Claudio Marchisio (151 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He has lost a step and it probably won't return. Recovering athleticism after 30 years old and an ACL tear seems very improbable.

He was never that athletic in the first place so it's quite sad. He's still very capable like this but I don't know if we'll ever see world class DM Marchisio like in 2014/15

Buy on AliExpress.com

panicfc

Jan 27, 2015
He has lost a step and it probably won't return. Recovering athleticism after 30 years old and an ACL tear seems very improbable.

He was never that athletic in the first place so it's quite sad. He's still very capable like this but I don't know if we'll ever see world class DM Marchisio like in 2014/15

I didn't see the game, but I think modern athletes can recover dynamically - but it will probably take an off-season, or only playing once a week. Don't expect him to be 100% until the Champions League final. That's the target - the rest of these are just warm ups.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
just checked, he won 0 out of 10 duels. pretty soft game, even considering his lack of playtime. i'm not worried, though. allegri takes his time rebuilding him, and rightly so.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Maybe it's me, but he looks a bit on the heavy side. He has spent a lot of time in the gym rebuilding his leg muscles and I feel as if it's a lot of bulk that goes into protecting his knee but is hampering his performance.

Marchisio has always had a very light frame and I think he needs to get that back by playing more games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 150)