Claudio Marchisio (38 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
that's my point, seeing the quality/potential is totally understandable but there were games when marchisio did not play as well as his supporters believed he did. in that sense I am just saying there were few who I suppose in that regard may be somewhat biased and I suppose that's normal in football if it's your favourite player, but few could be too insistent and hate on those who simply disagree and think marchisio had a bad game.

personally I found it hard to rate anyone in Juve the past two seasons; it was a collective crumble hence the use of mediocrity. he was definitely the better ones in B and after.
I know the horse is dead and all, but I think I need to respond anyway since this issue goes beyond just Marchisio. You claim that there are fans who are too biased to be totally objective about that player's performances. Absolutely true in both directions and goes for all of our players.

The critics of Marchisio were in majority, or at least most vocal. Do not turn them into victims who were hated by the Marchisio-loving mob. That's just laughable. I can only speak for myself and a few others, which will put me into the "I told you so"-category, but let me tell you the difference between blindly siding with a player and recognizing his qualities.

When I see someone failing with passes that would have been perfect, had only a team mate bothered to make the run, the passing player can still rise in my esteem.

When I see someone making intelligent runs consistently which open up space for others or are completely ignored by team mates when they shouldn't be, those runs will still affect how I will rate the player.

When a defensive player makes a brilliant tackle to recover the ball, his tackle is not necessarily what stopped the attack. The defensive team mates nearby can be just as credited for forcing the attacking player to make the decision which leads to the attack coming to a halt.

And lastly, when someone attempts dribbles and fails, loses the ball, hoofs it to the forwards, doesn't block a cross or for whatever reason doesn't seem to be doing well, there may be a reason for him doing what he does that makes it justified and therefore simply cannot be used against him.

This is the reason that an invisible Claudio Marchisio, a clumsy Simone Pepe or a ball-hogging Del Piero can receive high ratings from me or anyone else in a match where the majority believes the opposite. It's not a case of fanboyism. (I am merely superior to you at understanding football).

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I know the horse is dead and all, but I think I need to respond anyway since this issue goes beyond just Marchisio. You claim that there are fans who are too biased to be totally objective about that player's performances. Absolutely true in both directions and goes for all of our players.

The critics of Marchisio were in majority, or at least most vocal. Do not turn them into victims who were hated by the Marchisio-loving mob. That's just laughable. I can only speak for myself and a few others, which will put me into the "I told you so"-category, but let me tell you the difference between blindly siding with a player and recognizing his qualities.

When I see someone failing with passes that would have been perfect, had only a team mate bothered to make the run, the passing player can still rise in my esteem.

When I see someone making intelligent runs consistently which open up space for others or are completely ignored by team mates when they shouldn't be, those runs will still affect how I will rate the player.

When a defensive player makes a brilliant tackle to recover the ball, his tackle is not necessarily what stopped the attack. The defensive team mates nearby can be just as credited for forcing the attacking player to make the decision which leads to the attack coming to a halt.

And lastly, when someone attempts dribbles and fails, loses the ball, hoofs it to the forwards, doesn't block a cross or for whatever reason doesn't seem to be doing well, there may be a reason for him doing what he does that makes it justified and therefore simply cannot be used against him.

This is the reason that an invisible Claudio Marchisio, a clumsy Simone Pepe or a ball-hogging Del Piero can receive high ratings from me or anyone else in a match where the majority believes the opposite. It's not a case of fanboyism. (I am merely superior to you at understanding football).
:lol:

Aug 1, 2003

don't be such an arsehole. of course I know Marchi has had his overzealous critics, and neither am I defending them, I just find it irritating some fanboys are gloating as if it was wrong for anyone to have ever criticized marchisio AT ALL. so if YOU think he didn't deserve ANY amount of reasonable criticism from some of us for the past two seasons that's your opinion, not your superiority in understanding football coz I sure as hell know I'm not alone in thinking he deserved some of them. don't be such a cocky asshole trying to parade your 'superiority' in my face, in the end we are all Juve fans who want the best for the team.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
don't be such an arsehole. of course I know Marchi has had his overzealous critics, and neither am I defending them, I just find it irritating some fanboys are gloating as if it was wrong for anyone to have ever criticized marchisio AT ALL. so if YOU think he didn't deserve ANY amount of reasonable criticism from some of us for the past two seasons that's your opinion, not your superiority in understanding football coz I sure as hell know I'm not alone in thinking he deserved some of them. don't be such a cocky asshole trying to parade your 'superiority' in my face, in the end we are all Juve fans who want the best for the team.
It was more than just criticism, it was mockery (which was sometimes funny, sometimes not). And it wasn't really a big deal, at least to me it wasn't. But I don't see why people would be more upset over the exaggerated praise and gloating than the insults Marchisio was getting.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
It was more than just criticism, it was mockery (which was sometimes funny, sometimes not). And it wasn't really a big deal, at least to me it wasn't. But I don't see why people would be more upset over the exaggerated praise and gloating than the insults Marchisio was getting.
Well said.

Plus, I don't know why people have to categorize it and capsulize this whole Marchisio thing into 2 groups.
It's either you're a fanboy or a hater?

What about those who saw something in him, believed in him, but didn't go over the top with severe criticism and name-calling nor did they over praise him for the good work he's doing now.

This thread has been a place for personal wins and arguments and it's getting silly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)