[CL] Olympiakos 0-2 JUVENTUS [December 5th 2017] (4 Viewers)

vote

• De Sciglio

• Benatia

• Szczesny

• Alex Sandro

• Douglas Costa

• Cuadrado

• Bernardeschi

Results are only viewable after voting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Fair points with regards to his poor first touch. But I don’t agree with him not being able to set up opportunities for Higuain etc. IMO his passing is superb. And it’s strange, but his long range shooting has sadly regressed. His first two seasons with us he pulled out some crackers from medium/long distance.
I don't think his passing technique or vision are bad at all I just think he instinctively is looking to shoot before playing in a teammate when in the final third. Its how he plays and has been for some time.

I would prefer a player in that role who is more focused on looking for the runs of his teammates then constantly trying to shoot from 20-25 yards

- - - Updated - - -

@Kyle

#HurtFeelings

- - - Updated - - -

God. Benching a guy for a game or two is not like you are benching him for the season. Shit happens, players get into ruts and sometimes you need a drastic short term solution to make a long term solution.
you so silly

Buy on AliExpress.com

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
The worries about Dybala in CAM are fair imo. He can play there but it clearly is not his natural and he has flaws ie his poor first touch, unwillingness to incorporate his right foot when he should and the fact that his first instinct in almost any attack is to go direct for goal means he misses opportunities to set up teammates in better positions.
Why hasn't he worked on this? It only seems to have gotten worse.

Drizzy

Apr 26, 2015
We need to get rid of this 4231 in Europe, Dybala is too much of a defensive liability, and Khedira can't be only one of 2 mids, if we play against bayern or psg we will get torn apart more than what madrid did to us, idk why we're not sticking with the 4321, thats 100% the only formation we can use in Europe to have a chance

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We need to get rid of this 4231 in Europe, Dybala is too much of a defensive liability, and Khedira can't be only one of 2 mids, if we play against bayern or psg we will get torn apart more than what madrid did to us, idk why we're not sticking with the 4321, thats 100% the only formation we can use in Europe to have a chance
99% agree. Not so sure about Dybala being a defensive liability.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That midfield duo of Rudy and Tolisso that just crushed PSG is making me extremely confident we wouldn't get torn apart.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It is the same formation as against Napoli, though you are right DC offers something completely different on the left than Matuidi. I believe Allegri wants the team to be more on the ball and play with periods of higher pressure, also to avoid the greeks from having the initiative and getting momentum from fans etc. However, he may have other reasons. Let's just hope that we are able to keep the ball rolling, because if we can play out of pressure for the first 30 minutes, i believe we have a good chance at winning the match.
We played a two man mid against Napoli and won. Its the same formation we always play but with Matuidi in Mandzu place.
It was a clear 4-4-2 with Costa as RM and Matuidi as LM. Dybala was in the middle with Higuain. It was the same formation we have played every game since january last year.
:tup:

Looked the usual 4231 to me too vs Napoli, esp in 2nd half, with the same 442 shape without the ball.

Only diff was it was Matuidi in Mandzukic's place. Naturally, MM is more of a WF when we have the ball, and Matuidi played to his strengths like Sturaro last season. Edit: And those who think MM shouldn't start don't realize he does the job of a DM when we don't have the ball, not what a typical winger with some defensive responsibility does.

Draw meant nothing, so Max went with another attacking winger in this game which makes sense. Should've played Marchisio though for ball retention purposes.

The Pole was great tonight :tup: @piotrr

Bargain, can't get a better goalkeeper even if you pay three times the money.
And yet, some want a new GK for XI for next season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's funny he got high ratings on most football sites - dunno why.
if you mean whoscored and sofascore, their ratings are based on individual stats. khedira had:
- an assist and 2 key passes
- a very high % of completed passes (above 90%)
- 2 dribbles (which make messi the best player every single time; dribbles are way overrated by these sites)
- and finally some actual defensive contribution with 3 successful tackles, 2 clearances and a blocked shot

by the numbers, he had a more than decent game. and numbers aside, if he repeated this performance every time, i wouldn't had a single complaint about him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)