Claudio Marchisio (161 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
Marchisio needs to be a starter. Especially with Bonucci gone we need another good quick passer in midfield. Pjanic will be dropping too deep and Marchisio is better defensively than Sami. He can sit back and protect the defence. I worry we will be unbalanced playing 2 wingers and Dybala behind Higgy

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The team is so much more fluid. He keeps it moving with the simple passes. Pjanic pulls the strings and has a longer passing range but Marchisio makes it all click.

Still think adding Matuidi to a 3 man midfield is going to work wonders.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
him and matuidi should be the ones sharing the spils behind pjanic, covering his ass.

Marchisio being the elegant regista and matuidi being the physical bodyguard-

May 23, 2013
him and matuidi should be the ones sharing the spils behind pjanic, covering his ass.

Marchisio being the elegant regista and matuidi being the physical bodyguard-
But how do you give fair play time to Mandzukic, Higuain, Dybala, Costa, and Bernardeschi in a front 3? We arent Real I dont think we can have players like that on the bench without them wanting to leave.

Though I do agree that midfield three sounds best.

- - - Updated - - -

Also one thing I have to criticize him on is defensively he has been very poor ever since returning from injuries. Sucks when you remember how much of a beast he was before at it.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
But how do you give fair play time to Mandzukic, Higuain, Dybala, Costa, and Bernardeschi in a front 3? We arent Real I dont think we can have players like that on the bench without them wanting to leave.

Though I do agree that midfield three sounds best.

- - - Updated - - -

Also one thing I have to criticize him on is defensively he has been very poor ever since returning from injuries. Sucks when you remember how much of a beast he was before at it.
maybe i was not clear...i was talking about a line of 2, not the 3 of them at the same time. I know i mentioned regista but maybe that was confusing. I wanted to say that Marchisio can play as a link between the defense and Pjanic....like he did in the past as regista, but in a midfield of 2. That would let pjanic project himself more in the offensive department which is his forte... but both players are very calm in passing and this wil give us security. Marchisio can also defend, unlike Khedira.

In the other example..Pjanic would be in the same waty trying to attack more...while matuidi needs to get things simple and just tackle everyone who gets close and pass it to the nesrest offensive player.

I mean both men can take turns to partner Pjanic.

May 23, 2013
maybe i was not clear...i was talking about a line of 2, not the 3 of them at the same time. I know i mentioned regista but maybe that was confusing. I wanted to say that Marchisio can play as a link between the defense and Pjanic....like he did in the past as regista, but in a midfield of 2. That would let pjanic project himself more in the offensive department which is his forte... but both players are very calm in passing and this wil give us security. Marchisio can also defend, unlike Khedira.

In the other example..Pjanic would be in the same waty trying to attack more...while matuidi needs to get things simple and just tackle everyone who gets close and pass it to the nesrest offensive player.

I mean both men can take turns to partner Pjanic.
:tup:
Yeah those two man partnerships would definitely work out very well and allow all our offensive talent which is now our strong point play.

Also at times we can start with a 3 man midfield or sub one of our attackers on and switch to a 451/433.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
or we can even rest pjanic and put marchisio there...covered by matuidi and we would not lose much in terms of security in the midfield...as marchisio tends to be a great passer and can assist from time to time.

i would feel very secure with a duo of cheesio-matuidi.. if matuidi turns to be the hardtackler we have been missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)