CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (10 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yes, we must beware of Kovacevic, as well as Nihat, Lee-Chun Soo, De Pedro, Karpin and Xabi Alonso.

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #63
    ++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
    Yes, we must beware of Kovacevic, as well as Nihat, Lee-Chun Soo, De Pedro, Karpin and Xabi Alonso.
    Woohoo! :touched: I hope u didn't say that just to please me ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, I've seen a bit of him and he seems like a fairly good player, but I must admit, I wouldn't have said that if not for you. I didn't say it to please you, I said it because of you ;)

Aug 1, 2003
    oh sh!t, this coming match is causing me stress. why oh why did we end up with sociedad ?
    lets pray for a 3-1 victory and a surprise performance like we did against real madrid !

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Mmmm in the real game i expectet to win...to tell you the truth, i had a powerfull feeling that we could defeat real in that game.. it was just special :)

Ok.. against sociedda..i dont know what will happen...both teams are doing fairly well in their leagues...and we are very balanced.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i wont feel too bad if it turn out to be our first defeat of the season..it would come sooner than later judgin from our performance untill now..

anyway i think we will qualify from the group easily eventulally...but hope we have found our footings after that as in the knockout stages there in no room for mistakes anymore..

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

Ok.. against sociedda..i dont know what will happen...both teams are doing fairly well in their leagues...and we are very balanced.

not really. Sociedad just lost to relegation contenders Albacete.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

That doesn't mean anything. Look at Juventus, one could say we barely won against relegation contenders, Ancona.

well, Juve were in complete control after being 3-0 up. So obviously their concentration wasn't the same after the 3rd goal went in. Thats why it turned out to be a close game in the end.

and we're top of the league when its all said and done.

and we barely winning doesn't change the fact that Sociedad lost badly ( 3-1) to Albacete.

;)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++

well, Juve were in complete control after being 3-0 up. So obviously their concentration wasn't the same after the 3rd goal went in. Thats why it turned out to be a close game in the end.

and we're top of the league when its all said and done.

and we barely winning doesn't change the fact that Sociedad lost badly ( 3-1) to Albacete.

;)
    yeps.

When Juve was focused in the first half...ancona didnt had chance..well just the montero safe but nothing more. We were totally dominant in the fisrt half and taking in consideration that we were using some benches...thats a very positive sign.

The fact that we lost concentration in the second half is another thing..

Jul 19, 2003
    Yes, but unless u watched Real Sociedad's game (I didn't), u can't deduct anything from that scoreline......actually even if they did show a poor performance........it happens to all big teams. We shouldn't be deceived by their latest match and think we'll simply steamroll our way through. ;)

Aug 1, 2003
    well i dont think league performances has anything to do with CL, situation is totally different. look at barca last season, they fluked in la liga but were undefeated in CL till we knocked em dead.

but sociedad's gonna be tough, though, i always wonder if kova would wanna prove himself against his old club?

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    Zambrotta eyes Real victory

-------------------------------------

A victory for Juventus against Real Sociedad on Tuesday is a necessity according to Gianluca Zambrotta.

Both teams have collected two wins from two games in their Champions’ League group but the Italian defender is desperate for another victory.

"We are level on points with them so we must get that home win," said the Italian international.

"If we can get another three points then we would almost be certain of qualification which means we could then just focus on Serie A for a while."

Zambrotta is currently one of Juventus’ most in form players at the minute after finding the net in the 3-2 win at Ancona.

"I always try to score," said the left-back. "Sometimes I manage it and other times I don’t. I can still improve because you never stop learning in this game.

"The Ancona match was difficult towards the end as we were coasting at 3-0. But we won because we were determined too. That is our great strength."

The good news for Juventus is that Pavel Nedved will be fit for the Real game. He missed the Ancona victory with a slight problem.

While Igor Tudor and Nicola Legrottaglie will both face fitness tests on Monday to see whether they will be available for selection

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    word. Zambrottas goal vs Ancona was great :) nice to see he came back with a bang after that diving controversy.

We will win this game. Im positive.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #79
    Nedved had a slight problem!? :eek:

I thought he was just being rested for the Real game :scared:

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Just a minor problem...he was rested more for precaution than for anything else. If Nedved doesn't play (but I`m sure he will) I would like to see DV and Trez upfront with Miccoli behind them. I know this will not happen but I`d like to see Lippi trying this trio once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)