Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Almiron/Nocerino
Tiago/Zanetti

Marchisio on loan come back next season and possibly replaces Zanetti so we don't need an old Claude Makelele.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i really dont know what is happening with our midfield. We need Tiago and Almiron to start, but we need a DM as well, that being Zanetti. We only have Nocerino as back up now that we have loaned Marchisio out.

Plus we have nedved, camo, marchionni and brazzo as wingers...and ranieri somehow wants to play a 4-4-3 with palladino in that team...

how does this all work??

We dont need a DM, we need some back up for Tiago and Almiron unless one is being benched which i really hope doesnt happen.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
i really dont know what is happening with our midfield. We need Tiago and Almiron to start, but we need a DM as well, that being Zanetti. We only have Nocerino as back up now that we have loaned Marchisio out.

Plus we have nedved, camo, marchionni and brazzo as wingers...and ranieri somehow wants to play a 4-4-3 with palladino in that team...

how does this all work??

We dont need a DM, we need some back up for Tiago and Almiron unless one is being benched which i really hope doesnt happen.
C-RA is a tinkerman.During the season we r going to face injuries and suspensions.So everybody will play either our formation is 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i understand he is a tinkerman and that we'll get injuries, suspensions and he'll switch to different formations, but its still hard to see how it will all unfold come day 1 of the season.

in midfield, we have 6 players who should very well be starting.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I can't wait to see the opinions of the people who agreed with loaning out Marchisio regarding Makelele. Is it really an intelligent move to bring Makelele in while knowing he probably only has one more good season left? If some of these rumors are true this board is going insane.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
French midfielder Claude Makelele is becoming one of the most wanted players of the transfer market; the Chelsea player is actually tracked by PSG, Juventus and Barcelona.

transfermarketweb.com

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #33
    Juventus set to move for Chelsea's Makelele

Juventus are closing in on the Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele who has been told by his club that he can leave this summer as long as they find a replacement for him before the transfer window closes.

Makelele, 34, has just one year left on his current deal with Chelsea and, after playing a crucial role in their two Premiership titles, lost his place to John Obi Mikel at the end of last season. While Jose Mourinho believes that it will be either Mikel or Michael Essien who will be favourites for the holding midfield role this season, he would not allow Makelele to leave unless he could sign a replacement before the end of August.

The Juventus manager, Claudio Ranieri, signed Makelele from Real Madrid four years ago when he was in charge at Stamford Bridge and has targeted the France international again this summer. Chelsea have fears over the short-term fitness of Michael Ballack, who has had minor secondary surgery on his ankle, which has meant that Mourinho is short of central midfielders for the new season and is reluctant to sell without a replacement.

Makelele has asked Chelsea for a two-year extension to his deal which expires in July 2008 and earlier this year they made him an offer of a one-year extension which the he is understood to have turned down. Bought from Real Madrid for £16.6m, it has not helped Makelele's cause that he has continued to play for France in the current Euro 2008 qualification campaign.

Independent

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Makelele would be a great capture, even though it is not a long term shot but he's a great midfielder that will a lot to the team. A much better option than Zanetti.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)