Claudio Marchisio (66 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
So Allegri has something personal against Marchisio to the point where he doesn’t start him to the detriment of the team, according to you.
Yes. I don't know if Allegri realises it's to the detriment of the team, but it is. He has a lot to offer.

When you eliminate all other options, the only one remaining is the answer. What other reason can there be to play him less than freakin Sturaro and not get a single minute against Real even when Pjanic is suspended?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Yeah but even Stu gets minutes, unless Marchisio is still extremely out of shape, I Don't see why he can't get some more game time.
Yeah but he has like 50 minutes more than Marchisio on the pitch, while Cladio suffered from plenty of injuries.

But yeah, honestly, I do think there's something going on there. I will be surprised if we keep Allegri for the next season and if Marchisio stays as well. IMO chances are high to see Claudio out of Juve in the summer.

Jul 20, 2012
Yeah but he has like 50 minutes more than Marchisio on the pitch, while Cladio suffered from plenty of injuries.

But yeah, honestly, I do think there's something going on there. I will be surprised if we keep Allegri for the next season and if Marchisio stays as well. IMO chances are high to see Claudio out of Juve in the summer.
Yea that's also true. I honestly see Marchisio gone this summer. I do not see allegri leaving. I guess we will see.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yup. And as Allegri has already been confirmed as coach next season it makes you wonder what Claudio's future here is going to be.
Oh, he is out. Why would he even consider staying? No way his fitness is an issue anymore. When he plays, he is sharp.
He's gone.

Max is doing an excellent job here but pushing Marchisio out is unforgivable to me
It's hard for me to digest too but maybe after he leaves the reasons will come out. Marchisio by nature lives a very quiet life he isn't one to talk much about anything personal he is feeling.

Very sad.

- - - Updated - - -

So Allegri has something personal against Marchisio to the point where he doesn’t start him to the detriment of the team, according to you.
I don't think its personal, like Matt said, Max probably doesn't have him in the future plans anymore. But, howedes is MIA for 5 months, plays an entire match...Marchisio? Been fit for a while now so who really knows whats going on...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Exactly.

I think it has more todo with fitness and tactics because theres no reason for hmi to get ignored this way even when he is seems ready

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Exactly.

I think it has more todo with fitness and tactics because theres no reason for hmi to get ignored this way even when he is seems ready
This. Sturaro gets put on the field because he offers physicality, something completely different to Marchisio's attributes. Claudio would be coming on after either Pjanic or Khedira. And I've said this before, but think about it. Marchisio was always the third best midfielder for Juve. It's not like we're talking about Iniesta here. He's been a loyal servant and world class on his day. But that day has ended.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that allegri simply sees march as a regista, and pjanics is the main regista player. Marchisio will never start over him.
And now theres betancurd, who allegri also like to deploy as regista.

And i cant even see how fit is marchisio because he never plays. To me, allegri and the board are passively making him know he needs to leave.

I cant stand this because he has been a special player for us in the sense that has given a lot and played good. But at the same time, if there are 2 or 3 players in front of him, then its gg.

He is not a physical back to back, he also isnt a AM. He doesnt have the height of khedira.

He is pigeonholed and allegri well doesnt care.

Again, i can see why he is getting benched.. But this is a sad end to the only player who has successfully played since the younger ranks till the senior side and giving it all.

Its too sad and i cant understand why we need to treat him like this. Where are our values?

May 23, 2013
Marchisio is a faaar superior regista to Pjanic and in his prime he was on of the best midfielders in the world and surpassed the likes of Vidal, Pogba, and Pirlo.

The treatment of Marchisio is not only a shame but also detrimental to the team as a I feel he could have made a difference both times we came up against Madrid these past two seasons.

Sadly he will be leaving this season but I’ll buy his name on the back of the home kit next season. Hope he goes to Spain as I feel he can have another career boom over there. Maybe lead Atleti to a league or CL title......

He’s too young for the MLS

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
He has never played to the levels of Pogba, Pirlo or Vidal for more than a few games. I thought that our values were that only winning matters? Let's be honest, Marchisio has had it pretty decent here. Been pampered since childhood, never had to take responsibility, having his salary paid while put for 2 years with career destroying injuries. And now people want Allegri to spend time fielding a player with no future here or resale value?
We got a super super impressive young player instead who can be our next star on the midfield, who has bossed against Barca and Real and can take our passing game to the next level, yet people worry more about Marchisio getting more time..

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He's gone.

Max is doing an excellent job here but pushing Marchisio out is unforgivable to me
i love marchisio (he's my fav player of the current bunch), and probably max does, too. i mean marchisio was a dead starter for juve before his injury. but i have no idea about his physical condition, and even if i had, i wasn't qualified enough to assess whether he's match fit, and i never followed him on training either. so i fully trust allegri when it comes to player selection. when marchisio is - rarely - selected, his passing looks all right, his speed is lacking, and he never challenges opposition players for balls the way he used to. for me, he looks like a softer version of himself. it's either match fitness, or he's just trying to save himself some knocks, bruises and potential injuries, which is understandable from his point of view.

i suppose there's nothing to see here, he's probably done as a professional footballer at this level. we'll see whether he moves in the summer. in case he's still useful, even for some 800-1000 minutes per seasons, the club has no reason to sell him, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)