[CL] Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus [April 11th 2018] (10 Viewers)

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #1,561
    Video: Did Juve tamper with penalty?
    By Football Italia staff

The controversy continues after footage suggests Juventus players tried to tamper with the penalty spot before Real Madrid’s decisive kick.

The Bianconeri were leading 3-0 at the Bernabeu, wiping out the 3-0 first leg defeat, and 30 seconds from extra time when English referee Michael Oliver awarded a contentious penalty.

As Cristiano Ronaldo was preparing to take it and the arguments continued inside the area, Spanish TV caught what appears to be footage of Stephan Lichtsteiner and substitute goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny tampering with the spot.

They scuffed their studs along the turf to dig a little hole, something Juventus fans will recognise because Riccardo Maspero famously did the exact same thing in a thrilling derby for Torino.

That game ended 3-3, because Marcelo Salas duly punted the penalty into Row Z.

This time, Marco Asensio seemed to spot what was happening and went to stamp down the turf, while Cristiano Ronaldo also very carefully tried to flatten the playing surface before his penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

We are now being blamed for trying to alter the penalty spot :lol:

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    By Football Italia staff

The controversy continues after footage suggests Juventus players tried to tamper with the penalty spot before Real Madrid’s decisive kick.

The Bianconeri were leading 3-0 at the Bernabeu, wiping out the 3-0 first leg defeat, and 30 seconds from extra time when English referee Michael Oliver awarded a contentious penalty.

As Cristiano Ronaldo was preparing to take it and the arguments continued inside the area, Spanish TV caught what appears to be footage of Stephan Lichtsteiner and substitute goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny tampering with the spot.

They scuffed their studs along the turf to dig a little hole, something Juventus fans will recognise because Riccardo Maspero famously did the exact same thing in a thrilling derby for Torino.

This time, Marco Asensio seemed to spot what was happening and went to stamp down the turf, while Cristiano Ronaldo also very carefully tried to flatten the playing surface before his penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

No wonder he hit the most perfect penalty

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    Not classy, but I prefer to live in a way where I don't feel like the world is against me, feeling sorry for myself.

It was a penalty - maybe soft, but legitimate. It probably wouldn't have gone the other way, but oh well. It's not a conspiracy, so claiming we were robbed is no different to what inter and Napoli do.
    What you just described is an injustice but here you are criticizing every Juve fan who feels robbed.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    By Football Italia staff

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Salas

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017
    By Football Italia staff

- - - Updated - - -

Swiss goalkeeper Marwin Hitz did it better:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/bundesliga/12035886/Augsburg-goalkeeper-digs-up-penalty-spot-before-Koln-penalty-miss.html

@DAiDEViL @lgorTudor

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
    May 3, 2012
    By Football Italia staff

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: WTF Licht!

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    And don't we mock other Serie A teams for that?
    Maybe Napoli, Milan and Inter but that's because we dislike them. I find nothing embarrassing in their comments when it's clear as day that the ref favored us.

If anything, I feel bad for the other Serie A teams when they get screwed over by the ref when playing against us.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, of course, if you have an inferiority complex, go ahead and feel embarrassed.

I'm not afraid of my team looking small.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    Maybe Napoli, Milan and Inter but that's because we dislike them. I find nothing embarrassing in their comments when it's clear as day that the ref favored us.

If anything, I feel bad for the other Serie A teams when they get screwed over by the ref when playing against us.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, of course, if you have an inferiority complex, go ahead and feel embarrassed.

I'm not afraid of my team looking small.
    What is your point?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    What you just described is an injustice but here you are criticizing every Juve fan who feels robbed.
    I don't feel robbed. It is still very hard to swallow that penalty and I'm yet to get a minute of sleep, 22 hours after the match. A more experienced referee wouldn't have whistled a penalty, not because there was no penalty, but for the reasons Buffon described best. But I don't feel robbed by the referee. Robbed by Kroos, Ronaldo and Vasquez, for that great cross, incredible jump and good positioning in the last second and robbing us of extra 30 munutes in an epic match, but not robbed by the ref. Unfortunately, we were designated a young and inexperienced referee.

Aug 2, 2005
    it looked close when I first saw it.

we could look at the first game too and see there could have been a pk or 2 in our favour, should Dybala be sent off...

it'll never end.
    there is no deny that Real/Barca gets alot of favoritism. maybe against minnows it would have understandable, but not in CL last 8 where alot is at stake. VAR should be there
    I agree with Agnelli that this referee was not all up to this task. there was alot of questionable decisions he made.
    he could not manage Real's diving acts.

on another note, Had Diving not tolerated at all, we will see a more beautiful football. I still wonder why Sandro was booked.. looked like he even did not touch CR7. at one point yestersay each foul warranted a YC regardless.

Alex is right, the game is over and we should move on and talk about football..
    based on 180 minutes, the tie should have gone to ET.
    we should have been better in the last 20 min, maybe we should have went for the 4th, we could have finished it.
    but we will never know.
    for instance, after our 3rd, I was confused if we were to make a change.. what it would be..
    Higgy out, Cuads in, Manzo as CF? loose the superiority Manzo had over Carvajal on the left? Pjanic out, Marchi in?
    Matuidi Out/Stu in?
    any sub would have gone either way..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)