Class of 98 (1 Viewer)

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #22
    I didnt not put Bergkamp there cos he is in the same era with Roberto Baggio, Deschamps, Batigol,Zola, Roberto Mancini, Vialli, Shearer and people like that who should have peaked in 1994 world cup and be having an Indian summer in 97/98. This is simply because even though there were very good at this time, their careers had blossomed before then and it did not start to blossom by 97/98. Most of the guys that i have mentioned started to blossom into budding superstars in this period. How can anyone say Deschamps and Dp are the same generation? Deschamps won cl with Marseilles in 1993 and as a manager guided a team to Cl final whilst most of the players i mentioned are still playing.

The guys I omitted are Thuram, Morientes

Can you please tell me the playuers of the Balkans that i omitted as I cannot think of any that blossomed from this generation.
    Everyone i can think of are of a generation earlier

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    I also see that you left out fantastic keepers such as Van Der Sar, Canizares, Barthez and Pagliuca.

Speaking of the 98 World Cup, IIRC you also omitted the tournament's top scorer.

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    Canizares and definitely Vds but not Pagiluca as his career blossomed way before then and he is not of that generation , ditto for Barthez
    As for Davor Suker, definitely he is not of that generation as he was with Boban, Prosinescki etc
    This is not a thread of those who performed well in 1998 or even after but of those whose generation started from there or just 1 or 2 years before. Suker was with Maradona at Sevilla in 1991 and was already a star then. Do you remember what Dp, Zz, vieri, Inzaghi and co were doing in 1991?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    denco said:
    The guys I omitted are Thuram, Morientes

Can you please tell me the playuers of the Balkans that i omitted as I cannot think of any that blossomed from this generation.
    Everyone i can think of are of a generation earlier
    Davor Suker maybe?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    And this 2006 world cup, really marks the end of an era.......

Ronaldo, ZZ, DP, Figo, Rui, Raul, maybe Beckam,Nedved,Inzaghi,Thuram......

Is sad to see the departure of all this players, but we cant deny that is very intriguing what the future stars of tomorrow will do!!.

I hope that we will find it soon enough.

And please no more wayne rooneys :(

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005
    Hydde said:
    And this 2006 world cup, really marks the end of an era.......

Ronaldo, ZZ, DP, Figo, Rui, Raul, maybe Beckam,Nedved,Inzaghi,Thuram......

Is sad to see the departure of all this players, but we cant deny that is very intriguing what the future stars of tomorrow will do!!.

I hope that we will find it soon enough.

And please no more wayne rooneys :(
    England need to have anger management classes for Rooney & Euro 2008 & maybe they will win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)