CL Pre-QuarterFinal Draw (1 Viewer)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
The draw will take place at UEFA's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland tomorrow (Friday), starting at 12.00CET.

Sixteen teams have advanced from the group stage, the eight section winners and eight runners-up.

Here are the possible teams that we could be drawn against:

FC Bayern München (GER)
FC Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
RC Deportivo La Coruña (ESP)
VfB Stuttgart (GER)
FC Porto (POR)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
RC Celta de Vigo (ESP)

Which of them would you prefer/avoid?

Personally, I think Bayern and Deportivo are the strongest whereas Sparta and Lokomotiv are the weakest. Porto and Stuttgart are also dangerous. I have a feeling we'll get Celta Vigo :undecide:

An interesting scenario would be Man Utd - Bayern Muncih :D

The first-leg matches will be played on 24/25 February with the return legs on 9/10 March.

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'd prefer Lokomotiv, Sparta or Celta

avoid Bayern and Depor.

As you said, Stuttgart and Porto are also dangerous

Depor aren't looking as strong as they were last season, but they can still be a thread when they play well

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
The way I always see it is like this: the English and German teams can knock out the Italians, who can knock out the Spanish, who can knock out the English and Germans! The Russians, Portugese and Czechs should be there just to make up the numbers.

There are too many combinations with this many teams to make a big prediction, but a Man Utd v Bayern Munich match would be interesting, as would a Man Utd v Deportivo one. I'd like to see a Juve v Stutgart game too. That'd be interesting - maybe a small kick up the backside for Juve, kicking them into gear for the remainder fo the competition?

I wonder will we see many shocks this year?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Everyone is going on and on about Lokomotiv, and I dunno why. I don't want them, that's for sure.

Of course there's the benefit of the russian league going through a long winter break, which could mean they will not be well prepared. But they're still a good team, especially on home soil, and with I don't know how many degrees below 0, they have a huge advantage. Moscow scares the hell out of me.

I'd like Celta. From what I've seen they shouldn't be much of a threat to Juventus. They're very lucky to have gotten this far IMO-

Dunno about Sparta... they were pretty damn lucky against Lazio, but still a solid team. Ughhh... don't mess around with eastern teams. :scared:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
FC Bayern München (GER)
FC Lokomotiv Moskva (RUS)
RC Deportivo La Coruña (ESP)
VfB Stuttgart (GER)
FC Porto (POR)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE)
RC Celta de Vigo (ESP)

i am interested to play against Porto...

leave the small european teams for others... i am tired of small challengeless matches already..

avoid early appointments with bayern and deportivo..

and awant to support stuggart to knock out other team as they are my pick for suprise team this year..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I agree with you Fab; a Spanish team would be nice.

As long as we avoid the two German teams, Bayern and Stuttgart, I'll be happy.

Sep 28, 2002
i want depor. they are not the force they used to be. 8-3? you call this a threat.
sparta were lucky to get here.
loko wont that much of a danger in early spring. temperature will around 0 and they will be very off tone because of winter brake.
stuttgart have no experience at all, but they miht be just like leeds or bayer were before.
porto - uefa cup winners. they are dangerous.
celta. havent seen anything about them. but they knocked out ajax. last year semifinalists. easier opponent would be nicer at first.
bayern. they seem to be very weak this year. kinda like inter. but it would be better to avoid them

i want sparta. i would go to prague :D

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I want to see Juventus play Bayern. I don't fear Depor at all but we have played them way too often over the last few seasons. Can't stand them.

Honestly any other opponent would be great.

Sep 28, 2002
bayern juve would be a great clash but german team has pontential to go all the way. i want real to them first. when real is out, we could know out bayern :cool:

any of second round/quarter final draws including bayern - real - man utd would be great. with all their recent histories. those would be classics.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Roverbhoy ] ++
I saw Bayen in all their games in the initial Cl group matches...they are there for the taking...I think Juve would easily brush them aside
year 2001 comes to my mind when real also thought bayern can easily be brushed aside especially after defeating bayern twice in the gruop phase 4-2 and 4-2. bayern came out with 3-2 aggregate victory. from what i saw they are not scary, but they have team capable of winning, they have more than 2 months to make that team play. lets just beter avoid them

cynical

Mar 7, 2003
I think if y'all wanna see the best of Juve, we gotta play against the best. seriously, Juve can always live up the expectation in big matches.

Oct 2, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

year 2001 comes to my mind when real also thought bayern can easily be brushed aside especially after defeating bayern twice in the gruop phase 4-2 and 4-2. bayern came out with 3-2 aggregate victory.
that was just exactly opposite :D

4-1 and 4-2...won by bayern...and then real had shown them a back door in playoffs...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)