[CL] Olympiacos 1-0 JUVENTUS (October 22nd 2014) (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I can't pull myself to read anything about the game without wanting to drop my pants and sit naked on my staircase post without lube.
:lol:

Wednesday's game is only fleetingly mentioned, more about us being an enigma in Europe throughout our history.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Wrote this in the aftermath of Wednesday's game. Opinions?

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-the-enigma-of-europe/
"Who can forget his ‘’ Well, you cannot go to eat at a €100 restaurant with just €10 euro in your pocket, can you?’’ comment?"

Still can't believe he said that.

In Italy he built the mentality of warriors, but in Europe, and especially after the Bayern match, he made the team feel like they're a bottom division side from Malta.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
"Who can forget his '’ Well, you cannot go to eat at a €100 restaurant with just €10 euro in your pocket, can you?’’ comment?"

In Italy he built the mentality of warriors, but in Europe, and especially after the Bayern match, he made the team feel like they're a bottom division side from Malta.
Truer words have never been spoken, he should have had a never say die attitude in Europe. Instead he instilled a weak mentality on the players and kept saying to the media they weren't good enough when in actual fact they were good enough to at least get out of the group stages.

Also what pisses me off is that Vidal and Pogba are continuously going out on the wings to cover our wing backs and defend against the opposition wingers. We have 2 of the best midfielders in the world in Pogba and Vidal and instead of doing damage to the opponents they are limiting the damage we take from the opposition out of position.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrote this in the aftermath of Wednesday's game. Opinions?

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-the-enigma-of-europe/
A very good read, reading that just reminded me of everything this forum has been discussing about our team over the last 3 years.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
"Who can forget his '’ Well, you cannot go to eat at a €100 restaurant with just €10 euro in your pocket, can you?’’ comment?"

I always had a feeling that Conte likes easy wins and easy life, in that respect he is a lot like Mourinho, he wants the best players, go for easy targets and pretend to be a hard fucker.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

I wonder if he's gonna do the same when he faces Germany and Spain with Italy.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006

low blow :p

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I always had a feeling that Conte likes easy wins and easy life, in that respect he is a lot like Mourinho, he wants the best players, go for easy targets and pretend to be a hard $#@!er.
IMO he did that to cover is tactical flaws. He dont wanted the responsibility of the fail to fall on his shoulders. Better blame the refs, calciopoli, 7th places and lack of money. Tactics and mentality? no fuking way. Not for Conte

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Truer words have never been spoken, he should have had a never say die attitude in Europe. Instead he instilled a weak mentality on the players and kept saying to the media they weren't good enough when in actual fact they were good enough to at least get out of the group stages.

Also what pisses me off is that Vidal and Pogba are continuously going out on the wings to cover our wing backs and defend against the opposition wingers. We have 2 of the best midfielders in the world in Pogba and Vidal and instead of doing damage to the opponents they are limiting the damage we take from the opposition out of position.

- - - Updated - - -

A very good read, reading that just reminded me of everything this forum has been discussing about our team over the last 3 years.
dat dere pussy mentality, instead of dominating midfields like we should do to almost any team we use their defensive side to limit the oppositions attacks it's disgusting.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
dat dere pussy mentality, instead of dominating midfields like we should do to almost any team we use their defensive side to limit the oppositions attacks it's disgusting.
U think Allegri and Conte who are/were paid millions a year would be able spot that there are so many flaws in the system that we play after all this time? Allegri is afraid to switch to a back 4 he just wants to live in Conte's shadow by the looks of it and ride his 3-5-2 bandwagon. #Pussytactics

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
U think Allegri and Conte who are/were paid millions a year would be able spot that there are so many flaws in the system that we play after all this time? Allegri is afraid to switch to a back 4 he just wants to live in Conte's shadow by the looks of it and ride his 3-5-2 bandwagon. #Pussytactics
He is afraid to change a "winning" formation. Thats why.
I dont know if he is being pressured by the boad to continue the conte plan for this season...or that he is afraid of backlash in case the results start to go wrong in italy with a new formation.

At this point, im starting to believe he just wants to survive this season and win serie A, trying to secure his spot for next season and have a bigger say in the mercato perhaps?.

Anyways, is bad how you look at it.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
He is afraid to change a "winning" formation. Thats why.
I dont know if he is being pressured by the boad to continue the conte plan for this season...or that he is afraid of backlash in case the results start to go wrong in italy with a new formation.

At this point, im starting to believe he just wants to survive this season and win serie A, trying to secure his spot for next season and have a bigger say in the mercato perhaps?.

Anyways, is bad how you look at it.
Yep i think that is probably the reason as well, if he changes it and things dont go according to plan he will be afraid of the backlash, but surely as a coach u should play the philosophy that has worked for u in the passed and not just copy what the previous coach done? Any formation could win us the league in Serie A as our players are just siperior to the other teams so why not take some risks?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yep i think that is probably the reason as well, if he changes it and things dont go according to plan he will be afraid of the backlash, but surely as a coach u should play the philosophy that has worked for u in the passed and not just copy what the previous coach done? Any formation could win us the league in Serie A as our players are just siperior to the other teams so why not take some risks?
Dont ask me why.
I think thats the difference between seasoned top coaches and average ones, specially if they are italian with italian mentality.
Coaches like mourinho , bielsa, carletto etc would have enought guts to change things if they believe they could work in certain way.
Maybe allegri sees this as a unique opportunity to continue coaching a top club and wants to play it safe, using something that has high chances of giving silverware in italy.

The question is.... winning the scudetto and crashing tempestously from the CL would secure his spot?. I pretty much doubt so. He was assigned as Juventus coach uner special circumstances.
The board already said that doing good in the CL was a must. The problem here would be if they want allegri to do that with the Conte plan. if this is the case, then the cards already have been thrown.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Dont ask me why.
I think thats the difference between seasoned top coaches and average ones, specially if they are italian with italian mentality.
Coaches like mourinho , bielsa, carletto etc would have enought guts to change things if they believe they could work in certain way.
Maybe allegri sees this as a unique opportunity to continue coaching a top club and wants to play it safe, using something that has high chances of giving silverware in italy.

The question is.... winning the scudetto and crashing tempestously from the CL would secure his spot?. I pretty much doubt so. He was assigned as Juventus coach uner special circumstances.
The board already said that doing good in the CL was a must. The problem here would be if they want allegri to do that with the Conte plan. if this is the case, then the cards already have been thrown.
I agree with u 100%, he even said himself he was surprised to get the call from Juve in his first interview as coach. He obviously has a lot to lose if things go wrong at Juve so he is trying to play it safe by doing mostly what Conte did. That in itself is the sign of a poor coach who lacks balls to change things around when it's obvious these tactics needed changing for a long time and he is still ignoring them.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I agree with u 100%, he even said himself he was surprised to get the call from Juve in his first interview as coach. He obviously has a lot to lose if things go wrong at Juve so he is trying to play it safe by doing mostly what Conte did. That in itself is the sign of a poor coach who lacks balls to change things around when it's obvious these tactics needed changing for a long time and he is still ignoring them.
And i even can understand some of that idea. It doesnt sound totally crazy to continue using a plan that has won scudettos, but theres a lot more to it than just winning scudetos and 102 points. Thats when a top coach needs to put his mark i think. When someone needs to sit down and say "something is fishy here".

He is not delivering that in this moment of difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)