[CL] Sevilla 1-0 JUVENTUS (8th Dec 2015) (1 Viewer)

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
I'm really not surprised. We just need to accept it that we were not good enough against the teams we should have beat.
Agreed. We seem to perform best when being the underdogs, perhaps it's due to the fact that the best part of our team still is the defense led by Buffon.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I won't look into this too much two horrible sitters and dybala millimetres from a wonder goal Pogba could of had a goal too but for excellent goal keeping if we had any luck we would of hammered them and we would all be laughing at this.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I won't look into this too much two horrible sitters and dybala millimetres from a wonder goal Pogba could of had a goal too but for excellent goal keeping if we had any luck we would of hammered them and we would all be laughing at this.
I agree, we have this trait ever since conte, there are games in which we just not allowed to win despite every kind of opportunity that created

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Im actually more pissed of at the fact that City undeservedly got top spot those jammy mercenary fuckers. If BMG or Sevilla finished above us it would not of hurt so much.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
No, but we need a good bench, and they were all injured, making him play a game too many in a row.

Khedira would have been Ideal. Asamoah, with Pogba in the center.

Both were out. We need to assess if Khedira is going to be reliable or not. If he isnt we need to consider banega.

None of these is a regista. And Khedira is supposed to start next to Marchisio not in his place. The same for Pogba. We do need someone like banega regardless of Khedira's fitness. Pogba/Asamoah - Marchisio/Banega - Khedira/Sturaro/Lemina.

- - - Updated - - -

70% of our midfield is injured/suspended
Who would you play without having to force Pogba or Khedira out of their best role? I trust that their passing/distributing is superior to Lemina and Sturaro's by a margin so they might do a decent (but not very good) job. But that would come at the opportunity cost of not having them in their best roles where they are great.

If Banega is up for a free transfer then we should get him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Im actually more pissed of at the fact that City undeservedly got top spot those jammy mercenary $#@!ers. If BMG or Sevilla finished above us it would not of hurt so much.
If they did, then we would have gotten third or fourth. I'm sure it would have hurt then.

Just more of the same story for this season. Shameful to finish second to the team you beat twice.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Morata :sergio:

Barzagli marking the opposition's best header/aerial threat is just odd. Barzagli hasn't been great in air for some time now. It should be Bonucci marking Llorente and the likes. Bonucci and not Chiellini because Chiellini did a poor job last season.

Most are only mentioning Barca and Bayern, but Real and Atletico are better than us too.

- - - Updated - - -

Zenit, Wolfsburg, or Chelsea/Porto. Can we get lucky with the draw two seasons in a row?

- - - Updated - - -

Well played by Sevilla. They're a different team at home. Could see how they beat Barca and Real.

- - - Updated - - -

Well played by Sevilla. They're a different team at home. Could see how they beat Barca and Real.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
non fo the 3 can mark well in corners to be honest

I have seen plenty of times Bonucci and Chiellini getting fuked on corners and free kicks by tall players

- - - Updated - - -

this

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah, about our set-piece defending. It's still fucken atrocious - and it's absolutely puzzling, given we have 3 world class CBs and some very tall players in our team. But we are routinely scored against at corners/free kicks. Has been an issue for us for many years and still hasn't changed.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Missed the game, Can somebody summarise what went wrong tonight?
We ruined(Morata basically) couple 100% chances.They scored after a set piece(Llorente).We deserved at least a draw but that's football.Morata should ride the bench properly for a decent period of time.Our team, basically midfield faded in the second half.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Yeah, about our set-piece defending. It's still fucken atrocious - and it's absolutely puzzling, given we have 3 world class CBs and some very tall players in our team. But we are routinely scored against at corners/free kicks. Has been an issue for us for many years and still hasn't changed.
Really saw a lot off positives in this game despite the nightmare that is 3-5-2. I think llorente would be a handful for anyone when attacking high balls especially as he was looking really sharp yesterday. I see this game serving as a kick in the backside. I can't wait for the rats game.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
Morata cost us the game and 1st place, simple as that. He is still young, and its very normal for players his age to have ups and downs. He will be back to his best soon and he will repay us.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We were good, Morata missed some chances but it happens, he scored some goals from nothing before, like the one against City.
What is more interesting is Dybala form, this guy is really something special, but we still need one more technical player to play with him (dunno if Berardi is the guy to do this job, they prolly could do well in 4321?), Cuadrado can be game changer coming from the bench and he could be really useful, but game by game we can see that he will not be a key player for us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)