Claudio Marchisio (39 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Form is temporary, and class is permanent, so to answer your question, NO! Putting in amazing performances for half a season doesn't equate to being world class. That is precisely the same reason why Vucinic isn't world class; the ability to consistently perform at those high levels.
half a season??? hes been world class for atleast 1.5 season and hes also been great before 2011. hes only been out of form last season (since the bayern games) and start of this season.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 8, 2013
Just saying: today he was MOTM for every newspaper, and Conte yesterday at SKY hailed him saying "Claudio's shown he's wonderful in that position: he's got the tactical sense, can press, can do long balls with both feet, that very few players in the world can do, and a great technique. I'm very satisfied by him".

Since the beginning of 2014 he's having great performances, he just sucked in Coppa match against Roma where the whole team didn't perform. To have him as a replacement it's amazing. When i see someone complaining about him I think they don't watch matches, cause this in not understandable.

shouldline31

May 9, 2012
He was piss-poor in the second half. Pogba was far more involved at hustling, trying to win the ball back and actually taking it out from defence at his feet. That is where Marchisio fails miserably. He is not a dribbler, he prefers to look for the pass when in that area. When we are on top, he can look okay in the regista role, but when we are pegged back he was yet again a ghost. My problem with him remains the same; he fails to impose himself in the middle of the park. I think that is the main reason why he has lost his place, for of the four classy midfielders, Marchisio has good technique, but less grit than the others.

Even Pirlo, who admittedly can be a liability, gets involved defensively. he reads the game very well, follows the flow, and makes useful interceptions when placing himself in front of the defence. Marchisio is not cut out for that role. He has no presence.

Alonso??? That is an insult to the spaniard...who is far more robust physically, always imposes himself on a game and can create closer to Pirlo levels. The comparison with Marchisio is Marianne Coulthard and Britney spears. One has the popular vote, the other simply has more class.
Great explanation by Lo-Pan I agree with the things that you wrote, Hopefully Marchisio can overcome that weakness and become greater at regista role

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Today his performance was average and thats to be expected after playing 3 matches in 1 week. But overall while playing as a regista he has been amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

So you dont think he was wc in the 2011-12 and beggining of the 2012-13

- - - Updated - - -

Iv looked through this thread and to be honest he has way more haters than fan boys.
Amauri and Krasic were world class for 6 months, too.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Just saying: today he was MOTM for every newspaper, and Conte yesterday at SKY hailed him saying "Claudio's shown he's wonderful in that position: he's got the tactical sense, can press, can do long balls with both feet, that very few players in the world can do, and a great technique. I'm very satisfied by him".

Since the beginning of 2014 he's having great performances, he just sucked in Coppa match against Roma where the whole team didn't perform. To have him as a replacement it's amazing. When i see someone complaining about him I think they don't watch matches, cause this in not understandable.
To be fair ,it was hardly an inspiring performance from the team as a whole so who is named Man of the Match in these type of games actually doesnt say much.Wouldnt really say he a standout from the rest either.Agree with the rest of your post though.

I thought he was our best midfielder yesterday but thats about it.

And he's a quality player but not WC by any means.Though i still would prefer him over Pirlo at this point.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Of course he wasn't; but he's Italian player and has put in decent performance, so it's only natural that they praise their boy, NT member. :wink:

Agreed on the rest. I think he can be good on that position, but nowhere near the level some seem to be imagining.

- - - Updated - - -

Form is temporary, and class is permanent, so to answer your question, NO! Putting in amazing performances for half a season doesn't equate to being world class. That is precisely the same reason why Vucinic isn't world class; the ability to consistently perform at those high levels.
:agree:

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
He was piss-poor in the second half. Pogba was far more involved at hustling, trying to win the ball back and actually taking it out from defence at his feet. That is where Marchisio fails miserably. He is not a dribbler, he prefers to look for the pass when in that area. When we are on top, he can look okay in the regista role, but when we are pegged back he was yet again a ghost. My problem with him remains the same; he fails to impose himself in the middle of the park. I think that is the main reason why he has lost his place, for of the four classy midfielders, Marchisio has good technique, but less grit than the others.
Well Pogba had to do something to make himself useful. Vidal on the other hand was the real ghost. You can't expect Chisio to do everything do you?
Also the whole team was sitting back and looked reserved so most probably it was Conte's instructions.

Even Pirlo, who admittedly can be a liability, gets involved defensively. he reads the game very well, follows the flow, and makes useful interceptions when placing himself in front of the defence. Marchisio is not cut out for that role. He has no presence.
Realy?!!! Pirlo get's involved defensively? You mean like jogging back and following the opponent without any actual intention of intercepting?

makes useful interceptions when placing himself in front of the defence.? :lol2: When we're pinned back he just stands there in front of the defence, hardly stretching a leg. You call that involvment? we can plant a tree there and it could be involved that much.

At the end of the day, Conte loves him in that role, as is obvious from his post match statements and you're gonna see a lot more of him there so better get used to it.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Well Pogba had to do something to make himself useful. Vidal on the other hand was the real ghost. You can't expect Chisio to do everything do you?
Also the whole team was sitting back and looked reserved so most probably it was Conte's instructions.

Realy?!!! Pirlo get's involved defensively? You mean like jogging back and following the opponent without any actual intention of intercepting?

makes useful interceptions when placing himself in front of the defence.? :lol2: When we're pinned back he just stands there in front of the defence, hardly stretching a leg. You call that involvment? we can plant a tree there and it could be involved that much.

At the end of the day, Conte loves him in that role, as is obvious from his post match statements and you're gonna see a lot more of him there so better get used to it.
:tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You never sounded so robotic than in this post. Fucking hell.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly why Pogba and Vidal will be sold and long gone while Marchisio is still (and will be) a mainstay in our midifield.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Mental shutdown. Too tired. Error computing algorithm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)