[CL] Olympiakos 0-2 JUVENTUS [December 5th 2017] (1 Viewer)

vote

• De Sciglio

• Benatia

• Szczesny

• Alex Sandro

• Douglas Costa

• Cuadrado

• Bernardeschi

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #228
    Qualification sorted, the most important thing. Decent performance and very good win away from home in a hostile environment. Khedira and Dybala worst on the field, Szczesny MOM. Also happy with MDS, Benatia, Matuidi and DC’s performances. Now let’s hope we get a good opponent in the last 16.
    What do you think we should do with Dybala to get him back on track?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Worked with Higuain. Don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work with Dybala. Sick of people blaming his position on the reason why he isn’t playing well. He was playing CAM in a 4-2-3-1 when he went on his insane goalscoring run in the first few months of the season. Why is it a problem now?

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
    People actually complaining about this game? 2:
    Actually if there is anything to complain about this game is that it was boring. In some periods got a feeling like I am watching slow motion video, we barely got out of second gear. It's understandable considering the upcoming game.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Actually if there is anything to complain about this game is that it was boring. In some periods got a feeling like I am watching slow motion video, we barely got out of second gear. It's understandable considering the upcoming game.
    That’s fair enough. Wasn’t the most thrilling performance, that’s for sure. But when do we even play scintillating football at this stage of the CL? Happy we won (relatively) comfortably and kept our clean sheet record going. Perfect lead up to the game against Merda this weekend

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Worked with Higuain. Don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work with Dybala. Sick of people blaming his position on the reason why he isn’t playing well. He was playing CAM in a 4-2-3-1 when he went on his insane goalscoring run in the first few months of the season. Why is it a problem now?
    The worries about Dybala in CAM are fair imo. He can play there but it clearly is not his natural and he has flaws ie his poor first touch, unwillingness to incorporate his right foot when he should and the fact that his first instinct in almost any attack is to go direct for goal means he misses opportunities to set up teammates in better positions.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Why would we want anything different? We didn't want an open free flowing game for any reason especially after an early goal and with a potential scudetto showdown next week. Once we had scored slow was the right way to go

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #237
    Worked with Higuain. Don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t work with Dybala.
    @Kyle

#HurtFeelings

- - - Updated - - -

God. Benching a guy for a game or two is not like you are benching him for the season. Shit happens, players get into ruts and sometimes you need a drastic short term solution to make a long term solution.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    The worries about Dybala in CAM are fair imo. He can play there but it clearly is not his natural and he has flaws ie his poor first touch, unwillingness to incorporate his right foot when he should and the fact that his first instinct in almost any attack is to go direct for goal means he misses opportunities to set up teammates in better positions.
    Fair points with regards to his poor first touch. But I don’t agree with him not being able to set up opportunities for Higuain etc. IMO his passing is superb. And it’s strange, but his long range shooting has sadly regressed. His first two seasons with us he pulled out some crackers from medium/long distance.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
    Why would we want anything different? We didn't want an open free flowing game for any reason especially after an early goal and with a potential scudetto showdown next week. Once we had scored slow was the right way to go
    I understand this completely, it was right way to treat this game.
    Boredom was personal feeling, not that game should have been played differently.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #240
    Fair points with regards to his poor first touch. But I don’t agree with him not being able to set up opportunities for Higuain etc. IMO his passing is superb. And it’s strange, but his long range shooting has sadly regressed. His first two seasons with us he pulled out some crackers from medium/long distance.
    He has been getting dispossessed too easily. That irritates me more than anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)