Claudio Marchisio (34 Viewers)

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Why the shitfuck should we give a #10 shirt to a central/defensive midfielder ?
Cause he's a talented fancypants, and we dont have a proper player to hand it to ?

Hell no, eighter retract the shirt, or give it to Dybala.

Marchisio is #8 and will be remembered as #8.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Nothing worth fapping. When you look at players that previously wore #10, Platini, Baģgio, DP and most recently Tevez this number carries certain weight. Fantazistas, real difference makers in the final 3rd were given it, not utility players.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Nothing worth fapping. When you look at players that previously wore #10, Platini, Baģgio, DP and most recently Tevez this number carries certain weight. Fantazistas, real difference makers in the final 3rd were given it, not utility players.
Marchisio has hardly been a utility player. He's not a classic no. 10 I agree, but not even Del Piero and Tevez were classic no. 10's. I care mostly about the player being worthy of carrying the jersey and Marchisio is more than worthy.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Marchisio has hardly been a utility player. He's not a classic no. 10 I agree, but not even Del Piero and Tevez were classic no. 10's. I care mostly about the player being worthy of carrying the jersey and Marchisio is more than worthy.
Utility might be a stretch, but either way he doesnt deserve #10, as this number is traditionally for us and other Italian clubs closely related to position on the field rather than someone's merits. DP and Tevez, the former especially deserved this number due to position they occupied on the field and the offensive output they provided this team with week in week out. Attaccking mid/TQ or creative SS (DP, Baggio, Tevez) traditionally were given it and I dont see any sense in changing it to accomodate someone only because he has been here long enough, eventhough he has been loyal and had moments of excellence during his spell. In the same way only striker will be handed #9 and we certainly wont consider defender, or mid for this number, no matter their status.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
Since marchisio isnt a dumbshit, he will only accept numbers that suit his position

He is well on his way to make the 8 the marchisio number. Good.
And all those strange numbers that Vidal and Lichtsteiner took on because we had such a big squad...those are their numbers. A team with a history so great that every number up to 30 has a club legend attached to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)