well. i didnt like when we let Giovinco go, and he was never my favorite really. all im saying is, i dont think we are pushing him out from observing this situation carefully, but its rather mutual. Marchisio is still a pro athlete, and he wants to play and contribute. so much that he would leave his only club to do so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Out of his 25 years here, he was useful for 3 seasons max :lol:
I love the guy but I don't get the mysticism that surrounds him just for being born and raised into Juve.
I understand opinions might differ on Claudio. But coaches have come and gone and all have used them, hence why he has so many appearances. If he leaves, it's a sad day, regardless of how you might think of him.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I understand opinions might differ on Claudio. But coaches have come and gone and all have used them, hence why he has so many appearances. If he leaves, it's a sad day, regardless of how you might think of him.
He's one of my favorites too, he has a solid all around game and an excellent understanding of the game. Had he been a little more physically gifted like Vidal, I wouldn't be surprised seeing him excell both as an AM or as a DM.

In reality though he's been bang average and got the job done, never really excelled except for 3-4 years. He's extremely lucky to have played here and get this many trophies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He's one of my favorites too, he has a solid all around game and an excellent understanding of the game. Had he been a little more physically gifted like Vidal, I wouldn't be surprised seeing him excell both as an AM or as a DM.

In reality though he's been bang average and got the job done, never really excelled except for 3-4 years. He's extremely lucky to have played here and get this many trophies.
But he was absolutely brilliant in those 3-4 years.

I'll miss him. A lot.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
its not small if you look at it that way. if you look at it that he was a youth product and didnt cost anything in transfer fee, then you realize that hes one of the lowest costing players on the team annually. for example, if you pay for a player 10M and give him 1M wages for 4 years, he would cost you the same as Marchisio over 4 years, 3.5M annually. but he was due to a wage reduction on his next contract anyway (which would come soon i guess if he stayed), so his cost would be even lower.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/juventus-turin/jugendarbeit/verein/506

these are the players we would potentially replace him with (if we replace him at all). note: click on "Market value" on the right to list them by relevance in the world of football. also, not all of them are homegrown, as you need to be owned by a club for 3 seasons between age 15 and 21 to count as homegrown in Serie A, and play (as in, spend time at the club, not be loaned out) for a club for 3 seasons between age 15-21 to count as homegrown in CL.

if you gave this list of players to Max, who do you think he would take over Marchisio? or do you think he would rather have 24 players than 25 players, if one of the 25 if Marchisio? if Marchisio is happy to stay and play 5-10 games a year, why would Allegris want him out? a veteran player whos been at the club his whole life, never complains about playing time, shows up for training every day and works hard. its a role model for everyone else, every coach would love to have such character in the dressing room. unless, Marchisio does want to play more? and Allegri cant promise him more playing time as hes a 3rd option for him at the moment? fits in the mutual termination story atleast

i want him to stay as well. even if i didnt like him (which isnt the case), just losing such a presence would hurt. and decreasing the squad as well. i didnt like when we let Giovinco go, and he was never my favorite really. all im saying is, i dont think we are pushing him out from observing this situation carefully, but its rather mutual. Marchisio is still a pro athlete, and he wants to play and contribute. so much that he would leave his only club to do so.
If he is just going to sit in the locker room and cheer on the team, then yes, I can see the money men in management saying that's it's a waste of funds that can be used elsewhere. Obviously I think there's value to him just being part of the team even if he's not playing.

You're asking me to do too much homework figuring out what homegrown players we can replace him with :D Maybe some random 3rd goalkeeper or something.

Why would Max want him out? Because of the possible tension there could be of having a player there that you know knows you have no intention of using him. It's awkward and uncomfortable. He might feel like he has to play him at some point even if he doesn't want to.

If Claudio wants to leave, why is he saying the opposite in public? The fans won't turn against him, knowing his situation. And he surely won't want the fans to blame the club.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
If he is just going to sit in the locker room and cheer on the team, then yes, I can see the money men in management saying that's it's a waste of funds that can be used elsewhere. Obviously I think there's value to him just being part of the team even if he's not playing.

You're asking me to do too much homework figuring out what homegrown players we can replace him with :D Maybe some random 3rd goalkeeper or something.

Why would Max want him out? Because of the possible tension there could be of having a player there that you know knows you have no intention of using him. It's awkward and uncomfortable. He might feel like he has to play him at some point even if he doesn't want to.

If Claudio wants to leave, why is he saying the opposite in public? The fans won't turn against him, knowing his situation. And he surely won't want the fans to blame the club.
im not saying he wants to leave. im saying he wants to stay but wants to play. but im also saying we cant guarantee him that, so he had to make a tough decision between staying and not playing, and leaving but playing. its not an easy call, even he can have doubts whether its the right one, after he decides

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Look, Claudio's best days are behind him. Also he's completely useless in a 2 man midfield. But it's not a WC or Euro year so he doesn't need to be playing regularly for the National team so if he likes his lifestyle in Turin and is happy to be a squad player then let him stay. His sale isn't going to help us financially when you look at what they type of players we look at command both in terms of transfer fee and wages and his presence keeps the natives happy.

Also there's the little bit of flexibility and maturity he provides, just in case we need it.

Also I'd be sad to see roby go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)