Claudio Marchisio (202 Viewers)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I'll be the first to admit that Vidal hasn't played up to hit full potential, but the main difference between him and Marchisio is that Vidal has physical presence on the pitch even when he's not playing his best. As opposed to Marchisio in the past few seasons when he sort of slipped completely out of the picture when things where not going his way, and completely dominated in other games. No matter how many balls Vidal loses, he makes them up by sprinting 30m and taking the ball back or forcing an error, he is just relentless in that aspect of his game. To me, Vidal and his physical presence is one of the three main factors contributing to our excellent start, the other two being Vucinic and his movement and Pirlo with his fantastic vision.

I'd like to bring up the Viola game here, he technically he had a shitty game - threw away many balls and didn't make any really tough passes, but damnit if I didn't see him almost collapsing in the 70th minute by the left sideline, tackling the ball out and then hauling in 50meters to defend after the goal kick. Marchisio just doesn't have that, and that's fine - but that makes it so much easier to pick on Marchisio when he has an off day.

/rant

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'll be the first to admit that Vidal hasn't played up to hit full potential, but the main difference between him and Marchisio is that Vidal has physical presence on the pitch even when he's not playing his best. As opposed to Marchisio in the past few seasons when he sort of slipped completely out of the picture when things where not going his way, and completely dominated in other games. No matter how many balls Vidal loses, he makes them up by sprinting 30m and taking the ball back or forcing an error, he is just relentless in that aspect of his game. To me, Vidal and his physical presence is one of the three main factors contributing to our excellent start, the other two being Vucinic and his movement and Pirlo with his fantastic vision.

I'd like to bring up the Viola game here, he technically he had a shitty game - threw away many balls and didn't make any really tough passes, but damnit if I didn't see him almost collapsing in the 70th minute by the left sideline, tackling the ball out and then hauling in 50meters to defend after the goal kick. Marchisio just doesn't have that, and that's fine - but that makes it so much easier to pick on Marchisio when he has an off day.

/rant
Marchisio doesn't run his socks off either?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Marchisio doesn't run his socks off either?
Out of all that you chose to misinterpret that one thing. Of course he runs his socks off, but he has nowhere near the same kind of physical presence. And no, he doesn't run as much as Vidal - but thats fine, it's not his job to do that. I really tried to make a sensible post, I thought it to be impossible to misinterpret. Guess I was wrong :shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Out of all that you chose to misinterpret that one thing. Of course he runs his socks off, but he has nowhere near the same kind of physical presence. And no, he doesn't run as much as Vidal - but thats fine, it's not his job to do that. I really tried to make a sensible post, I thought it to be impossible to misinterpret. Guess I was wrong :shifty:
everything else made sense and was crystal clear except what I bolded. Sounded to me like he was being written off as someone who doesn't run as much as others. I get he doesn't run as much as Vidal, you made just a strong point in saying how much V does it was strange that that part was added to the end of your post. :shifty:

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
But he doesn't have that, which is why it's easier to pick on him when he has an off game - because he slips out of the picture. Does alot of running without much of a product to show for it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But he doesn't have that, which is why it's easier to pick on him when he has an off game - because he slips out of the picture. Does alot of running without much of a product to show for it.
I like V's work ethic, what I don't like is putting the team under unnecessary pressure because he can't pass Passing 101. That's something Marchisio rarely ever does and has ever done yet that goes unnoticed because he "doesn't run as much".

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I like V's work ethic, what I don't like is putting the team under unnecessary pressure because he can't pass Passing 101. That's something Marchisio rarely ever does and has ever done yet that goes unnoticed because he "doesn't run as much".
Marchisio makes plenty of passing mistakes too, but I didn't want to turn this into a Vidal vs Marchisio argument. Seriously, you gotta stop that shit. I was just pointing out why Marchisio gets more critique than Vidal, I'm sorry if I offended your latent feelings towards him.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Marchisio makes plenty of passing mistakes too, but I didn't want to turn this into a Vidal vs Marchisio argument. Seriously, you gotta stop that shit. I was just pointing out why Marchisio gets more critique than Vidal, I'm sorry if I offended your latent feelings towards him.
Easy tiger.

Vidal has been here for a couple months, that's why he doesn't get bashed as often or as much as Marchisio does/has. If V keeps fucking up his passing, sooner or later it's going to cost us. Same goes for M if he drops form I would expect him benched.

Hard work only gets you so far.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Ok. Seriously, I'm not going down this road. You can't even mark out a positive characteristic of one player without a bunch of angry peasants with pitchforks knocking on your door around here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 198)