CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (4 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
Trezeguet was actually not o bad yeaterday. Actually Di Vaio was worse than him (altho good) as he missed a few good chances (that header). I ever remember Treze sprinting back to his own half to hel out in defence. :eek:
Devaio was the man of the match yest. not because of his two goals but he assested trez with lot of passes:(

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Good, and great game! We were leading 2-0 after 7 minutes, and that showes how great we are!

And, Buffon has no crisis, he could have saved the free-kick, but made a typically Buffon save just minutes before the final whistle! So please, don't panic! Another reason, why our clean sheet is not so often here, is because the best of our defenders is injured!

Legro will come back, and we will have the 0 back! You will see!
then how come last year you had clean sheets and legro wasnt even ajuve player?

I see that montero is better than legro so i dont know why you guys talk so much about legro and you leave montero.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #463
    ++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
    then how come last year you had clean sheets and legro wasnt even ajuve player?

I see that montero is better than legro so i dont know why you guys talk so much about legro and you leave montero.
    Because Legro doesn't give away silly fouls, and he's probably faster than Montero (?)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #465
    :) come on lil, you can't possibly expect me to take that as anything but a compliment ;)

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    We all have :D on our faces! Great stuff from our boys. I saw the game and our team won in a relaxed fashion. Zambrotta is the greatest ever:cool: Man was hitting left foot crosses from the by line, Beckham accuracy. He has put in so much work into his game you can tell by looking at him. The period when Camo was 1st choice was a blessing. He must have trained to the max physically. Instead of getting depressed about being dropped last term he focused and came through No 1:D My man Zambro. Tacchi needs a mention a well because he is a new player. He's always been a messy player but during his many years with us he has slowly been improving in all aspects of his game. Looked very cool on the ball as did all our boys. My fav bit of the game was when Nedved covered for Camo when Camo was out of position then they high fived each other:cool:

Even if De Pedro and Nihat played we wouldve won. De Pedro has a sweet left foot but our team was in chill out mode when he came on. Our defence still looks a bit weak and not as solid as before. They will get better.

Buffon-7(Two goals which couldnt be saved)
    Thuram-7(No mistakes that I can remember)
    Tudor-10(What a goal)
    Iuliano-7(Got turned by Darko and held him back:D)
    Zambrotta-10(What, u know its Zammer time!! Ho! Can't touch this)
    Camo-7(Nice through pass for the 1st goal)
    Tacchi-8(On point got a yellow for a silly Tcchi foul)
    Appiah-7(Very hard worker only gave the ball away a couple of times)
    Nedved-7(Getting better and nice pass for Trez)
    DV-8(Two very sweet goals)
    Trezeguet8(More involved dropped deep a few times shouldve scored 3)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #468
    ++ [ originally posted by MCPIERO ] ++
    My fav bit of the game was when Nedved covered for Camo when Camo was out of position then they high fived each other:cool:
    I missed that :down:

Tudor-10(What a goal)
    :LOL: a pretty good finish, eh? No real power needed

Iuliano-7(Got turned by Darko and held him back:D)
    That was so damn blatant :wallbang:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    Grande La Juve, Grande ...

Oops, We did it again against Spanish opposition, they must shiver everytime the name 'Juve' is mentioned :)

Word in town is that Trezegol is back !! Well, he scored 2 goals and 'shushed' his critics after every goal he scored. I'm happy for those who kept faith in him, coz he repaid them with those wonderful goals.

Di Vaio was also brilliant. He proved that he could be used whenever needed by Lippi. Shame though that he wasn't able to bag his first European hat-trick. But he said that the forwards would certainly be happy if for every match they play they get to score 2 goals. (Miccoli, DV, Treze).

Neddy showed yet again that he totally deserves the Golden Ball award with another magnificient performance. Ronaldo who?

Camoranesi's presence was also deeply felt last night. He created that breath-taking assist to Trezeguet in between 4 Soceidad defenders for the first goal. Let's not forget that he also cleared the ball off the line with a header in the second half, denying Soceidad from scoring a goal and possibly turning the match.

Appiah and Tacchi worked well together. They blocked Soceidad from any dangers and cut supply towards Darko. But it seems that the couple have slowed down a notch in the second half which allowed Soceidad to move forward especially with fresh legs in De Pedro.

Our defense and GK weren't brutally tested through the match, and yet Iuliano and Tudor looked clumsy when dealing with the ball or stopping the opposing forwards. With Legro and Montero back, we would certainly have a more solid and assuring defense.

Special dedication to Mr. Consistensy who was a rock-solid 'Jet' as always !!

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Amazing how u always focus on one part of ppl's post and still manage to tske it out of context
    Well to answer your question
    Baggio for Inter against Parma in cl playoffs, Batistuta for roma against juve when they beat us at home 2-0, which was bati fiirst goal of the season and was not a good fk, Henry against juve 3-1 at higbury, van hoidoonk vs juve cl for feyernoord, to mention a few off the top of my head
    As far as I know we are talking about this season not 2 seasons ago when Buffon was not as good as he is now.

Focus on one part? There's only one part we're taling about, Buffon's saves. Since you don't want to discuss then fine :rolleyes:

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
    I think this game showed us two things :

1.Marco Di Vaio is one of the best players that Juve have.
    2.Legrottaglie is very important to Juventus.

why ? well...................

Anyway, I saw the game live (heehaw) and now I'm writing the first match ratings for the players this season:

Buffon - 6 - Not the indomitable Gigi of the last part of last season, but still awake enough to save from Nihat, Darko. Couldn't do anything about the 2 goals although I feel there should have been more bianconeri in the wall for the free-kick.
    Gigi starts a season looking good, then he becomes great.

Thuram - 6 - Should have helped out the CBs more often. Not many runs down the right, either. But a quiet and disciplined game.

Tudor - 4.5 - I don't think I need to elaborate.

Iuliano - 5 - Only marginally better than his illustrious partner at the back. Why didn't we sell him when people were apparently interested ? He should have gone to Lazio in player-exchange.

Zambrotta - 7.5 - a splendid game from Zambro. I feel so proud that he plays for Juve and Italia. Looking better and better each time. He pulled off everything he wanted.

Camoranesi - 6.5 - Came into the centre a lot (Obviously pre-planned). He was involved a lot in the game and went very close with a shot.

Appiah - 5.5 - Not his best game but still a presence in the middle.

Tacchinardi - 5.5- As the Juventus defensive-midfielder, he didn't have anything to decide really. Think Il Capitano should have hepled out the defense more ?

Nedved - 6.5 - What a pass to Di vaio and to Trez for the goals !!! Neddy Neddy NEddy !!!!!!!!!!!

Trezeguet - 7- a well-taken first goal and a blast for the second. If he scores, Juve win (about 99% anyway). His smiling face is a cherished memory for juventini.

Di Vaio - 8- a Man-of-the-match display from the ex-Parma forward. He basically did whatever he wanted and tormented the Sociedad defense. He scored 2, but had another 5-6 chances in a game which was simply his own.

Montero - 6 - secured the defense.

FORZA JUVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelogy ] ++
    Buffon - 6 - Not the indomitable Gigi of the last part of last season, but still awake enough to save from Nihat, Darko. Couldn't do anything about the 2 goals although I feel there should have been more bianconeri in the wall for the free-kick.
    Gigi starts a season looking good, then he becomes great.
    He should have saved the free kick, he was well placed and he just about had a hand on the ball, only it slipped between his hands more or less. But it was neither too well struck, too far away or too hard to parry, like he did with Nihat's shot.

++ [ originally posted by juvelogy ] ++
    Montero - 6 - secured the defense.
    That time he let Nihat through to fire his shot was a no no. It was Montero who slipped and lost his marker.

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    That was so damn blatant
    You gotta love it though:D

Gray the high five just made me smile we truly have a special team With no fat ego football heads. (Except for Tudor. Man has to score whenever he plays or else he gets pissed off!)

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #475
    He wasn't such a pitbull against Real S. I remember as soon as he came on, the first physical battle he encountered, he was overpowered and sort of gave up :down:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

Boy, yesterday He worked very hard and if you missed the game please watch it because I am tired of all these bull shits.
    Last Season he was, along side with Nedvel, one of the best player of our team so please get your words back.:fero::fero:

Sorry, But I'm not taking my words back about Camo because he's had ONE good game so far this season. It takes a lot more than that. And last season was exactly that, last season.

Like I said, he seems to be a totally different player when he's playing for the National team. Maybe you should watch them, and you'll see what I mean.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    One good game? That's not true, I rather think it as one bad game (reggina) and then some good games and an amazing game yesterday.

Anyway couldn't agree more with these ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Iuliano 6.5, Tudor 6, Montero sv, Zambrotta 7, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids 6, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi 7, Nedved 7.5, Di Vaio 7, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 7.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6, Thuram 6, Iuliano 6.5, Tudor 6, Montero sv, Zambrotta 7, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids 6, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi 7, Nedved 7, Di Vaio 7.5, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 6.5.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Iuliano 7, Tudor 6, Montero 5.5, Zambrotta 7, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids 6, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi 7, Nedved 6.5, Di Vaio 7, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 7.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Iuliano 7, Tudor 6.5, Montero 5.5, Zambrotta 7.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids 6, Appiah 6.5, Tacchinardi 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Di Vaio 8, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 7.5.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Iuliano 6.5, Tudor 6, Montero sv, Zambrotta 7.5, Camoranesi 6, Davids 6, Appiah 7, Tacchinardi 6.5, Nedved 8, Di Vaio 8, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 8.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 7, Thuram 6, Iuliano 6.5, Tudor 5.5, Montero sv, Zambrotta 7.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Davids sv, Appiah 6, Tacchinardi 7, Nedved 7, Di Vaio 8, Birindelli sv, Trezeguet 7.

Zambrotta, Tacchinardi, Nedved, DV and Trez definitely best players of the match.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    If anyone here has watched the National team games, Like I have, and watched how he plays (excellent), you could understand why I haven't been that enamored with his play this season for Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)