CL: Real Sociedad - Juventus (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Okay I guess this is a tad early, but the match is on this (EDITED DUE TO POPULAR WHINING :D: TUESDAY) The match is on wednesday morning for me, but of course the whole world revolves around Europe :rolleyes:. Winning it would be great for us, since we can then concentrate on our Serie A matches.

I thought there was already a thread about this match, so i was going to post my good news there, but ... yeah...

THEY'RE FINALLY SHOWING A JUVE MATCH IN AUSTRALIA! MY FIRST ONE SINCE THE CL FINAL!

No more reading the live commentary, I finally get to see our boys :extatic: Hopefully Lee Chun-Soo will play for Sociedad too :)

I think it'll finish 3-1 to Juve :thumb:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
What happened to "why the hell are you guys starting threads so early?" ;)
It's here now.

Is it really neccessary to start these so early? Whenever I enter a match thread it's way too early to discuss, or it's filled up with conversations or OT junk. Can't we keep that somewhere else in the forum? :) I miss some decent match threads.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
well.... this isn't early compared to the Aconna thread.

Anyways..... Congrats to Gray :)

And i don't know...... i feel quite nervous for this match.... :scared:...... maybe cos i kinda like Sociadad and i do think they are the toughest for us in this group.......also..... no DP :sigh:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
You sure about that? Is playing away to the bottom club in Serie A as important as facing the toughest team in our CL group?

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
definitely. it's not as tough, but the game against Ancona is not less important. should I tell you that if we lose points in Seria, it doesn't against who we lost them? it could be Udinese, Pergugia, Brescia. it doesn't matter against who. Serie A is no laugh and the game against Ancona is not as easy as you'r expecting it to be.

thank god you'r not our coach! :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Yeah I think such threads should be opened a day after the other match finished :D

Btw the match is on Tuesday not Wednesday ;)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    It's Wednesday morning for me ;)

btw, 5 days before the match is different to 2 weeks..

i was just happy because they're showing it in Oz :D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Ok Wednesday for you, Tuesday for us :D It might have confused people seeing how our last match was on a Tuesday too, and susually they alternate. No idea why they did this scheme this year.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    i will next time :)
    anyways he should change it because when i read wednesday i was like shit!! i have classes on the matches hours on wednesday

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    That's what I told him :p

To go back to the subject, from these 2 next matches against Real Sociedad, we need to get 4 points to be 80% sure of qualifying as first team. Two draws, or even worse a loss in either match, will complciate matters and will require us to keep playing the first team for the remaining two games. It would be good to be able to rest some players ahead of the Serie A games.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    hmmmm.... interesting game.

If we win this, Juve ensure qualification no matter what. After that its only a matter of finishing top of the group.

Sociedad have a strong midfield and attack. They managed to hold on to all their key players during the transfer window. Nihat, Xabi alonso, De Pedro, Karpin, Kovacevic ,Aranzabal and of course Westerveld in goal - Thats a strong lineup right there.

Keeping Nihat quiet will be the key. Kovacevic requires service to produce goals... so Juve need to keep tabs on De Pedro and Karpin. Karpin may not be pacey or skillful but he gives a 100% every game.

Sociedad haven't lost in their last 3 games with victories against Zaragoza, Olympiakos and Racing Santander. their last loss was against Athletico Bilbao a while ago.

in La Liga, they have conceded just 4 goals in 6 games. So their defense is pretty solid although they haven't played real Quality opposition yet.

As for Juve, my main worry is the defense. It looks sluggish from time to time and Thuram just hasn't been himself lately. We really need to sign a young solid defender during the January transfer window. Anyway, i still think its more than enough to hold Sociedad at bay for 90 minutes. We will score - i have no doubts about that. We are full of goals these days. Will Del Piero be missed ? I hope not. Miccoli is good with set pieces and is the ideal replacement. I hope Lippi plays Miccoli and Di Vaio up front although i think its gonna be Di Vaio and Trez. I sure hope Miccoli doesn't play on the right side of midfield - Camo can do that job. I hope Micco scores a couple vs Ancona which will make it pretty hard for Lippi to leave him out of the starting 11.

And of course, Nedved is gonna be a huge factor versus Sociedad. I hope we don't score too early as we tend to fall back and concede - after that its playing catchup for the rest of the game.

Prediction ? i don't want to predict and jinx the team.

FORZA JUVE !

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by IceBlu ] ++
    Nihat, Xabi alonso, De Pedro, Karpin, Kovacevic ,Aranzabal and of course Westerveld in goal - Thats a strong lineup right there.
    *ahem* Aren't you forgetting someone? :fero:

Sorry to just quote that part of the post, I agree with most things u said btw ;)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

*ahem* Aren't you forgetting someone? :fero:

Sorry to just quote that part of the post, I agree with most things u said btw ;)

heh ...but i can't figure out who i left out :confused: ...hmmm....:frown:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Lee Chun-Soo !!!

Hehe, he hasn't done that much for Sociedad so far, but he'll find his feet. He actually nearly scored on his Liga debut, he chipped the keeper and the ball was going in, but Darko nipped in and poked it into the net :frown::down::fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)