Claude Makelele (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Makelele is awesome but isn't a little late to be getting him? The guy's what 34? I'm pleased with Tiago, Almiron and Zanetti.

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #4

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    if he were 3 years younger then yeah, but a 34 year old?? he has only 1 real season left in him and we have nocerino for that role

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    I said a month ago we should get Makelele but i thought he was on a free? Either way hes experienced but we could use him in the big games. doubt we'll get him though.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Play f*ckin' Nocerino instead ffs!!! No need to buy another mid unless it's a palymaker/Neddy future replacement.

Jul 15, 2006
    Le Guen admits Makelele interest
    By Patrick Haond - Created on 28 Jul 2007

Paris Saint Germain coach Paul Le Guen has confirmed he is interested in signing Chelsea's Claude Makelele.

Makelele's future at Chelsea has been the subject of speculation all summer as he has yet to agree a new deal.

The France international has admitted he is unsure of his future at Chelsea with the experienced midfielder not guaranteed a place in Jose Mourinho's star-studded line-up.

A number of clubs across Europe are monitoring Makelele's position and are ready to offer him a route out of Stamford Bridge.

PSG have been strongly linked with the former Real Madrid ace as they look to bring in some high-profile signings.

Le Guen has admitted he is huge admirer of Makelele's but concedes any move depends on possible departures from the Parc Des Princes.

"I am not following the Claude Makelele evolution for a few days. I am following his career for 15 or 20 years," Le Guen told L'Equipe.

"It is difficult to say if he will join us this summer. I repeat it will depend on possible departures.

"If Marcelo Gallardo stays with us, I will rely on him. He will be a player like the others, under competition."

Le Guen also admitted he was a fan of Lyon's unsettled forward Sylvain Wiltord, but has ruled out a move for the former Arsenal man.

"We have not necessarily terminated our reinforcements. Considering possible departures, we can still hire players," added Le Guen.

"Of course, I appreciate Sylvain Wiltord's profile. But today we have players in the positions he could play. So let's say it is not topical."

http://home.skysports.com/transferarticle.aspx?hlid=479151

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)