Claudio Marchisio (26 Viewers)

May 22, 2007
Experience? Hmm... loaned to Serie B, played with Juve while being 7th and didn't see Champions League yet. Oh, he did play against Shamrock. Not to mention how he was average at best all those years, till this season when he's actually preforming better.
You are actually aware that he was playing for Juventus during two separate Champions League campaigns? Started against the likes of Chelsea, Real Madrid and Bayern.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Last few games Marchisio has been decent to good, but he sure can do more. I'd say let Giaccherini have more playing time so that it increases competitiveness in midfield; Marchisio will then surely have more fights and hunger in him.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Ok, so you had to search for another interview to 'prove' me wrong.

And yes, what he said there is rather nice and I would take Del Piero to the Euros too. But what the fuck does that have to do with anything we're discussing here? Nothing.

There is nothing simple in this line "I feel like a leader". When you hear it from other players while it's being directed to someone, then it's totally different. But sorry, it's just retarded to say such EVEN if what he said might be true, at some point. You'll never hear it from classy players, they don't praise themselves even if they are on a much higher level than Claudio. You can even say that I'm a hater, I'll laugh, as there are many weird people. It's just how I see it and I have a reason. Unlike Ahmed who tried to say he's great with a totally different statement.
Being a leader is about many things and can come in several forms, Marchisio is saying that he feels as he is Juventino through and through, has been in the first team for 6 years now and has grown as a player that he can transmit and show to other players coming in to the club, both younger and older than him, what Juventus means.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Feeling like a leader and being one is a total different matter anyway. Let's let the man feel whatever he wants.

Be proud of being called a hater, Dule. It's what some of these ignorant peasants want.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Whenever someone employs the term "hater" it really just invalidates their opinion to me.

Either way, it's such a negative word... Anti-Marchisio? No. I'm pro-Juventus. Think about it!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What did he say that is full of himself? That he feels like a leader in this squad through experience? Why wouldnt he be? He has been with us for 6 years, your average player in the squad outside him and the senior trio mentionned plus DC, have been with us for 1.5-2 seasons at most.

We have had massive reshaping and re-filling of our team in last 3 years, so someone who he has been there for 6 years as a player feeling like he has experience to share is not so farfetched or full of himself. More importantly, nor is it saying he can share with new players (that initially only see Juve as another top club to play for) what means to wear a shirt of a club he has been involved since he was 7-8 years old. Well duh. Its nothing to belittle, this is a player who while being interviewed in Juve channel, was shown a goal he scored when he was 11-12 years old, that the memory of it and how far he has come since in his HOME club made him cry.

Its not kinda affection to take for granted or belittle (and the main reason I like our current team alot, because we have someone like Conte instilling it to everyone). And yes someone like him has experience to share or things to say to new players (both Vidal and Elia has said how helpful he has been to welcoming them to the club etc). Can be needed, considering how we been performing in previous 3 seasons, its not something to take for granted and neither something which everyone gotten. Reminds me of what Gigi said about some the attitude some our players in these seasons, specifically remember this that was there 3-4 years ago, Ranieri made this quote public: "Buffon was really angry inside the dressing room against Palermo. He started shouting and screaming and he said: 'This shirt is heavy, if you can't manage to carry it on your shoulders then don't even walk out onto the pitch,' "

In a nutshell Dule, I really dont get what you find so sad about those simple comments.
:tup:

All clubs should have a core of at least three or four player who have been at the club a decent amount of time and who are able to explain to incomers the signficance of the club to new players.

All the better if it is someone like Marchisio who is a Juve fan and has come up through the system, as he is going to have a deeper bond of understanding with the fans than someone like Buffon will.

Get it all the time that new players speak about not having understood stuff about the club when they signed, but after a chat from the Aberdeen supporting members of the squad and the first really big game they play in, they start to appreciate what they really signed up for.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ok, so you had to search for another interview to 'prove' me wrong.

And yes, what he said there is rather nice and I would take Del Piero to the Euros too. But what the fuck does that have to do with anything we're discussing here? Nothing.
nope, saw this new quote on Twitter, so shared it.

like I said in my previous post, some people will always find something negative in everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)