Claudio Marchisio (80 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Looks like he's about to spike it.
is 'spike it' a yankee term for a part of football, as a sport...???? or do you mean he is going to pull out a large spike, likely metal, and stab the ball with the spike...??? i prefer the latter, if claudio performed such lunacy i would become his biggest fan...when people played us they would never know if they were next to 'get spiked'...

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
is 'spike it' a yankee term for a part of football, as a sport...???? or do you mean he is going to pull out a large spike, likely metal, and stab the ball with the spike...??? i prefer the latter, if claudio performed such lunacy i would become his biggest fan...when people played us they would never know if they were next to 'get spiked'...
It's a volleyball term.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
And you bitch about my off-topic posts and "spastique du downs" or whatever... Wow.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yea because that's totally what I meant.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
typical...i try fondly, earnestly to bridge the divide between us, and all that i receive in response is...far from ideal. Cheers for clearing that up, ALC...I honestly had zero idea what was meant by 'to spike', and like to learn words from other languages. One of the joyful things of been in Melbourne, so many different cultures repesented...a luscious lady in marketing teaches me mandarin, a minx in IT is giving me delightful lebanese compliments to pay her, my turkish is covered by the receptionist, egyptian by the cleaner...and the odd singalese insult by my partner in slime in the courier HQ....

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
typical...i try fondly, earnestly to bridge the divide between us, and all that i receive in response is...far from ideal. Cheers for clearing that up, ALC...I honestly had zero idea what was meant by 'to spike', and like to learn words from other languages. One of the joyful things of been in Melbourne, so many different cultures repesented...a luscious lady in marketing teaches me mandarin, a minx in IT is giving me delightful lebanese compliments to pay her, my turkish is covered by the receptionist, egyptian by the cleaner...and the odd singalese insult by my partner in slime in the courier HQ....
Are you talking to me?
Actually the correct terminology would be "bump" or "dig" it, FYI. A spike would be an overhead motion towards the court floor.
True.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Why does the Egyptian have to be the cleaner? :sigh: :moan:
hohohohohohoohohohoohhoo!...mate, its just the way the cards have fallen...although your post did make me chuckle...Minel has taught me the basic pleasantries, and she has also educated me about a country she knows far better than me, especially regarding the recent uprising...For her stance on Egypt, as a woman who has lived there for 30 of her 43 years, is staggeringly different, to the western media's output on her country. No surprises there eh.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)