[CL] Real Madrid 1-1 JUVENTUS (May 13th, 2015) (7 Viewers)

MOM

• Juventus

• Juventus

Results are only viewable after voting.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Juve can go on to win the Champions League - Emerson

The former midfielder is confident Massimiliano Allegri's men can get the better of Real Madrid and go on to lift the trophy for the first time in 19 years

Former Real Madrid and Juventus midfielder Emerson is confident that the Italian side can go on to win the Champions League this season.

Juve travel to the Spanish capital on Wednesday looking to maintain their 2-1 lead over Carlo Ancelotti's men in their semi-final tie.

And Emerson believes the Turin side can go even further than progressing to the final, but can lift the trophy in Berlin for the first time in 19 years.

"It will be difficult in Madrid, much more so than at Juventus, but I think in the end Juve will progress," he told Tuttosport. "I liked the way they played a lot. It's a tough team. In critical moments they grow and defended well.

"Who would have thought that they would reach the semi-finals? I would look in their eyes and say to the players: 'Nobody believed in us, now we must show that we can win the Champions League'."

Emerson, though, admits that Cristiano Ronaldo could single-handedly crush the Bianconeri's dreams of European glory, but stressed the importance of Andrea Pirlo to the visiting side.

"With champions like Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Neymar, you must only pray that they are not on their game.

"Andrea is a phenomenon and the Bernabeu stadium would be a good place for one of his punishing free kicks. From the edge of the area Pirlo has crazy accuracy. It's a goal 90 per cent of the time."

Ancelotti's job has come under scrutiny in recent weeks, with Madrid trailing to Juventus and four points behind Barcelona in the league with two games to go. However, Emerson feels his former coach will get through it.

"The Real Madrid players are accustomed to controversy. I can assure you that Ancelotti, with whom I worked at Milan, is phenomenal at bringing serenity in times of a storm. Carletto is charismatic and highly respected by the players: I have seen so many people go beyond their limits just for him."

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 5, 2007
it'll be hard playing away but they need to score a goal and Juve's best chance will be to hit them on the counter.
True it will be stupid to defend for sure we will lose this way.

We need a goal fast that will get their nervs and create space for counter attack.

At least one goal needed to insure even if they score two we are back to ground zero.

Apr 19, 2007
I think we ill attack in 10 minute segments and ait for good times to punish them. We ill defend well and hen in possession we will pass it around the back at times if we get to pushed up. I think we want them to get comfortable and start sending the backs forward and then Morata and Tevez go to shred them. I like Pogba,Marchisio, and vidal would be good to start. Imnot sure Allegri will want to bench Pirlo so I see peryra getting the bench. He gives us more pace and athleticism in General but Pirlo can play the devastating long ball. Id go with Peryra instaed but in Max I trust!!

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
I fear starting with Pirlo. First of, pogba does NOT protect pirlo more than struaro, hes fantastic - but takes many more chances when in possesion than struaro - and pirlo offer when their counter machine starts.

He may have experience, but in every single match he does loose the Ball in criticsl areas - he also did in the first match.

Im not that he schould NOT play, just that its a difficult choise.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It's not only for pirlo's flaws.

Pereyra has been determinant against Dortmund, he's been one of the team's best performes at CL. Pirlo has been consistently poor or average.

To me it's a no brainer, really. All signs point to a midfield of Marchisio - Vidal - Pogba - Pereyra. But Pirlo is playing no matter what, so let's hope it works. But it's a mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)