Claudio Marchisio (172 Viewers)

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Some of the players on the list are laughable, I mean you can't compare their level to Serie A. Also Aquillani :lol: And Chelsea players have no business being in top 5 of anything this year based on form.

But ok, in my opinion he is top 5. In any case if he is the best in Serie A which he is, he is certainly close.

And Giovinco better than Marchisio. Get a grip. There are tons of players that could play instead of Giovinco and excell and few that could play instead of Marchisio. Faster, stronger Giovinco would be a different tune but his limitations are just too big.

Buy on AliExpress.com

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Marchisio hasn't exactly been mr. consistent himself. He comes out so fired up in big matches before being completely anonymous a week later against the likes of Siena, Bologna, Catania, Chievo.
:howler:

I thought we already settled the Bologna match, but here to refresh your memory:

And against Catania & Chievo, he had good chances that almost led up to goals.
I'll give you Siena but everyone was doing almost nothing except Pirlo.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Some of the players on the list are laughable, I mean you can't compare their level to Serie A. Also Aquillani :lol: And Chelsea players have no business being in top 5 of anything this year based on form.

But ok, in my opinion he is top 5. In any case if he is the best in Serie A which he is, he is certainly close.

And Giovinco better than Marchisio. Get a grip. There are tons of players that could play instead of Giovinco and excell and few that could play instead of Marchisio. Faster, stronger Giovinco would be a different tune but his limitations are just too big.
:blah: :blah: :blah:

Some of the best players plying their trade in europe come from much inferior leagues, so that whole argument is rubbish. If a player is good enough they'll step up to the plate & bring results. I don't need to give you examples of certain players because it should be bloody obvious. You were the one that pulled out stats, i merely gave you players that are playing relatively well & scoring along with providind assists.

Nobody said Giovinco is better than Marchisio, that's you turning words around. You're so focused on stats that you forget a player could be in great form & contribute in so many ways despite not scoring goals.

To put this matter to bed, YOU said Marchisio is one of the top 5 midfielders in europe this season. After you were mocked, you decided to change your stance & wording. Positions aside, there is no bloody way in hell that statement is true.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Off the top of my head:

Xavi
Lampard
Ramirez
Rasmus Elm
Hernanes
Christian Eriksen
Kevin De Bruyne
:lol: Byrone, that is one terrible list. Xavi is incomparable, he is a pirlo type player. Hernanes also plays a different position, more of an old fashioned trequartista. Same goes for Eriksen. He is an offensive midfielder and very very raw talent, not even close to Marchiso's quality. Elm and De Bruyne :lol:, they got a very long way to go yet. Marchisio is miles ahead of them. Only comparable players in that list are Ramirez and Lampard.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
:lol: Byrone, that is one terrible list. Xavi is incomparable, he is a pirlo type player. Hernanes also plays a different position, more of an old fashioned trequartista. Same goes for Eriksen. He is an offensive midfielder and very very raw talent, not even close to Marchiso's quality. Elm and De Bruyne :lol:, they got a very long way to go yet. Marchisio is miles ahead of them. Only comparable players in that list are Ramirez and Lampard.
Once again, Dominic, it's not about who's the better player. It's about players that are in form, with a decent amount of goals & assists this season so far.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

I don't think Parma agrees with you on that. Whats with this lets diss Giovinco attitude for no reason? Giovinco has scored 7 goals in 10 games. If you're going to praise Marchisio then there is no way in hell you could just discredit Giovinco's performances.

But yes, I do agree that Marchisio is one of the best performing central midfielders right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 168)