Claudio Marchisio (15 Viewers)

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Not at all. It's pointless to sell him. He's fitted into this squad and doesn't complain when sits on the bench.

They won't offer more than 20 - 25m anyway. To buy his replacement we'd need to spend 15 - 20m. It's pointless to sell for 5m profit. He's useful and fits CL homegrown rule. For rotation role he's perfect. Not that long ago he was a starter.
The rumor is 25mln pounds, and there are players like Porto's Fernando who'll be free in 6 months. Highly unlikely scenarios I know.

He won't be sold unless he demands a starting spot and wants to leave.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We need him as a bench option. Pirlo needs to be replaced with someone WC, and more attack minded, not deep lying.
Is Marchisio WC, and is he the ideal replacement for Pirlo? I'm not so sure about either to be honest. We have a bench player who could get us 25 million pounds which could be put towards a winger or LB to immediately improve our starting 11. Unless Vucinic and Quags are sold for the same combined amount, then I just don't know where the cash is going to come from.

Now it seems Pirlo is going to get a 2 year extension as well...so realistically the club needs to find a true understudy or ideal player who can also perform in Pirlo's position.

I just don't see how Marotta could say no to an offer for Marchisio especially at 25 million pounds. Keep in mind, if Marchisio was not a Juventino, no one here on these forums would be stating he is WC or as great as many here think he is. He is a good player, nothing more or nothing less and he isn't crucial to us being successful moving forward.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
one thing i am glad is that marchisio is no longer a starter.

finally juventus can actually play with 11 players instead of 10

in b4 Zach and tactical flow

Mar 30, 2006
I love Marchsio but if we had signed Nainggolan I would agree with selling Marchisio for 25 million pounds, as that is a lot of money and we could have got Nainggolan for 15 million Euro. But it would be hard to find an equally good player to replace Marchisio. However, given that we have Pogba, Pirlo, Vidal and Kwadwo who can all play CM without us missing out if Marchisio is not there it makes sense to get a huge fee like 25 million pounds to put towards players we would not be able to get otherwise.. like Mata, Di Maria or Jovetic.

This deal is essentially asking if we would trade Marchisio for Mata or another superstar in that price range? It would give us a huge weapon we dont currently have while not really overly impacting out midfield given our wealth of talent there. Also we could sign a very good CM like Bradley for out bench for a moderate fee (7 or 8 million) if needed since he is now probably surplus at Roma.

Mar 30, 2006
why make 10 million prefit from marchisio sale and buying nangolan when we can just sell vucinic for 10 million.
Well I feel we could get by even if we did not get a replacement for Marchisio. Given we have Kwadwo who can come in and play CM in addition to Pogba, Pirlo and Vidal. So selling Marchisio would not overly hurt our midfield.

Even if we sold Vucinic we probably could not afford Mata/Di Maria/Jovetic. It would have to be a bigger sale sadly.

but it would most certainly increase our team's potential:

Tevez-----Llorente-------Mata

Pogba/Asa----Pirlo/Asa-----Vidal

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Not that I like the idea of selling Vucinic (I'd sell Gio) but I agree.

Add to that the sale of Isla for 6-7m and you have a lot more money from it. Selling unnecessary players should be our priority. Either way we need to sell before we can buy.

Mar 30, 2006
Not that I like the idea of selling Vucinic (I'd sell Gio) but I agree.

Add to that the sale of Isla for 6-7m and you have a lot more money from it. Selling unnecessary players should be our priority. Either way we need to sell before we can buy.
Buying better players, regardless, should be our priority. If an opportunity comes along to swap 1 pound of silver for 1 pound of gold you always take the gold. If the bid of 25 million pounds for Marchisio is true then we could sign a superior player in Mata.

If we get offers for other players like Isla or Vucinic that allow us to improve the team we should take those offers as well.

Mar 30, 2006
If we sold Marchisio, you knowwe would buy another over priced back up cm whichwould make no sense.
Maybe but we have several players who can play CM already. Pogba has been a big bonus cuz i dont think we signed him thinking he could just step into the starting 11 in the manner he did. It gives us the freedom to go for a different type of player if we did infact sell Marchisio. Also the fact we have a top midfielder like Kwadwo who can not play at his full potential out on the wing also gives us a great option. Even Isla can play CM, like he did in his last season at Udinese. As much as we all love Marchisio we know it would not hurt us much at all if he was sold. On the other hand signing a top player in the elite class like Mata or Di Maria would be a huge improvement to our team.

The club needs to look at things like this completely objectively. I know it seems really ruthless and is hurtful to players and fans but things like this is what we would need to do if we are to compete and win.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We won't sell Marchisio before we promote a home grown player. We already went with one player short in the CL this time around. One of the reason we still have De Ceglie on our roster.

Mar 30, 2006
We won't sell Marchisio before we promote a home grown player. We already went with one player short in the CL this time around. One of the reason we still have De Ceglie on our roster.
We could just let Isla and one our strikers go and bring back Criscito, especially if we start giving more games to Asamoah as CM.

Or just bring back one of our strikers from Sass like Zaza or Berrardi for depth.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
We could just let Isla and one our strikers go and bring back Criscito, especially if we start giving more games to Asamoah as CM.

Or just bring back one of our strikers from Sass like Zaza or Berrardi for depth.
It's not really about making up numbers. We preferred to go with one player less on our roster than put a primavera player in there. It's about having players we can actually use. Zaza or Berardi would hardly get any playing time with the forward lineup we have currently. They are at least another season away from featuring for us imo. Criscito would cost us money while we'll lose money on Isla. Also, fuck Criscito :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)