Claudio Marchisio (67 Viewers)

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
that's the point. we lost buffon and licht, barzagli will start his last year, we'll only have chiellini from the old guard for next season (which will be his last year probably). it's almost a completely new, barely italian team, with only a few players with any ties to juve. since forever, we always had at least a couple of players with strong bonds to the club, so we need to be careful not to rely 100% on mercenaries.
Its one of the reasons I havn't been watching Juve the past two seasons as much. I just don't have as strong emotions to a lot of the players we have now as I did when I first started watching Juve. I fell in love with that 11/12 season team.

Maybe it's also because I haven't had as much time, so it's harder to like players you haven't invested as much time in watching, but our old gaurd had a charm I find will be hard to replace.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Its one of the reasons I havn't been watching Juve the past two seasons as much. I just don't have as strong emotions to a lot of the players we have now as I did when I first started watching Juve. I fell in love with that 11/12 season team.

Maybe it's also because I haven't had as much time, so it's harder to like players you haven't invested as much time in watching, but our old gaurd had a charm I find will be hard to replace.
When did you start watching Juve?

Because as magical as that 11/12 season was, I’m a lot happier about where we are as a team and as a club these days. Onwards and upwards, can’t always keep fan favourites, they all start to decline at some point.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Because as magical as that 11/12 season was, I’m a lot happier about where we are as a team and as a club these days. Onwards and upwards, can’t always keep fan favourites, they all start to decline at some point.
:agree: I really don't understand those comments

- - - Updated - - -

that's the point. we lost buffon and licht, barzagli will start his last year, we'll only have chiellini from the old guard for next season (which will be his last year probably). it's almost a completely new, barely italian team, with only a few players with any ties to juve. since forever, we always had at least a couple of players with strong bonds to the club, so we need to be careful not to rely 100% on mercenaries.
Mercenaries ? What are you even talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Perin, Caldara, Spinazzola, Bernardeschi, Rugani, De Sciglio , possibly Chiesa next year

'Barely Italian'

Nonsense

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012

I started watching Juve near the end of their 10/11 season, so that first scudetto was my first full season with Juve, and my first full season following club football, too. I guess that could be another reason why - everything was all shiny and new to me.

And I guess now is the first time in my life that I see all the prime big name players I came to know start to get old and even retire.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'd like him to stay but the fact is he has not recovered from his knee surgery and it does not seem like he is going to recover from it.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Don't mourn Marchisio, friends.

Be happy that he was always good, never a burden to us or an embarrassment to himself and that he moves on with a good relationship with club and his dignity intact.

He can still earn the big bucks, in a less competitive team where his physical problems won't be as much of an issue and he can still wow football fans worldwide with his world class technique and instinct. This is the best solution for everyone.

He deserves better than a 30 minute cameo once per month and we need a more reliable player.
This. I wouldn't want to see more of him sitting on the bench while watching Sturaro get the warm-up.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

won't you miss marchisio as probably the last player for a decade who earned his spot in the starting lineup of juve as a homegrown player? of course you will.

wouldn't you rather see some marchisio's in the squad instead of some emre can's who only sign for 4 years and allegedly force a release clause into their contract? of course you would.

as someone with italian roots, wouldn't you prefer a juve with more than 1 italian player (chiellini) in the strongest lineup? of course you would.

i guess we can't have it all, it's either an italian team or a strong team. i wouldn't swap our current position for our '11/12 status, i'm just hoping for a better balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Perin, Caldara, Spinazzola, Bernardeschi, Rugani, De Sciglio , possibly Chiesa next year

'Barely Italian'

Nonsense
spinazzola is not in the squad officially and since he tore his acl, i expect him to be loaned out either way. also, rugani is about to be sold.

how's your eye doing?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
3 if not 4 of those players might form the future spine of the team

We also have Mandragora who is developing along nicely and we could make an attempt at Chiesa next year

We'll have a solid young Italian core in the next couple of years. These things should happen organically. You don't stack up the squad with Italian players just for the sake of it. Quality > nationality. Once Italy have a good generation of talents coming up, naturally you'll have more Italians at Juventus than we do right now.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I don't necessarily agree with all you said here but tbf your main point is as valid as it gets, we should definitely keep hold of our squad 'ambassadors', can't afford losing so many in such a short timespan.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
3 if not 4 of those players might form the future spine of the team

We also have Mandragora who is developing along nicely and we could make an attempt at Chiesa next year

We'll have a solid young Italian core in the next couple of years. These things should happen organically. You don't stack up the squad with Italian players just for the sake of it. Quality > nationality. Once Italy have a good generation of talents coming up, naturally you'll have more Italians at Juventus than we do right now.
caldara certainly, bernardeschi is also likely. i have strong doubts about the rest.

i do have high hopes for mandragora. i think that he should be in our squad right now, and he's not inferior to bentancur. still, we're selling him - at least with an alleged recompra.

don't get me started on italians we missed, while we bought players like pereyra or hernanes. anyway, you get my point, i'd just like to see a slightly better balance between buying/keeping international brands like ronaldo or dybala and getting rid of rugani and marchisio. it's sad to see cheesio go, while real is very effective in building the careers of vazquez or asensio. i don't believe italy lacks the talent, i do believe they miss the system to select and educate those players.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
i guess we can't have it all, it's either an italian team or a strong team. i wouldn't swap our current position for our '11/12 status, i'm just hoping for a better balance.
I agree. Unfortunately CM8 and Rugani are on Max's shit list.

- - - Updated - - -

'Barely Italian'

Nonsense
Maybe only Caldara is in the starting 11 though? Always despised Inter in their heyday for fielding a starting 11 that consisted of not much Italia in it.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well, I wonder what the club's plan will be for this?
no special plan, we were short last year too. that's why we had to leave licht out of the cl squad. bentancur is still young, he goes on the b-list, pinso's on the hg list, and other than these 2, we'll have 17+4 slots to fill.

4 association grown: perin, chiellini, ds, berna
17 "free" slots:
- goalie: woj
- rb: cancelo
- cb: benatia, caldara, barza
- lb: sandy
- mid: pjanic, can, khedira, matuidi, new cm if both cheesio and stu leave
- attacker: cr, dybala, costa, mandzu, cuads

barza/cuads might fill in at rb, ds can replace sandy if needed.

that's 16 "free" players, and i didn't list higgy (about to be sold) + a much needed fullback (darmian...?)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
no special plan, we were short last year too. that's why we had to leave licht out of the cl squad. bentancur is still young, he goes on the b-list, pinso's on the hg list, and other than these 2, we'll have 17+4 slots to fill.

4 association grown: perin, chiellini, ds, berna
17 "free" slots:
- goalie: woj
- rb: cancelo
- cb: benatia, caldara, barza
- lb: sandy
- mid: pjanic, can, khedira, matuidi, new cm if both cheesio and stu leave
- attacker: cr, dybala, costa, mandzu, cuads

barza/cuads might fill in at rb, ds can replace sandy if needed.

that's 16 "free" players, and i didn't list higgy (about to be sold) + a much needed fullback (darmian...?)
How many HG do we need?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)