Claudio Marchisio (41 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
3M annual cost saving worth reducing the squad to 24? i dont think so
Why did we kick Ale out?

It's surely more believable than Marchisio lying about wanting to stay but secretly pushing for a termination.

Or perhaps it's Max who wants him out so he can be at ease every time he doesn't let Marchisio get some minutes

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why did we kick Ale out?

It's surely more believable than Marchisio lying about wanting to stay but secretly pushing for a termination.

Or perhaps it's Max who wants him out so he can be at ease every time he doesn't let Marchisio get some minutes
Del Piero was not a HG player for us, and the 17+4+4 rule was not in place in Serie A back then

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Why did we kick Ale out?

It's us as a club. We're not like Roma. We do this. If we find that players are no longer useful, we push them out. It's harsh. It's heartbreaking. Marchisio is one of my all time favourites. But it's what we do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
ugh Hustini. if he was OK with playing 5-10 half games a year, we wouldnt be terminating his contract. and dont get me wrong, id be more than happy if he stays. but if he wants to play, this is not the place for him
But are we terminating his contract?

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
You asked what the upside would be. That's the upside for the club. He's on a too high salary for a backup player. You can't possibly be that clueless..
He's not even backup, he's back up to the back up and adds nothing to the team. If he comes out like Ale and says he will play for free I think the club will have no problem keeping him for at least a year. But I doubt he wants to help the team for free and not play at all like some of his fans want him to.

So if the club let's him go for obvious reasons i wish him good luck elsewhere

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Exactly.

This @zizinho
no, not that. i have yet to hear a good reason for US to let him go. wages? its 3.5M a year, and we didnt pay ANY transfer fee for him. 3.5M a year annual cost is nothing on the books. literally nothing. besides, his contract extension was about to come up soon (last was 2015), so he would have likely gotten a pay cut even, if he stayed. who do we replace him with? no one. we dont have a close as good HG player around, except for Immobile. so whoever we fill out the roster with, will be some mediocre serie b scrub, or some U21 talent. do we get money? ofcourse not, we will let him walk for free...

there is no reason for us to push him out. if we terminate the contract, its for him to find a new club much easier. no gains at all from Juventus' side

- - - Updated - - -

But are we terminating his contract?
yes, mutually. free agents can find new clubs much easier, add to that the sign on fee he and his agent would get, as opposed to us getting a transfer fee if we sold him. there is your answer

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
no, not that. i have yet to hear a good reason for US to let him go. wages? its 3.5M a year, and we didnt pay ANY transfer fee for him. 3.5M a year annual cost is nothing on the books. literally nothing. besides, his contract extension was about to come up soon (last was 2015), so he would have likely gotten a pay cut even, if he stayed. who do we replace him with? no one. we dont have a close as good HG player around, except for Immobile. so whoever we fill out the roster with, will be some mediocre serie b scrub, or some U21 talent. do we get money? ofcourse not, we will let him walk for free...

there is no reason for us to push him out. if we terminate the contract, its for him to find a new club much easier. no gains at all from Juventus' side
Eh, 3.5M is not a small sum for a player who will not contribute on the pitch, and can be reallocated to wages for contract extensions or new signings.

Also, Max may not want to have a player in the locker room who he does intend on using at all.

Those are pretty good reasons to let a player go.

I don't blame the management if they want to release him, although I wish he would stay.

If it's true that he asked for the termination, I would prefer that. But I don't believe it.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Eh, 3.5M is not a small sum for a player who will not contribute on the pitch, and can be reallocated to wages for contract extensions or new signings.

Also, Max may not want to have a player in the locker room who he does intend on using at all.

Those are pretty good reasons to let a player go.

I don't blame the management if they want to release him, although I wish he would stay.

If it's true that he asked for the termination, I would prefer that. But I don't believe it.
Dude who the hell are you and have you killed Matt??! How the hell can you be so sane and reasonable when it comes to marchisio?

Good points, completely agree with ya. Hopefully some idiots can see this too.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
WΏΏdy?;5800396 said:
Dude who the hell are you and have you killed Matt??! How the hell can you be so sane and reasonable when it comes to marchisio?

Good points, completely agree with ya. Hopefully some idiots can see this too.
I've had two years of Allegri's abuse to come to terms with it :D

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
WΏΏdy?;5800401 said:
I'm glad :D It's a pity injuries finished him but with another club and with playing time I'm sure he can make some news again :tup:
Just saying, when I see Claudio running around for 90 minutes doing his thing, I won't let Max hear the end of it (because he reads his thread here on Tuz)

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
-rep to you, Napoli lover

And lol @ Caceres being a reserve at Lazio
That -rep message was not nice.
Martin played in the WC, where was Claudio?

Marchisio has played almost 400 games for us. I think he lived up to the hype.
Out of his 25 years here, he was useful for 3 seasons max :lol:
I love the guy but I don't get the mysticism that surrounds him just for being born and raised into Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)