[CL] Real Madrid 1-1 JUVENTUS (May 13th, 2015) (3 Viewers)

MOM

• Juventus

• Juventus

Results are only viewable after voting.

kamyar zz5

Jul 9, 2014
i usually shit bricks even before meh matches like last weeks juve-caglari,but i'm surprisingly calm and confident for this one,i'm expecting a very dominant performance from us tonight so 3-0 the shit out of them please :D

ps. i had a dream last night,
we were playing barca and we won the match 4-1 :snoop: :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, Ancelotti may have spoken about the need for patience, but I would expect Real to try and start fast and put Juve under pressure in the opening 10-15 mins.

It'll be interesting to see how Juve deal with that. They'll need to decide on the balance between just clearing the ball, and inviting another attack, and being brave enough to hold possession under pressure, which clearly also carries risks if done incorrectly.

Real did not press well in the first game, so with a little composure you'd think Juve would have a fair chance of being able to move the ball well enough to beat the press and create some decent situations for the front two to break quickly.

Pogba's return should help Juve retain the ball under pressure.

Beyond that, I see no particular reason for Juve to do anything radically different to the first game. Keep the ball when the opportunity presents itself, press Real when the chance is there, but broadly prioritise maintaining the shape of the team over trying anything terribly bold.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ramos in defense, Benzema likely to start.
So Real are going to play a midfield with no remotely defensive players in it?

If that's the case, Juve might need to rethink their gameplan.

There could be the chance for extended spells of possession with Juve's midfield dominating.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014

There could be the chance for extended spells of possession with Juve's midfield dominating.
Ancelotti planning to hit us on the break?

- - - Updated - - -

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Madrid looked washed up last game. The heat could end up being good for us, we already seemed to be in better physical conditions before last weekend when they played their starters.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

I'd say an entirely offensive Madrid midfield would open the door to even more counter opportunities launched by Pirlo. Agree about our midfield dominating, excepting Pirlo we are significantly more physical than them in the middle and considering how organised we are as well as physical I can see us using this to our advantage in a big way.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Think this is generally expected to be the Madrid team?

Casillas
Carvajal Pepe Ramos Marcelo
Isco Kroos Rodriguez
Bale Benzema Ronaldo

That team has basically three defensive players in it. Casillas, Pepe and Ramos. Got to say I'd admire Ancelotti for starting that team.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
That team has basically three defensive players in it. Casillas, Pepe and Ramos. Got to say I'd admire Ancelotti for starting that team.
:agree: It can go both ways - they will roflstomp us with technical abilities of this lineup or will be punished hard for putting such non-defensive minded team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)