Claudio Marchisio (15 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Always maintained the club over the player motto. I never thought it would come down to Claudio vs the club but obviously as much as it pains me the club should always win the battle. If Claudio is no longer in the club/coaches vision then out he goes which is why I think we are looking to mutually terminate his contract so that gives Claudio the most ample opportunity to sign for a club of his choosing.

If he is a free agent then that gives him the chance to sign for a club that he prefers versus only ones willing to pay the club when he is under contract.

Him leaving only solidifies my belief that a big name for midfield is coming.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
The way we treat our club legends is disgusting

Forcing Ale out
Buffon leaving when he still thinks he has it in him
Marchisio...
Has he though?

I to a certain degree get Ale.

But moaning about Juve letting go a 40 year old Gigi? When we have his replacement already lined up? Or a Claudio that has quite clearly fallen out of favor, and most likely won't see much playing time here anymore, and might even have asked to leave himself?

I'm sorry, as much as it sucks seeing legends go, but i don't get what's "disgusting" about how the management handled said situations.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Has he though?

But moaning about Juve letting go a 40 year old Gigi? When we have his replacement already lined up? Or a Claudio that has quite clearly fallen out of favor, and most likely won't see much playing time here anymore, and might even have asked to leave himself?

I'm sorry, as much as it sucks seeing legends go, but i don't get what's "disgusting" about how the management handled said situations.
:agree:

People are so emotionally entangled with specific players, that they fail to see the bigger picture.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna be so mad when he's running around for 90 minutes a week with whatever team he's with next.
You'd rather have him rot on the Juve bench? Great Marchisio fanboy you are, eh..

ClaudiOHHH

Jul 8, 2011
Has he though?

I truly don't know - I'm not going to be one to count Gianluigi Buffon out

I'm not moaning - I'm just making an observation

We need to hold our club legends to a higher standard like every other team across all sports do

Re: Claudio - I think everyone can agree that when he plays, he plays very well. His probably termination is not due to play, it's due to Allegri

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
:agree:

People are so emotionally entangled with specific players, that they fail to see the bigger picture.
If we're always going to trust the management with these issues, will we always trust them for everything else? Transfers, logo changes, Spongebob apparel?

- - - Updated - - -

You'd rather have him rot on the Juve bench? Great Marchisio fanboy you are, eh..
I'd rather have him playing

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
If we're always going to trust the management with these issues, will we always trust them for everything else? Transfers, logo changes, Spongebob apparel?

I'd rather have him playing
I trust Allegri more on footballing matters than emotional fanboys. There's not a single good reason, we shouldn't let Marchisio leave for free if he wants to get regular playing tiem.

He isn't good enough anymore. It's obvious. And even if he was, he isn't a part of Allegri's plans and that's key. Allegri is far more important than Marchisio.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I trust Allegri more on footballing matters than emotional fanboys. There's not a single good reason, we shouldn't let Marchisio leave for free if he wants to get regular playing tiem.

He isn't good enough anymore. It's obvious. And even if he was, he isn't a part of Allegri's plans and that's key. Allegri is far more important than Marchisio.
Obviously we should let him leave if he wants to. But it's not obvious to me that he's not good enough anymore.

Allegri is more important... yeah, yeah.... but that's not the point. I think Allegri may be wrong to not count on him anymore. And obviously I don't really know what Marchisio's true state is, and yes I'm biased, but I would not be shocked to see him fit and playing well next season.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Obviously we should let him leave if he wants to. But it's not obvious to me that he's not good enough anymore.

Allegri is more important... yeah, yeah.... but that's not the point. I think Allegri may be wrong to not count on him anymore. And obviously I don't really know what Marchisio's true state is, and yes I'm biased, but I would not be shocked to see him fit and playing well next season.
That's fair and I can respect that point of view. But that guy crying about how we treat "our legends" :inter:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)