++ [ originally posted by DelpieroForLife ] ++
--------------------Buffon-------------------
Zebina----Canna----Thuram---Zambro
----------------Emeeson---Blasi-----------
Camo----------------------------------------
---------------------Neddy------------------
------------------------------------DP--------
--------------------Zlatan-------------------
Ahh, the good ole 'cookie cutter' Juve lineup :)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004

I like this..

OP
ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #125

Not a bad formation at all. For me I will see who performs better for the Messina game.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Sir Sebastian ] ++
    when i was watching the tsunami relief match they said theyre showing real madrid-juve on feb 22 live on espn...
    That's ESPN Deportes.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++

See, ESPN is busy with airing shows like "World's Strongest Man Competition, 1994 finals", "Poker- Ultimate Challenge", etc.

They don't have air time to show two CL matches in one matchday. So, they show just one.
    how i hate it...i always thought ESPN was a great channel, but not anymore!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    but capello will play

Zebina-------Canna----Thuram------Zambro

----------------Emeeson---Blasi--------------
    Camo--------------------------------Neddy---

-------------Trezeguet-----Zlatan-----------
    If we play this way we are fvcked.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    those who will not be able to watch the game, i will try hard to post all the pics and clips as soon as possible during the match

but i dont know where can i upload the files to be available for download

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #133
    Capello ponders attacking options Thursday 17 February, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Fabio Capello has failed to rule out the use of a trident attack in their Champions’ League tie at Real Madrid.

The Bianconeri fielded a 3-4-3 formation in the 2-1 win over Udinese on Sunday, and the tactician insists he could try something similar next Tuesday.

"We’ll have to wait and see," he told Spanish newspaper AS. "I’m a Coach who looks at the strengths and weaknesses of opponents, who considers what I have available and then I make a decision."

Capello’s statement will come as a welcome boost to the recently dropped Alessandro Del Piero, who returned to action in Week 24 alongside Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Trezeguet.

"Alex has had a few minor injury problems, especially with his Achilles’ tendon, but he has worked well recently and is getting back to form," explained the former Milan boss.

Nevertheless, Capello is expecting a real battle at the Bernabeu against the club he led to the Spanish title in 1997. "Real are a well balanced and strong side," he continued.

"The arrival of Wanderley Luxemburgo has seen them improve defensively. He’s sorted out the midfield too so that the side can take advantage of the strength and speed of their forwards."

The boss is also well aware of the fact that his men will have to get past Walter Samuel, a central defender who worked under Capello at Roma before his summer switch to La Liga.

"Samuel is a key figure in their defence, he is now virtually a fundamental player for the team, one with few weaknesses," he stated. "I would say we have a 50 percent chance of going through."

However, Real technical director Arrigo Sacchi is convinced that his club will reach the last eight of the European Cup.

"Juventus are a compact and organised side, made up of great players but we won’t be intimidated," he stated. "We have what is needed to win and it is basically up to us to do that."

sourec: channel4.com

Can't wait to see the battle.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
    Juventus boss Fabio Capello has failed to rule out the use of a trident attack in their Champions’ League tie at Real Madrid.

"We’ll have to wait and see," he told Spanish newspaper AS. "I’m a Coach who looks at the strengths and weaknesses of opponents, who considers what I have available and then I make a decision."
    If that's the case, then it would be logical for Capello to field 3 attackers, since Real's weakness lies in their average defence

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    :rofl:

Ronaldo injures toe at a party

MADRID, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Real Madrid striker Ronaldo is doubtful for Saturday's league match against Athletic Bilbao after returning from his lavish Valentine's Day engagement party in Paris with an injury to his toe.

Club medical staff said that the Brazilian was suffering from inflammation of the big toe on his left foot and would undergo physiotherapy to deal with the problem.

Ronaldo turned up late for training on Tuesday after being delayed on his return from the celebrations at a secluded chateau near Paris and also missed the first 15 minutes of the session on Wednesday.

Sports daily Marca said that the 28-year-old would be fined by the club because of his late arrival.

Ronaldo turned up on time on Thursday, but pulled up after a few minutes and it now looks unlikely that he will play against Bilbao. England striker Michael Owen will take his place in the starting line-up if he fails to recover in time.

Owen's England team mate David Beckham and captain Raul, who both complained of some minor muscle pain after playing in the tsunami benefit match at the Nou Camp, trained normally on Thursday.

Real play Serie A leaders Juventus at the Bernabeu next Tuesday in the first leg of their Champions League knockout tie.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

MADRID, Feb 17 (Reuters) - Real Madrid striker Ronaldo is doubtful for Saturday's league match against Athletic Bilbao after returning from his lavish Valentine's Day engagement party in Paris with an injury to his toe.

Club medical staff said that the Brazilian was suffering from inflammation of the big toe on his left foot and would undergo physiotherapy to deal with the problem.

Ronaldo turned up late for training on Tuesday after being delayed on his return from the celebrations at a secluded chateau near Paris and also missed the first 15 minutes of the session on Wednesday.

Sports daily Marca said that the 28-year-old would be fined by the club because of his late arrival.

Ronaldo turned up on time on Thursday, but pulled up after a few minutes and it now looks unlikely that he will play against Bilbao. England striker Michael Owen will take his place in the starting line-up if he fails to recover in time.

Owen's England team mate David Beckham and captain Raul, who both complained of some minor muscle pain after playing in the tsunami benefit match at the Nou Camp, trained normally on Thursday.

Real play Serie A leaders Juventus at the Bernabeu next Tuesday in the first leg of their Champions League knockout tie.
    :D

OP
    ZhiXin

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #137
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:D:D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I highly doubt Capello will use the trident in this match, not if Nedved is fit to start. Hopefully it'll be Del Piero and Zlatan upfront.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I highly doubt Capello will use the trident in this match, not if Nedved is fit to start. Hopefully it'll be Del Piero and Zlatan upfront.
    Trio would still be better...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)