Claudio Marchisio (119 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
You know what we should do? Sell Mr. Invisible, and see if we can reacquire Poulsen. He's another guy who often put in some invisible performances, but hey, there are people here who - based upon the way they defended CP and attack CM - seemed to prefer paying Poulsen what, 3x what we pay one of our home grown talents, despite the fact that CP was obviously less useful than Marchisio.

Lets start selling useful players who actually earn their 1M salary, so we can give Marotta money to not only fill our glaring weaknesses, but find replacements for useful squad players. He's done such a stunning job to date, I'm sure nothing could go wrong.

Selling players who we know have been underperforming in a poisonous environment is a brilliant strategy. I loved the way we didn't give Diego a second chance, took a 10M hit, and then spent nearly the same amount on Jorge Martinez. Great business, that.

As if we didn't already have enough problems, how about we invent some more. Let's sell Melo - who has been one of our very best players over the course of the season - for a loss. Than we could add 10M to his sale price, and buy Mascherano - voila, we've upgraded one of our strengths!

While we're at it, Gigi and Giorgio are currently not at their best - Lets peddle 'em away. Who care's if we're already brutal at the back - Just think of the money we'll make!

:sergio:

Patience is a virtue. Change for the sake of change, and buying for the sake of buying is dangerous. This rebuild needs to be deliberate, and sequential, otherwise it's going to fucking continue indefinitely. Fix the real problems first, and then evaluate offers.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
i dont think it's unfair to price him at 15 mil, if anything it's a compliment, and valuation is done based on past performance and projected one. And it'd be foolish not to take 15 mil for him if he is to either to play out of position or ride the bench next year.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I just don't like the idea of destabilizing the team further, Deneb, and it's a major risk if we start by selling off our current first choice players.

Even if people here don't appreciate the guy obviously a lot of people on the team, and within the organization recognize that he has value which extends to some of his intangibles like leadership. I also think that if we're talking about a young Italian International - who's been there for a little bit - 15M isn't a great sum. We've all seen how they're overvalued in Italy. Plus, what if with a new coach he starts playing really well, and next year he's worth 20?

For me, it's just over the top. It should run new coach, loan resolutions, then and RB, LB, LM. Sell the deadwood, figure out a soaker replacement, etc. Than reassess the situation, and see if there's a reasonable offer. Otherwise, there are just too many unknowns, and we could end up worse off than we started with.

It's not like I consider Marchisio untouchable - absolutely not. But I certainly want to see our transactions properly prioritized.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I just don't like the idea of destabilizing the team further, Deneb, and it's a major risk if we start by selling off our current first choice players.

Even if people here don't appreciate the guy obviously a lot of people on the team, and within the organization recognize that he has value which extends to some of his intangibles like leadership. I also think that if we're talking about a young Italian International - who's been there for a little bit - 15M isn't a great sum. We've all seen how they're overvalued in Italy. Plus, what if with a new coach he starts playing really well, and next year he's worth 20?

For me, it's just over the top. It should run new coach, loan resolutions, then and RB, LB, LM. Sell the deadwood, figure out a soaker replacement, etc. Than reassess the situation, and see if there's a reasonable offer. Otherwise, there are just too many unknowns, and we could end up worse off than we started with.

It's not like I consider Marchisio untouchable - absolutely not. But I certainly want to see our transactions properly prioritized.
agreed on all counts sir, i think much of the backlash against claudio is because he represents this new much maligned 'italian' juve.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You're asking me about something I didn't say, so I don't know where you've been getting that conclusion from.
Maybe I mis-interpreted the posts between you and Curr...you want to sell marchisio, correct? and you mentioned that he is more highly overrated than the rest which made me think that was a reason why too that you wished to sell him...

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Maybe I mis-interpreted the posts between you and Curr...you want to sell marchisio, correct? and you both mentioned the overrating of players here including marchisio so i couldn't tell what you meant by that comment.
Yes I was saying that he is overrated here and that if the right offer arrived he should be sold. I didn't say that's why he should be sold though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yes I was saying that he is overrated here and that if the right offer arrived he should be sold. I didn't say that's why he should be sold though.
And that's what I wasn't sure about, so I asked...geez...PMS kyle, there is medication for it.

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Your avatar has been really constipated for a long time, can u get a better pic of Pastore? Just cause you post SO many times I would prefer it :)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
agreed on all counts sir, i think much of the backlash against claudio is because he represents this new much maligned 'italian' juve.
Yeah, I think you're absolutely on point there, and I understand why everyone's so frustrated with ItalJuve. It's been really painful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 118)