Claudio Marchisio (194 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It would be cool to see him part of the attack again, although he is just so good as the rock. Maybe more sweet back heel passes!
I would honestly prefer Pjanic to play in front of the defense over Marchisio. Claudio's been good in that position. He keeps it simple and he works hard to cover BBC. His style contrasted pleasantly to Pirlo's risky play and poor work rate. I think that's why Marchisio has been slightly over rated lately, not as a midfielder but as a regista. It was refreshing to see him provide security and stability that was lacking with Pirlo. But while we gained defensive solidarity and stability, we lost that ability to dictate and open up play from the back. Pirlo would have me gobsmacked at the way he could single-handedly speed up or slow down a game and then create a goal scoring opportunity out of nothing, all with freakish vision and passing from deep in our half.

Pjanic can bring back Pirlo's magic to the regista role without compromising defensive work rate. From recent interviews, I think Allegri might agree with this.

marchisio absence makes me more nervous than pogba's

the way some are getting on about pogba wanting him to stay for one more year.
I agree. Pjanic was pretty much Pogba's replacement and a good one at that. The reality is that our midfield will be a little bit less exciting without Pogba, but not necessarily less effective. Pogba was always expected to provide a spark but you would never expect him to bring stability and calm like Marchisio and Khediria have done. Marchisio's experience is important.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I agree. Pjanic was pretty much Pogba's replacement and a good one at that. The reality is that our midfield will be a little bit less exciting without Pogba, but not necessarily less effective. Pogba was always expected to provide a spark but you would never expect him to bring stability and calm like Marchisio and Khediria have done. Marchisio's experience is important.
Spot on.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:tup:

hope we get 45 minutes of Pjaca tomorrow, would be interesting seeing him in the trequartista role
I would like to see what Allegri has in mind. He also said Higuain would play, and i'm really looking forward to seeing Pjanic, Dybala, Higuain, Sandro and Alves on at the same time

I want to get an idea

- - - Updated - - -

As expected,it was obvious a BS him being out till December.he had his surgery in April ffs,and already running.
October it is :tup:

Forza Claudio!!
Normal return was november, but like i said a month ago, his recovery seemed to go pretty damn fast as he was allready running

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
That's Marchisio's position if you ask me, except for the trequartista part..He won't be used as a box to box midfielder and he shouldn't be used as such

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He said :
"He can play in front of the defence, but also in the middle or at trequartista. I'm pleased the club made such an effort to get him."

http://www.football-italia.net/85881/allegri-‘pjanic-improves-juventus’
Date : June 15

“[Miralem] Pjanic is a player who can play in front of the defence, or as a mezzala, although I do believe that his most appropriate role is the former. He should always be in the midst of the game.

Date : 6 august

Mike C

Jul 28, 2016
Claudio's been good in that position. He keeps it simple and he works hard to cover BBC. His style contrasted pleasantly to Pirlo's risky play and poor work rate. I think that's why Marchisio has been slightly over rated lately, not as a midfielder but as a regista. It was refreshing to see him provide security and stability that was lacking with Pirlo. But while we gained defensive solidarity and stability, we lost that ability to dictate and open up play from the back. Pirlo would have me gobsmacked at the way he could single-handedly speed up or slow down a game and then create a goal scoring opportunity out of nothing, all with freakish vision and passing from deep in our half.

Pjanic can bring back Pirlo's magic to the regista role without compromising defensive work rate. From recent interviews.
As long as Pjanic can continue to provide a moderate level of defensive ability, I'd be interested in seeing him there. I was always a fan of the maestro's passing, but he had a hard time keeping up on the counter obviously. Maybe we've gotten the best of both worlds now, and Claudio can go back to b2b :tup:

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Maybe the two of them could work as CDMs, covering for our full backs' pushing up and making sure we dont get caught on counters while allowing the Rest of our MF to have fewer defensive responsabilities.

So many of our players can be used in more than one position, its excellent.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:tup:
So looks like were moving Marchisio back to a B2B role? It could work if he plays the more defensive role, similar to when him and Pirlo played together in 14/15.
Both players are worldclass or close and relatively versatile with a complete skillset, technical and mental.

Passing, technique, controll, dribbeling(relatively speaking), vision, positionning, movement in space with and without ball, tactical reading of the game, tactical positionning without the ball, shooting(cheesio:direct, pjanic:freekicks)

So complete.

We'll see what max decides, but they'll perfectly find a way. In fact i can see both exchange. Pjanic a bit deeper when we build up, but showing up as the most advanced cm when we are up front to deliver key passes in the box.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the two of them could work as CDMs, covering for our full backs' pushing up and making sure we dont get caught on counters while allowing the Rest of our MF to have fewer defensive responsabilities.

So many of our players can be used in more than one position, its excellent.
pjanic and marchisio's huge versatility and completeness, coupled with Khedira's remarcable intelligence. So nice.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Marchisio is a decent to good box-to-box CM (with one spectatcular season, Conte's first) and a world class DM.

Actually, he used to be. He depended a lot on his athleticism, agility and very improved stamina and toughness.

Lets hope his athleticism isn't compromised like it happened with Asamoah.

- - - Updated - - -

Both players are worldclass or close and relatively versatile with a complete skillset, technical and mental.

Passing, technique, controll, dribbeling(relatively speaking), vision, positionning, movement in space with and without ball, tactical reading of the game, tactical positionning without the ball, shooting(cheesio:direct, pjanic:freekicks)

So complete.

We'll see what max decides, but they'll perfectly find a way. In fact i can see both exchange. Pjanic a bit deeper when we build up, but showing up as the most advanced cm when we are up front to deliver key passes in the box.

- - - Updated - - -

pjanic and marchisio's huge versatility and completeness, coupled with Khedira's remarcable intelligence. So nice.

Given pjanic's ability to improvise and put people in front of the goal, he should be nearer the goal - at least as a CM. It seems like waste to put the guy behind as a regista. Pirlo was OK because he lost a lot of mobility.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Marchisio is a decent to good box-to-box CM (with one spectatcular season, Conte's first) and a world class DM.

Actually, he used to be. He depended a lot on his athleticism, agility and very improved stamina and toughness.

- - - Updated - - -

Given pjanic's ability to improvise and put people in front of the goal, he should be nearer the goal - at least as a CM. It seems like waste to put the guy behind as a regista. Pirlo was OK because he lost a lot of mobility.
Both are versatile and highly skilled in vision and tactical reading of the game. They''ll position themselves based on where the play is, like the true great tactical midfield players.
When building up or sitting deeper, Pjanic will sit deeper cause he'll need to distribute it from behind.
If we are in the offence, he'll move forward and Marchisio move more to DM.

Pjanic, like Allegri said, should be in the middle of the team, always in places where he can quickly get the ball and be involved in the play.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Both are versatile and highly skilled in vision and tactical reading of the game. They''ll position themselves based on where the play is, like the true great tactical midfield players.
When building up or sitting deeper, Pjanic will sit deeper cause he'll need to distribute it from behind.
If we are in the offence, he'll move forward and Marchisio move more to DM.

Pjanic, like Allegri said, should be in the middle of the team, always in places where he can quickly get the ball and be involved in the play.
This being the best part of both players' tactical versatility.

May 23, 2013

So complete.

- - - Updated - - -

This would be the best way to utilize both their abilities to dictate the flow of the game while building up play. Then once we move further up the pitch utilize Pjanic's play making ability while Marchisio stays further back in anticipation of the counter.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer 14/15 B2B Marchisio compared to 2011-12. Sure he wasnt making his trademark runs into the box as often however he was more involved overall in building, was stronger physically, and got to show off more of his defensive ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 192)