[CL] Sevilla 1-0 JUVENTUS (8th Dec 2015) (2 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
avoiding Barcelona or Bayern this early is the only reason to finish 1st really. take a look at this:

Real, Wolfsburg/United/PSV, Atlético/Benfica, Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea/Porto/Dynamo, Zenit - finishing 1st

PSG, Wolfsburg/United/PSV, Atlético/Benfica, Leverkusen/BATE, Olympiakos/Arsenal, Chelsea/Porto/Dynamo, Valencia/Gent - finishing 2nd

we could get teams like PSG, United, Atlético, Arsenal, Chelsea, Valencia even if we finish 1st. so apart from Barcelona and Bayern, not much difference between finishing 1st and 2nd, depending on how these undecided groups end
Lol -they all suck (except PSG). Finishing first is, without a doubt, an advantage.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Lol -they all suck (except PSG). Finishing first is, without a doubt, an advantage.
yes, because if we finish 2nd we might get Barca or Bayern this early. PSG, Atletico and Real are the only other teams that would be better to avoid but i trust us to knock them out if we meet them, but there isnt much difference between the rest, they should all be beatable. whatever place we finish, it doesnt really matter as long as we avoid Barca and Bayern and preferably but not at any cost the other 3 too

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
... not much difference between finishing 1st and 2nd, depending on how these undecided groups end
Statistically there is huge difference between finishing 1st or 2nd.
Last year Juve was only 2nd placed team who progressed in to quarterfinals. Year before that no second finishing team progressed in the next round. Before that 2 teams, RM vs MU and Galatasaray vs Schalke04.
Here u could see some pattern. To progress in quarterfinal, like 2nd placed team in your group, u need some shitty 1st placed opponent or to be one of the big boys (which in my opinion Juve is).

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Vidal lacks the mental wherewithal to or doesn't care to say the things he said in a nicer way. But what he said was absolutely right of course: Bayern is a better team, one of the very best, and he has a better chance of winning the CL with Bayern. I think he's the type of person that just says whatever is on his mind without sugarcoating things. And there might have been a little friction (for disciplinary reasons) between him and our management prior to his departure.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Just a "slight" difference what that drunk pussy from Bayern stated several times about us.He can learn from Nando how to act as a sportsman .But that is maybe too much to ask from him.
I'm almost always stand for Vidal, but I'm with you 100% about this

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Statistically there is huge difference between finishing 1st or 2nd.
Last year Juve was only 2nd placed team who progressed in to quarterfinals. Year before that no second finishing team progressed in the next round. Before that 2 teams, RM vs MU and Galatasaray vs Schalke04.
Here u could see some pattern. To progress in quarterfinal, like 2nd placed team in your group, u need some shitty 1st placed opponent or to be one of the big boys (which in my opinion Juve is).
This.

Nejc

May 13, 2006
As if the million euro reward for win (or half a million for draw) isn't a good enough reason for playing to win.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Pellini - DM, 18, holds the Primavera midfield together (when he is fit)
Del Favero - GK, 17, another keeper 'big talent'
Morselli - AM, 17, leftie assist man

But these kids are only in for the experience, if we were going to pick three similar players to actually play it wouldn't be these underage players it would be Romagna, Audero and Clemenza.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)