[CL] Rapid - Juventus (7 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
zlatan9uk said:
clever thinking if ur right mate
It is true. This is the advantage of becoming the 1st in group stange.
In the 2nd round each 1st of group will face a 2nd from a different group. The 1st in the group stage will be asured a 2nd leg home game so if the match goes for extra time the team has the benefit of home.

OP
Philipp00

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    Rapid have not been bad in their two home games. They had the better chances in the first game against bayern and even missed a penalty. In the h0me game against brügge they also had better chances and were unlucky to lose. In torino they also did not play that bad. the only really bad match they played was against bayern in the allianz arena.
    Rapid are justt playing for their honour in this match. difficult to say if it will be hard or not for us to win.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I think we should play:

Buffon
    Balzaretti - Thuram - Kovac - Zambrotta
    Camoranesi - Emerson/Vieira - Giannichedda - Mutu
    Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Above all for the long term we need Buffon to get back into shape. This is a good opportunity for him to get another 90 minutes under his belt and, hopefully, a notch up in form.

eddie3

Jul 13, 2005
    zlatan9uk said:
    but on the same point i dont really think its gonna make much difference who comes 1st this year as there are decent clubs likely to finish 2nd (real madrid etc).
    If we finish first then we will face:
    B.Ajax
    C.Werder(if Udinese finishes second then we wont be able to draw with Group C)
    D.All teams are possible
    E.PSV,Schalke(We can't draw Milan)
    F.Real Madrid
    G.Chelsea or Liverpool
    H.Rangers,Ardmedia,Porto

If we finish second then we will face:
    B.Arsenal
    C.Barcelona
    D.All teams are possible
    E.PSV,Schalke(We can't draw Milan)
    F.Lyon
    G.Chelsea or Liverpool
    H. - (We can't draw Inter)

So it's better to finish first cause we can avoid Barca,Arsenal,Lyon(very fast,good and dangerous team)
    We will also have the 2nd leg at home

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    agree its an ideal match for gigi to start in. also vienna are bottom of the group with nothing to play for so they will try to show their fans a good game they will not sit back and defend but attack which will be good for juve as thier should be plenty of space to exploit.

also bayern travel to brugge most belgians hate bayern, brugge are in good domestic form at the moment getting back into title contention they will be eager to continue their recent good run and get a good result against bayern. all juve have to do is beat vienna by 1 more goal than bayer beat brugge i think juve will top the group.

1 B München 5 4 0 1 9-3 12
    2 Juventus 5 4 0 1 9-4 12

unless for example bayern beat brugge 2-1 and juve win 2-0 who tops the group then. i think bayern because b is before j in the alphabet
    1 juve 6 5 0 1 11-4 15
    1 b mun 6 5 0 1 11-4 15 ?????? interesting if this happens

but a 1-0 win for bayern coupled with a 2-0 win for juve leaves juve top

1 juve 6 5 0 1 11-4 15
    2 bayern mun 6 5 0 1 10-3 15

juve top on goals scored an so on and so on

i would like to see

buffon

zambro thuram canna cheillini

camo emerson vieira mutu

ibra Trez/Dp

is emerson fit was his injury only minor

*Juventino*

I Love Juve
    Nov 21, 2005
    I dont think its very important who the next opponent is.... Juve have always been a opponent who alwayscan surprise everybody... remember madrid???? 3-1 :):):) EMOZIONI :cool:

JanBalk

Oct 7, 2005
    There are IMO currently only five teams in Europe who are almost our equals. Two we will aviod for the enxt stage anyway (Bayern is from our group and Milan as they are Italians). Winning the group would save us from two of the others (barca and Lyon) and we could end up getting Chelski regardless if we win or ends up second.

So winning the group would make things easier.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
    Apr 22, 2005
    we need a 3-0 win boys to insure our 1st place finish above bayern. We should prepare for this game just like any other game and get out there and devastate...forza juve!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)