CL Pre-QuarterFinal Draw (2 Viewers)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Stuttgart v Chelsea....Chelsea I see them losing one and then advancing on goal difference. They have geeled really well, but I don't think that they will go all the way

FC Porto v Manchester United Manure-they have really got on a roll, winning all except for one of their group matches. They could easily go all the way.

Real Sociedad v Lyon This is tough....Lyon did well in the group stages, but I don't see them getting past Real.

Celta Vigo v Arsenal Arsenal, after their horrible start, have gotten going. this should be a good matchup, but I think Arsenal should pull away, perhaps from some Henry heroics

Bayern Munich v Real Madrid I pity Bayern. They are good team, but to draw Madrid right away sucks for them. I could have seen them going pretty far, but not against Real-who, per usual, have a good shot at winning it all. I also pity Real-out of all the group winners, they have just about the hardest matchup

Sparta Prague v Milan Sparta will put up a good fight, but Milan should advance......as long as they don't underestimate Sparta

Deportivo v Juventus I won't say anything.......

Lokomotiv v Monaco the hardest one to call...if Monaco do well in Moscow, then they should advance

Possible Upset:
Bayern-Real Bayern have a chance to pull off a big one here.....and if they do, there confidence would go so high, that they could go all the way. That said, it is Real that they are playing..........

Most Interesting
Deportivo-Juventus definitally the most interesting.......either Juventus easily blows the Spanish side to hell, or a really close, drawn out contest

Easiest pick
Manure-Porto
Manure shouldn't have to much trouble. several goals from RVN

how do they do the next round? is it
Stuttgart v Chelsea winner vs
FC Porto v Manchester United winner
and
Real Sociedad v Lyon winner vs
Celta Vigo v Arsenal winner,
or is it "random" again?

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I wonder if there is any conspiracy as to why Milan always get the 'easiest' team from the draws :D Maybe incubo can tell us ;)

My wish list of teams I want to qualify:

VfB Stuttgart v Chelsea
Porto v Manchester United
Real Sociedad v Lyon
Celta Vigo v Arsenal
Bayern Munich v Real Madrid
Sparta Prague v AC Milan
Deportivo v Juventus
Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco
Sorry Zizou but when I post about controversy I back it up with facts or show corroborating evidence to support my opinion. To be honest maybe its because last season we had the group of death and then were slotted in the group as REAL and still managed to qualify the quickest. Maybe its the football Gods giving back to us. You guys should not fear Deportivo. Its not the time to crack under pressure...we need the only two Italian teams to pass this round. COME ON!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by IncuboRossonero ] ++
Sorry Zizou but when I post about controversy I back it up with facts or show corroborating evidence to support my opinion.
And when Zizou cracks a joke, he indicates it with a ;) smilie. :D

IncuboRossonero

Inferiority complex
Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by JuveTrueChamps ] ++
How do sly milan get the easy teams. I hope they dont sly there way to the cup like last season, they didnt even win a game they drew em all.
They won their first three games in a row in the group of death...won their first three games in the next round with REAL in the mix ..qualified first and the quickest in both instances. Beat Ajax...tied Inter. The same Inter you lost against..oh sorry no we had starters playing....

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

year 2001 comes to my mind when real also thought bayern can easily be brushed aside especially after defeating bayern twice in the gruop phase 4-2 and 4-2. bayern came out with 3-2 aggregate victory. from what i saw they are not scary, but they have team capable of winning, they have more than 2 months to make that team play. lets just beter avoid them

Fair comment...now that we know the draw we will see a rematch of that tie between Real and Madrid...the second leg will be in Spain...so I really fancy Real

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I wonder if there is any conspiracy as to why Milan always get the 'easiest' team from the draws :D Maybe incubo can tell us ;)

My wish list of teams I want to qualify:

VfB Stuttgart v Chelsea
Porto v Manchester United
Real Sociedad v Lyon
Celta Vigo v Arsenal
Sparta Prague v AC Milan
Deportivo v Juventus
Lokomotiv Moscow v Monaco
:fero:

Aug 1, 2003
Alright, here is who I want to go through:

Stuttgart v Chelsea
FC Porto v Manchester United
Real Sociedad v Lyon
Celta Vigo v Arsenal
Sparta Prague v Milan
Deportivo v Juventus
Lokomotiv v Monaco

walaaaaaa deportivo again??? we always seem to shake when we face them, darn

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
why do you all wish the worst for Arsenal,just as i was hoping for the quarter finals for the first time in the CL:down:

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
Here's my list with the ones that I want to go trough:

Stuttgart v Chelsea
FC Porto v Manchester United
Real Sociedad v Lyon
Celta Vigo v Arsenal
Sparta Prague v Milan
Deportivo v Juventus
Lokomotiv v Monaco

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
You're not so much into Spanish football, are you? :D

My list:

Vfb Stuttgart - Chelsea
FC Porto - Manchester United
Real Sociedad - Olympique Lyonnais
Celta de Vigo - Arsenal
Bayern München - Real Madrid
Sparta Prague - AC Milan
Deportivo la Coruña - Juventus
Lokomotiv Moskva - AS Monaco

I hope teams with a lot of Dutch players will get knocked out soon - so we'll have a healthy squad at Euro2004 :angel:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Ok let's have a look. Both French clubs advance, Milan and Arsenal get kicked out :devil:, Porto go through, Bayern get dropped. It's perfect, man! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)