[CL] Real Madrid 1-3 Juventus [April 11th 2018] (4 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Something I hated about our first leg, not testing Kylor from distance. He's been always a suspect.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
it would be interesting seeing all of Costa-Berna-Cuad starting behind Gonzalo.

But of course Allegri will start Manzu on the left defending, when you need to score four goals...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Am hoping and predicting 4-1 for in favor of us at extra time. Also please $#@!ing start Marchisio.
Oh hell no. Claudio is one of my top 5 favorite players ever but dude is falling apart. He still has quality on the ball, but he couldn't cover Benevento counter attacks today, him and Pjanić together would be suicide.

No matter what midfield we put out there we can't outplay them, so better to focus on wingers and try to beat them that way. Especially since Ramos is not playing we might actually have a chance with crosses.

Buffon

MDS-Benatia-Chiellini-Sandro

Cuadrado-Pjanić-Khedira-Costa

Higuain-Mandžukić​

I would start this way or this:

Buffon

Benatia-Rugani-Chiellini

Cuadrado-Pjanić-Khedira-Sandro

Costa-Higuain-Mandžukić​

Hopefully Berna is ready for the bench. We have to score and have a lead at half. 0-1 or 1-2, whatever it is, just have something to encourage them at half time and come out hungry in the second. Chances are almost zero, but crazy stuff happens all the time, might as well be us.

May 23, 2013
Oh hell no. Claudio is one of my top 5 favorite players ever but dude is falling apart. He still has quality on the ball, but he couldn't cover Benevento counter attacks today, him and Pjanić together would be suicide.

No matter what midfield we put out there we can't outplay them, so better to focus on wingers and try to beat them that way. Especially since Ramos is not playing we might actually have a chance with crosses.

Buffon

Higuain-Mandžukić​

Buffon

Benatia-Rugani-Chiellini

Costa-Higuain-Mandžukić​

Hopefully Berna is ready for the bench. We have to score and have a lead at half. 0-1 or 1-2, whatever it is, just have something to encourage them at half time and come out hungry in the second. Chances are almost zero, but crazy stuff happens all the time, might as well be us.
Marchisio is not falling apart. He is not the same Marchisio from before of course however at regista he has looked fantastic. It’s not his fault that Max has a hard on for Pjanic thus Marchisio is forced to play out of position as a B2B midfielder.

Also if we are gonna focus on the wings what’s the point of playing Pjanic? He barely plays vertical balls and definitely not at the same quality of Marchisio.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Lol Pjanić was our best and most consistent player all season. He's struggling for the past month but he's definitely way better and more important than Marchisio.

And yes, physically he is falling apart.

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #49
    it would be interesting seeing all of Costa-Berna-Cuad starting behind Gonzalo.

But of course Allegri will start Manzu on the left defending, when you need to score four goals...
    We sure had that left side on lock down today, though. :baus:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Costa-Higuain-Dybala
    Pjanic-Marchisio-Bernardeschi
    Alex Sandro-Chiellini-Benatia-Cuadrado​

:tuttosport:

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #51
    Costa-Higuain-Dybala
    Pjanic-Marchisio-Bernardeschi
    Alex Sandro-Chiellini-Benatia-Cuadrado​

:tuttosport:
    I'm assuming this is sarcasm since you know Dybala won't play?:D

:edit:

Oh, I see. Gung-ho attacking haha

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    This club never gives up, true fans of Juve know it. When everything looked lost we won or went through even in Spain, against both Real and Barcelona, with players like Zalayeta.

Those who already gave up after 0-3 don't know anything about the nature of this club and probably were English clubs fanboys a year ago, or something like that.

So you're not delusional.
    :shifty: That's absolute BS and you know it. We gave up after going behind 0-2 earlier this week, and we gave up when we went behind in last year's final. My apologies if you are trolling :p ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Something I hated about our first leg, not testing Kylor from distance. He's been always a suspect.
    I know he looks like a criminal, but what was he suspected of? :p

- - - Updated - - -

We have absolutely nothing to lose. We already got embarrassed/humiliated at home, so anything here is a bonus. Go all out. 4-3-3 with Cuads and Costa flanking Hiugain. Mandzukic and Berna to come off the bench; Khedira Pjanic and Matuidi in midfield, and a back 4 of Benatia, Chiellini, De Sciglio and Sandro.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012

Buffon

Higuain-Mandžukić​

Buffon

Benatia-Rugani-Chiellini

Costa-Higuain-Mandžukić​

I agree with your first formation. Fast wingers and 2 classical strikers. Mandzukic for hold up play and headers and higuain to run into space. Not saying it gives us a great chance, but it gives us a chance. I honestly think the second leg being away helps us slightly. Like Atletico were dead in the semis last season because they were home the second leg. For us, if we have an amazing 2-0 start in this match, we are absolutely alive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)